Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

OK, so now I am trying to find entries on H3 CC and averaging as early as possible. I wait until there is a close that signals continuation before I average in. I am still working on moving up to HTFs to stay in safe distance from retracement. But I like this trade so far.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 pm

cwn6161 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:The extremes are linked to the periods that they represent.

The larger the period the greater the range expansion and correction size for the extremes.

The new year is coming soon so it is almost time to put on your happy faces :D :shock: :) :( :D :D :shock: :P :P :lol:

Are you excited for the new year because it creates a new candle for you to enter off of the extremes? How much does a yearly candle's extreme have to move before you would enter?

I remember you once said that you will trade in one direction until it is painfully obvious that the trend has changed.

For you to notice a trend has changed it would take another 1 - 2 yrs if trading those....
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:54 pm

newark18 wrote:OK, so now I am trying to find entries on H3 CC and averaging as early as possible. I wait until there is a close that signals continuation before I average in. I am still working on moving up to HTFs to stay in safe distance from retracement. But I like this trade so far.

Newark,
Are the blue arrows pointing your entries or your averages?

Cheers
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Those are my entries.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm

cfabian wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

The larger the period the greater the range expansion and correction size for the extremes.

The new year is coming soon so it is almost time to put on your happy faces :D :shock: :) :( :D :D :shock: :P :P :lol:

Are you excited for the new year because it creates a new candle for you to enter off of the extremes? How much does a yearly candle's extreme have to move before you would enter?

I remember you once said that you will trade in one direction until it is painfully obvious that the trend has changed.

For you to notice a trend has changed it would take another 1 - 2 yrs if trading those....

Not looking for a trend using yearly candles, but using the yearly candle's extreme as an entry point, and holding it (hopefully) until the other end is reached.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:38 am

cwn6161 wrote:

Entering off of a yearly extreme is no different than a daily+ extreme.

You can start from a 5m, hourly, 4H chart, whatever.

Once price moves in your favor you are setting an average and bringing it down behind the trend.

Without leverage you can make 10-20% on a yearly candle having almost forgotten that you even placed the trade in the first place.
If your broker will let you max out at 100:1 then you could make as much as 15x your starting account balance.

Personally, I will select 2 or 3 charts that I do not often trade and enter with 0 to 2:1 leverage off of the yearly extremes.

Then I will mostly be looking for weekly moves on other charts be it the Crash Zone or a full blown trend.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 am

cwn6161 wrote:
cfabian wrote:
cwn6161 wrote:

Not looking for a trend using yearly candles, but using the yearly candle's extreme as an entry point, and holding it (hopefully) until the other end is reached.

That is correct...
the highest I go as far as following a trend is the weekly chart.

monthly+ I am just trying to get to the other side of the candle unless the weekly trend tells me differently.

turboeskimo

Postby turboeskimo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am

Hello! I've read all pages, but still can't understand how to calculate where to place an average and what that average for:)

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 am

turboeskimo wrote:Hello! I've read all pages, but still can't understand how to calculate where to place an average and what that average for:)

1) wait for a retracement in the price

2) as price returns to the direction of the trend, set your average so it's just under the retracement level (if you are going long)

3) the bigger the retracement, the less you risk

turboeskimo

Postby turboeskimo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Ok, so I put averages at each retracement, but how they help trading? And how to determine enter and exit points? I'm confused...

Return to “TheRumpledOne”