Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 pm

The extremes are linked to the periods that they represent.

The larger the period the greater the range expansion and correction size for the extremes.

The new year is coming soon so it is almost time to put on your happy faces :D :shock: :) :( :D :D :shock: :P :P :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Re: Trying to understand

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
razorboy wrote:Or buy high and keep buying higher..........

all depends if you are playing a trend following or mean reverting system. - most people don't know the difference.

off the top of my head there are 4 systems that are freely available and have been used by big money traders for years and none of them involve math that is more complicated than a grade 6 level

all you have to piece together what MO is saying in a way that give you a system with a positive mathematical expectancy (involves an entry signal, sizing algo, SL and TP). The best way is to do this off of price action, but you could do it from an indicator, but there is really no reason to, just involves more math. The only math I do is figuring out my position size based on my stop loss.

Or let me guess, most of you are rock stars already turning 20 points a year on your money.......or maybe you are an SLP like Goldman Sachs......

A consistent 10 to 15% a year makes you a trading god

MightyOne wrote:
brettnchris wrote:Ok I have been trying to understand this for awhile now.

This is what I came up with. I am only trading extremes and i draw lines on the momo's on the way down as soon as price closes above my momo line/z line (red arrow) then I start looking for a long as indicated in this picture ( blue arrow which happens to hit a z line)

This seems pretty simple to what you guys show am I off or missing something?

this is and hour chart trying to keep it simple....

Ok, I'll try to explain this again...

Forget all the fancy names and other crap.

Look at the daily+ charts and ask yourself if price last closed higher or lower than something; don't get too technical, just go with your gut.

If price last closed higher than something then you are trading off of daily+ low extremes.

At some point you will be at a daily+ low extreme on a small(er) tf chart. Wait for said chart to close a CC higher than something and just buy.

If a correction is obvious (if you have such powers of prediction) then exit and buy back lower but do not abuse this; twice is more than enough.

As price moves in your favor, switch to a higher TF chart and set an average below a support level for that period.

Attempt to move your trades to the weekly chart, but if the weekly chart did not close higher than something then your highest chart should be a daily chart.

-Don't simply buy low and sell high

-Buy low, keep buying, and sell highest.

Even buying high is buying low if the size you are buying at a higher price is small compared to your initial entry size; it is your average entry that matters.

15%? Even at 2:1 leverage we are talking about 750 pips or 62.5 pips per month.
A guy with this sort of track record is mediocre at best...

Compare winners with winners not winners with losers :lol:

I'll show you what it means to be a god :wink:

Ya I would have to make 10% or more a month to make it worth while
in my mind. I kind of think of each month as a trading year. Then 10%
compounded monthly over the course of several months is still decent.
Over 12 months every $1000 makes $2000 profit before taxes. :)

Then again with the stuff MightyOne, es/pip, and Dragon put out there
rates higher than 10% a month are within reach. Doubling your account
every 2 to 4 months for example.

My only argument was over a person making 15% a year being called a trading god.

I wasn't saying that 15% a year is a bad rate of return...

Having the current investment options out there 15% a year would
make you a trading god in the eyes of some. BUT, compared to what
I have seen it doesn't come close.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

all depends if you are playing a trend following or mean reverting system. - most people don't know the difference.

off the top of my head there are 4 systems that are freely available and have been used by big money traders for years and none of them involve math that is more complicated than a grade 6 level

all you have to piece together what MO is saying in a way that give you a system with a positive mathematical expectancy (involves an entry signal, sizing algo, SL and TP). The best way is to do this off of price action, but you could do it from an indicator, but there is really no reason to, just involves more math. The only math I do is figuring out my position size based on my stop loss.

Or let me guess, most of you are rock stars already turning 20 points a year on your money.......or maybe you are an SLP like Goldman Sachs......

