free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Re: Breakouts.

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:25 am

pain wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
pain wrote:....
i'm not sure how to use daily mid dots as a bias for daily breakout trades.. in order for it to break out doesn't it already have to be above/below the previous midpoint? ...

Use the PREVIOUS DAILY MIDPOINT as the bias! Long above, short below.

ok, understood.

todays breakout trades:
both hit first tp, then be+6. back in the green.

will now start to do some mid dot trades. price above/below daily mid dot= bias, h1 open above/below h1 middot= trigger. will update later, with pictures of trades taken, and the profit/loss. i'll be using different sl, and no tp, and risking .1% max.
10 pip sl, 5 pip scale out+be+1, 10pip be+5, 15pip be+10, after that maybe just a trailing stop.

If what you are doing is profitable then DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:04 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
pain wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
Use the PREVIOUS DAILY MIDPOINT as the bias! Long above, short below.

ok, understood.

todays breakout trades:

will now start to do some mid dot trades. price above/below daily mid dot= bias, h1 open above/below h1 middot= trigger. will update later, with pictures of trades taken, and the profit/loss. i'll be using different sl, and no tp, and risking .1% max.
10 pip sl, 5 pip scale out+be+1, 10pip be+5, 15pip be+10, after that maybe just a trailing stop.

I can't agree with that. If breakout is working don't system hop to mid points. However, You do owe it to yourself to collect data on various entry and exit methods along with money management. Backtest and forward test each piece individually while keeping precise data.

System hoping is usually bad. Working to master your system is a good thing. You might find out you can go from 2% a month to 4% without additional risk.

After a lot of testing you may find out you can't improve the system at all.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

pain

Postby pain » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:47 am

wound up not trading mid-dots after being yelled at lol

i did some searching, and found some adr indicator, that lets me know the avg percentage price usually travels per day, will try to implement that to filter out some trades. EURJPY hit 80% of adr without breaking out, so i won't trade it today no matter what.
USDCAD skyrocketed after my entry, and hit tp1,tp2, and around 80% of adr, then started stalling so i closed it before the third tp preemptively.

pain

Postby pain » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:00 am

aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
pain wrote:
ok, understood.

todays breakout trades:

I can't agree with that. If breakout is working don't system hop to mid points. However, You do owe it to yourself to collect data on various entry and exit methods along with money management. Backtest and forward test each piece individually while keeping precise data.

System hoping is usually bad. Working to master your system is a good thing. You might find out you can go from 2% a month to 4% without additional risk.

After a lot of testing you may find out you can't improve the system at all.

i think both points have a lot of validity to it, no? maybe instead of trying to add a whole new method, i can search for negatively/very low correlated pairs to add for more breakout possibilities. i'll do some more research on pair correlations, i don't really want to trade any exotics or anything though. once i've mastered this, i'm sure i can add another method or two that i could trade as well that suit me. maybe weekly breakouts/inside bars or something.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:14 am

pain wrote:wound up not trading mid-dots after being yelled at lol

i did some searching, and found some adr indicator, that lets me know the avg percentage price usually travels per day, will try to implement that to filter out some trades. EURJPY hit 80% of adr without breaking out, so i won't trade it today no matter what.
USDCAD skyrocketed after my entry, and hit tp1,tp2, and around 80% of adr, then started stalling so i closed it before the third tp preemptively.

Someone yelled at you? We will have to find out who did that.

I hate to see people system hop. In the beginning its good to explore. Then you must get serious about one method and become a master of it. Stop chasing the shinny things.

pain

Postby pain » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:58 am

no trades yesterday, fell asleep before any breakouts occurred. todays trades so far more than made up for it. eurjpy hit all 3 targets in 13 minutes. won't wait any longer for usdcad to move.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:26 pm

pain wrote:no trades yesterday, fell asleep before any breakouts occurred. todays trades so far more than made up for it. eurjpy hit all 3 targets in 13 minutes. won't wait any longer for usdcad to move.

Yeah, positive news from BoJ overnight.

pain

Postby pain » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am

todays trades:

might be ready to switch to REAL trading soon.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:48 am

pain wrote:todays trades:

What is REAL trading?

pain

Postby pain » Mon May 02, 2022 5:07 am

aliassmith wrote:
pain wrote:todays trades:

What is REAL trading?

trading with actual capital, that's where most traders have issues with their mentality and start self-sabotaging, no? hopefully with the amount i'm going to risk live it should be easy for me to deal with.

todays trades: Image

eurjpy nearly touched my tp and retraced, i managed to close before it bounced and gave me a loss.
usdcad did the same exact thing, but since i wasn't watching the chart as much as i should've been, i couldn't close it in time. i took a small loss instead.

ImageImage

Return to “TheRumpledOne”