Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 am

Weekly+Extreme GJ FTW!!!! Wanna see how far I can ride this sukka! :D

:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Weekly+Extreme GJ FTW!!!! Wanna see how far I can ride this sukka! :D

Pretty bold of you to buy when the previous candle is red! :shock: :wink:

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm

cwn6161 wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Weekly+Extreme GJ FTW!!!! Wanna see how far I can ride this sukka! :D

:lol:

Nah, entry was off the extreme OC H1 (dragon)

Then proceeded to Rat entry my way into bigger things... Also managed to scalp about 50 odd pips in the first two hours of the London Session - closed out 3 other entries at the daily extreme High (saw price running out of steam), so i ended up with a total of 350 odd pips and currently sitting with about 160 pips on the table (Green 2 line is the AVE) waiting for Weekly to go GREEN then I'm gonna buy the pullback (hopefully) :D I love being sick cause I get to trade the whole day... pitty I don't really end up recovering cause I don't rest... Gonna rest now though... :P

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

Then proceeded to Rat entry my way into bigger things... Also managed to scalp about 50 odd pips in the first two hours of the London Session - closed out 3 other entries at the daily extreme High (saw price running out of steam), so i ended up with a total of 350 odd pips and currently sitting with about 160 pips on the table (Green 2 line is the AVE) waiting for Weekly to go GREEN then I'm gonna buy the pullback (hopefully) :D I love being sick cause I get to trade the whole day... pitty I don't really end up recovering cause I don't rest... Gonna rest now though... :P

Very nice! Time to give up the day job :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

Nice gains Jalarupa :shock:

I slow down toward the end of the year and start dicking around with small 200p movers (maybe due to boredom):

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

I slow down toward the end of the year and start dicking around with small 200p movers (maybe due to boredom):

A long long time ago in a forum far far away, you mentioned that you used to trade with time stops on the weekly candle, based off of how the previous candle closed. Do you do that with the yearly candle? Is that why you're bored?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:57 am

cwn6161 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

A long long time ago in a forum far far away, you mentioned that you used to trade with time stops on the weekly candle, based off of how the previous candle closed. Do you do that with the yearly candle? Is that why you're bored?

All the long term trades have come to a close...
It was a good year having positioned myself three weeks prior to the EURO panic and a few other long term trades that I am proud of.

I am simply waiting for a new year and a fresh set of extremes to trade off of.
Last year I was saying the same thing of how I was excited because a trade off of the yearly extreme at almost no leverage at all is a 50-200% account boost by year end (over 200% this year).

Work from the top chart down and you will always have plenty of money for the future.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:38 am

USDCHF and USDJPY present "bottom feeder" opportunities.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

mob

Postby mob » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 am

MO, I would like to trouble you again for some insight / guidance....

I seem to get a hang of the entrance at extremes (preferably H4 but mostly H1) and made 300% in last 4 weeks...demo account though. As I consider this crazy gains, I think I might not follow proper / safe money management. My aim is to risk no more than 2-4% of capital but have a mental issue to reconcil this with your no-stops approach....

I normally enter with market order once price action leading to extreme is slowing down, add a limit order 40 pips beyond initial entry plus a limit order 30-40 pips away in anticipated direction (ie rebound from extreme), target profit is 50% retrace between previous and present extreme. I normally use a total of 5 lots, lot size calculated as max risk 2-4% with inital 40 pips SL divided by 5 (sub-lots) for placement / adjustments.

I usually trade 2-3 currency pairs concurrently

1a. You mentioned before that you work with 90 pips / 4(?)% risk on weekly basis - how would calculate this if you have one pair position (multiple entries) up for total of 500 pips and another down 600 pips - close all because combined total is minus 100 pips?

2. Multiple entry position moves in anticipated direction, combined total for 500 pips, than falls to
a. average entry, ie. zeroed
b. falls below mental stop loss (40 pips) below average entry across all positions but is still well above initial entry
Would you close positions in either case?

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 am

Hey guys. Im trying to make a proper yearly chart aka 120 days.
Im using PeriodConverterOpt_v1.5_TimeShift indi.
I set it at 120 times 1 day and it just keep doing the old "waiting for update" on a black screen. Also tried 1 month x 4. I have clicked allow DLL imports. Really would like a 3 piece yearly if anyone can help.
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Return to “TheRumpledOne”