MightyOne wrote:

This is what I came up with. I am only trading extremes and i draw lines on the momo's on the way down as soon as price closes above my momo line/z line (red arrow) then I start looking for a long as indicated in this picture ( blue arrow which happens to hit a z line)

Look at the daily+ charts and ask yourself if price last closed higher or lower than something; don't get too technical, just go with your gut.

If price last closed higher than something then you are trading off of daily+ low extremes.

At some point you will be at a daily+ low extreme on a small(er) tf chart. Wait for said chart to close a CC higher than something and just buy.

If a correction is obvious (if you have such powers of prediction) then exit and buy back lower but do not abuse this; twice is more than enough.

As price moves in your favor, switch to a higher TF chart and set an average below a support level for that period.

Attempt to move your trades to the weekly chart, but if the weekly chart did not close higher than something then your highest chart should be a daily chart.

Even buying high is buying low if the size you are buying at a higher price is small compared to your initial entry size; it is your average entry that matters.

My only argument was over a person making 15% a year being called a trading god.

Doesn't 2% a day get you at least a little over %40 per month?? (@ 20 trading days)??
(And DEFINITELY more so than %40, ESPECIALLY IF you are properly calculating all the compound interest action that builds up DURING the month)??

[I can't look up the compound interest formula right now to get an exact # myself for 20days @ 2%/day]

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

Doesn't 2% a day get you at least a little over %40 per month?? (@ 20 trading days)??
(And DEFINITELY more so than %40, ESPECIALLY IF you are properly calculating all the compound interest action that builds up DURING the month)??

[I can't look up the compound interest formula right now to get an exact # myself for 20days @ 2%/day]

The formula is

Return = (1 + interest %) ^ recapitalizations

Return is total % return
Interest is the daily profit in %
Recapitalization in this case is the number of trading days

so....
(1 + 0.02) ^ 20 = 1.48% monthly

JUAN

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 pm

JESGPY wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

The formula is

Return = (1 + interest %) ^ recapitalizations

Return is total % return
Interest is the daily profit in %
Recapitalization in this case is the number of trading days

so....
(1 + 0.02) ^ 20 = 1.48% monthly

JUAN

Lousy 48% a month
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks, I just just realized my stupidity when I went into Excel.
I was hoping to correct my post before anyone... :oops: :D

cfabian:
Funny!!! :lol:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

2%c/day for 20 days is ~48.6%...
such a return is difficult especially if you use stops and are willing to exit for a smaller gain than maximum.

My formula is:

Small entry + no SL + use profit to fuel account volatility + exit for the maximum offered = :shock:

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

MightyOne wrote: My formula is:

Small entry + no SL + use profit to fuel account volatility + exit for the maximum offered = :shock:

I can't think that why I have been using tight SL and small entry size just to see how the market hits my SL one by one.. So I'm gonna test entering the market with big toe first and letting it go against me until I see that the entry was bad. But how often could that happen ? As soon as it starts going in my direction I will start adding into my position and will earn the maximum profit. That's how I'm going to earn my first sextillion! Oh right I will make my first million first. :wink:

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:The extremes are linked to the periods that they represent.

The larger the period the greater the range expansion and correction size for the extremes.

The new year is coming soon so it is almost time to put on your happy faces :D :shock: :) :( :D :D :shock: :P :P :lol:

Are you excited for the new year because it creates a new candle for you to enter off of the extremes? How much does a yearly candle's extreme have to move before you would enter?

I remember you once said that you will trade in one direction until it is painfully obvious that the trend has changed.

michaelion

Hey guys!

Postby michaelion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 pm

I am trading for more than 5 years till now, and I must say that i didn't seen any simplier and more powerfull method in all my trader life, thank you very much MO - my eyes are opened wide right now, and i am no more a blindman. Clean chart no laggy indicators, just me and my S&R levels.

PS you said you are talking via googletalk, how can i find you there?
My Skype id "Krosglass-Zakupy" i would be glad if you could give me a sign if you had some time to talk

Once again "THANKS"!!!!!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”