Daily Forex Trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

achooblessyou

Re: Daily Forex Trading

Postby achooblessyou » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
achooblessyou wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Oh, I say that the USDMXN is good for scalping but if you fancy taking a look, check your spreads. Even with the best deals, it can go a bit mental at stress-points.

You know how much I like my scalps... I'll check it out! thanks lem! I've been practicing YM on a ninja trader demo, and when that thing moves it moves :shock:

What are you running on YM? Same kind of idea you use(d) on the 500?

I've actually been learning how to use a market profile because of the true volume that comes in on futures, and I've been looking for daily H/L breaks: trading with or against them based on the volume nodes of the day and day before. I figured if I look for something small, say 10-20 points, I can effectively be in the market for an extremely short amount of time. have been trading the _:30-_+1:30 hour that US equities(?) open. I find that the volume nodes are similar to the S+D zones you use. whats nice about NT7 is the market replay option for practicing scenarios:)

how would you go about trading it?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:28 am

achooblessyou wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
achooblessyou wrote:You know how much I like my scalps... I'll check it out! thanks lem! I've been practicing YM on a ninja trader demo, and when that thing moves it moves :shock:

What are you running on YM? Same kind of idea you use(d) on the 500?

I've actually been learning how to use a market profile because of the true volume that comes in on futures, and I've been looking for daily H/L breaks: trading with or against them based on the volume nodes of the day and day before. I figured if I look for something small, say 10-20 points, I can effectively be in the market for an extremely short amount of time. have been trading the _:30-_+1:30 hour that US equities(?) open. I find that the volume nodes are similar to the S+D zones you use. whats nice about NT7 is the market replay option for practicing scenarios:)

Ah, that's right, you talked about that before. I forgot you were getting into it. Nice.

How would I trade it? I'd bring across the same methods I use elsewhere. They work just as well.

I jump into volume analysis every once in a while - and then just as quickly dump it again. I just don't take to it - don't really know why.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
achooblessyou wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:What are you running on YM? Same kind of idea you use(d) on the 500?

Ah, that's right, you talked about that before. I forgot you were getting into it. Nice.

How would I trade it? I'd bring across the same methods I use elsewhere. They work just as well.

I jump into volume analysis every once in a while - and then just as quickly dump it again. I just don't take to it - don't really know why.

I am the same, not really sure why it doesn't 'jibe' with me. Perhaps because the lines are vertical and not horizontal :lol:.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
achooblessyou wrote:I've actually been learning how to use a market profile because of the true volume that comes in on futures, and I've been looking for daily H/L breaks: trading with or against them based on the volume nodes of the day and day before. I figured if I look for something small, say 10-20 points, I can effectively be in the market for an extremely short amount of time. have been trading the _:30-_+1:30 hour that US equities(?) open. I find that the volume nodes are similar to the S+D zones you use. whats nice about NT7 is the market replay option for practicing scenarios:)

I am the same, not really sure why it doesn't 'jibe' with me. Perhaps because the lines are vertical and not horizontal :lol:.

LOL the same for me.. all the times I think that volumes could give me some added value but i never don’t know #-o how
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 pm

A leisurely day of surfing the DWZ with the Supply Zone supplying the wind at your back...

EURJPYH1classicDWZsurfing11thApril18.png
EURJPYH1classicDWZsurfing11thApril18.png (41.44 KiB) Viewed 2090 times

The great thing about this technique, is that it is possible to dip in-and-out of it and fit it in around other methods that perhaps need more attention.

There was a beautiful set-up for The DAX this morning and I will post it up once I get the chance to edit and ink it.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:41 pm

''There was a beautiful set-up for The DAX this morning and I will post it up once I get the chance to edit and ink it.''

I wanted to take the opportunity to show an example of how I overlap methods as I have mentioned before.

This is from my morning DAX trade, the set-up of which is a WZ trade over the two-hour block (marked by the small blue rectangle).

I use S+D to give a directional bias if there are zones in place and in this case, there was a Supply Zone right above - not touching but close enough to possibly play a part.

On top of that, my first port of call, the Daily Wick Zone is overlaid here.

So, today, at the Open KO, there was actually a gap and a move upward. This would normally mean that I would take the break but because the Supply Zone was so close, I waited and didn't go in on that.

Normally, I would then have looked for an opportunity to get a WZ move South back into the body of my small blue two-hour block if it came but because price went far enough up that it dipped into the Supply Zone, I was able to take a first entry there, as price dropped back out (marked ''A'').

That not only gave me a buffer for any later move but meant that when price did then drop enough to give me my waited for WZ entry, I could go in there as well (marked ''B''). What you can see here at that level, is that I also had the added weight of that being near as dammit the entry level for a Daily WZ entry as well.

All-in-all, I really could not have had it set up much better for maximizing the chance of success.

Inked.DE30.H1asMonsterTrade-ComboMethodEG11thApril18_LIcrop.jpg
Inked.DE30.H1asMonsterTrade-ComboMethodEG11thApril18_LIcrop.jpg (184.3 KiB) Viewed 2071 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 pm

''A leisurely day of surfing the DWZ with the Supply Zone supplying the wind at your back...''

That EJ set-up played out very nicely through the day and in fact, I'm still in with an interest in the last drop from 17:00...

EURJPY.cH1ridingthelastdropsince5pm11thApril18.png
EURJPY.cH1ridingthelastdropsince5pm11thApril18.png (43.27 KiB) Viewed 2060 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:''A leisurely day of surfing the DWZ with the Supply Zone supplying the wind at your back...''

That EJ set-up played out very nicely through the day and in fact, I'm still in with an interest in the last drop from 17:00...

EURJPY.cH1ridingthelastdropsince5pm11thApril18.png

Detail on that EJ drop, including add-in point and possible exit level. The red horizontal line is the edge of the H1 Supply Zone entry level.

EURJPY.cM5infoforhteEJ-SurfIncAdd-InAndPotentialExit11thApril18.png
EURJPY.cM5infoforhteEJ-SurfIncAdd-InAndPotentialExit11thApril18.png (42.44 KiB) Viewed 2060 times

achooblessyou

Postby achooblessyou » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:A leisurely day of surfing the DWZ with the Supply Zone supplying the wind at your back...

The great thing about this technique, is that it is possible to dip in-and-out of it and fit it in around other methods that perhaps need more attention.

There was a beautiful set-up for The DAX this morning and I will post it up once I get the chance to edit and ink it.

Agreed holo, rat zone, dwz all inter mingle

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 pm

achooblessyou wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:A leisurely day of surfing the DWZ with the Supply Zone supplying the wind at your back...

Agreed holo, rat zone, dwz all inter mingle

It's 5 mins before 1 am here and I've been playing around, scalping The Monster, lol. I need to get a grip :lol:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”