Daily Forex Trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Daily Forex Trading

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Slow day for me today - or perhaps that should be a measured and patient day :P

DAX in the am and then tracked Crude in the run up to the US Open, banking on reaction move. Yep, took a TooSLow 1-2-3 short (off the high)...

CrudeOILH1ashad-to-be-reaction1-2-3April10th18OffUSOpen.png
CrudeOILH1ashad-to-be-reaction1-2-3April10th18OffUSOpen.png (26.93 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Since then, I've been playing with a small favourite of mine, the USDMXN. It's great for HOLO and scalping in general, as it runs in these small ranges and just keeps dipping in-and-out of the well, especially when backed by S+D weight.

I played this with dipped entries, not waiting on the usual true method requirement of m5 candle opening in the zone etc.

USDMXNM5asHOLOonlytradesapartfromDAXandOILatOpen10thApril18.png
USDMXNM5asHOLOonlytradesapartfromDAXandOILatOpen10thApril18.png (41.06 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

I kinda' broke my own rules (sorry Mr-Hyde), as there wasn't the usual higher tf S+D confirmation on these but I was fully prepared to bail at the first sign of any move against me. It's almost like focus-practice, doing this and was helpful today, as I was not seeing much of anything else. Bad things happen when Lem gets bored... :P

Overviews on that set-up, just for info's sake...

USDMXNH1asHOLOoverview10thApril18.png
USDMXNH1asHOLOoverview10thApril18.png (41.68 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

The H4 gave me some justification in not stressing too much about no S+D Zones, as you can see it's PA is looking like it's stuck there for a while...

USDMXNH4overviewshowsstayingtight10thApril18.png
USDMXNH4overviewshowsstayingtight10thApril18.png (42.97 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Oh, I say that the USDMXN is good for scalping but if you fancy taking a look, check your spreads. Even with the best deals, it can go a bit mental at stress-points.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:23 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Since then, I've been playing with a small favourite of mine, the USDMXN. It's great for HOLO and scalping in general, as it runs in these small ranges and just keeps dipping in-and-out of the well, especially when backed by S+D weight.

I played this with dipped entries, not waiting on the usual true method requirement of m5 candle opening in the zone etc.

USDMXNM5asHOLOonlytradesapartfromDAXandOILatOpen10thApril18.png

I kinda' broke my own rules (sorry Mr-Hyde), as there wasn't the usual higher tf S+D confirmation on these but I was fully prepared to bail at the first sign of any move against me. It's almost like focus-practice, doing this and was helpful today, as I was not seeing much of anything else. Bad things happen when Lem gets bored... :P

Overviews on that set-up, just for info's sake...

USDMXNH1asHOLOoverview10thApril18.png

The H4 gave me some justification in not stressing too much about no S+D Zones, as you can see it's PA is looking like it's stuck there for a while...

USDMXNH4overviewshowsstayingtight10thApril18.png

Haha no need to apologize to me. Im sure your at the level of being able to bend your rules from time to time. bad things definitely happen to me when I get bored. PA that really isn't a part of my trading plan starts to look ok and the maybe's and what if's and the fear of missing the move start to come out. That's when price s**t whips me back and forth a couple of times to snap me back to reality.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:24 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Oh, I say that the USDMXN is good for scalping but if you fancy taking a look, check your spreads. Even with the best deals, it can go a bit mental at stress-points.

Yea I haven't checked in a while but the last time I did I thought the spread was around 20 pips or something. Maybe I'm remembering wrong or it was a crap broker.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Oh, I say that the USDMXN is good for scalping but if you fancy taking a look, check your spreads. Even with the best deals, it can go a bit mental at stress-points.

Yea I haven't checked in a while but the last time I did I thought the spread was around 20 pips or something. Maybe I'm remembering wrong or it was a crap broker.

Yeah, I'd definitely class that as a crap broker, lol.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

Yeah, I'd definitely class that as a crap broker, lol.

yeah I'm probably remembering wrong or looked at a bad time or something.

achooblessyou

Postby achooblessyou » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm

You know how much I like my scalps... I'll check it out! thanks lem! I've been practicing YM on a ninja trader demo, and when that thing moves it moves :shock:

achooblessyou

Postby achooblessyou » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:23 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.jpg

It's like TRO threw up against a wall...

lines-lines-everywhere.jpg

This is a laser scene from an action movie pew pew

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 pm

achooblessyou wrote:

You know how much I like my scalps... I'll check it out! thanks lem! I've been practicing YM on a ninja trader demo, and when that thing moves it moves :shock:

What are you running on YM? Same kind of idea you use(d) on the 500?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”