Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Look around you, do you see your surroundings? If I told you to walk in one direction for 100 meters, and you saw hundreds of dead bodies ahead - would you keep walking?

Those wicks are the dead bodies of traders who lost. Wait until you see others crossing the area, waving to you that the coast is clear ( a CC close).

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

flex

Postby flex » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm

i guess you can always paint ccs so that you see what you want to see. or (in my case) see what you fear. i stopped using too many time frames since there is always one with a bad sign keeping me from trading for weeks just staring at charts.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm

cwn6161 wrote:Look around you, do you see your surroundings? If I told you to walk in one direction for 100 meters, and you saw hundreds of dead bodies ahead - would you keep walking?

Those wicks are the dead bodies of traders who lost. Wait until you see others crossing the area, waving to you that the coast is clear ( a CC close).

Again... Great advice! :D

I've personally got a short bias on the GU based on what I am seeing on the H4 and Weekly Charts... But hey... I know nothing...

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:20 am

flex wrote:i guess you can always paint ccs so that you see what you want to see. or (in my case) see what you fear. i stopped using too many time frames since there is always one with a bad sign keeping me from trading for weeks just staring at charts.

Knowledge is heavy but ignorance is heavier.

bredin

Postby bredin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 am

MightyOne wrote:
flex wrote:i guess you can always paint ccs so that you see what you want to see. or (in my case) see what you fear. i stopped using too many time frames since there is always one with a bad sign keeping me from trading for weeks just staring at charts.

Knowledge is heavy but ignorance is heavier.
Ignorance breaks the law of supply in demand by being both abundant and expensive.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

erika_bb

Postby erika_bb » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:12 pm

im trying the Blind mouse strategy and this is my trade:

I am open to comments and suggestions so I can improve if i am doing something wrong.

also should i set the CC to reload on a new extreme for this strategy? bredin?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 pm

bredin wrote:
Ignorance breaks the law of supply & demand by being both abundant and expensive.

G.

Brilliant :P

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:10 am

cwn6161 wrote:Sometimes it's best to wait for an entry.

My CCs are different than yours, I'm not sure why but the point can still be made. See my blue line? Price hasn't been able to close over it.

What does that mean?!?!?!!? Wait. Wait. Wait. We are in a wicked area now. I have no idea what will happen but I wouldn't take a long trade until I saw the CC close above the wicked areas. I would maybe even wait to see price drop and not go below that line.

Build a position behind the trend, sidestep corrections, but build a position in the long term direction.

(THIS CHART IS NOT ANALYSIS! IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!)

newark18

Postby newark18 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:57 am

Here is what I do based on what I have learned in this thread:

1. Understand that I do not know which way the market is going. And based on that, the only way to make money is use the power of lowrisk/high reward. If your ratio is high enough, you can take chances without too much fear.

2. Find the long term trend. I am just eyeballing it for the most part but I am thinking that I should be using the same method as determining "which way is it going?" See below.

3. Wait for retracement and enter using BM entry or rat reversal

4. Which way is it going? Which extreme is it closing over? Simply, a close over a high extreme means that it is going up and a close over a low extreme means that it is going down? Is there a way to detect direction is little bit earlier than that? What if we used custom candles? What if we considered the extreme of the second to last candle? (Brilliant btw MO)

Based on this, I hope my account will not remain the same. If it is, then I think I will have run astray.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 am

4. Which way is it going?

Is there a better way than the Blind Mouse Strategy?

If you are using customcandles for short term direction

Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Return to “TheRumpledOne”