Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 pm

jarnapal wrote:
Quite a ride to the target. It blasted through every support and resistance until it reached Target 1. Sometimes I think it's MO making the ride :lol:

Collected a lot of pips on GU though.

With that H3 closing over the line, I wonder if you entered blindly at the break of it, and what was your SL? Price retraced massively during news this morning, so I'm curious how you handled such trade?

Thanks
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 am

cfabian wrote:
jarnapal wrote:
Quite a ride to the target. It blasted through every support and resistance until it reached Target 1. Sometimes I think it's MO making the ride :lol:

Collected a lot of pips on GU though.

With that H3 closing over the line, I wonder if you entered blindly at the break of it, and what was your SL? Price retraced massively during news this morning, so I'm curious how you handled such trade?

Thanks

I didn't trade EU this time but watched closely both charts and made my trade on GU. I entered on that wick to the downside with 15 min rat reversal.

I also made few other entries that came out with small loss or be so I stopped and looked for clear entry. It was a freaky friday.

The red lines are angles from h1.

brettnchris

Trying to understand

Postby brettnchris » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:23 am

Ok I have been trying to understand this for awhile now.

This is what I came up with. I am only trading extremes and i draw lines on the momo's on the way down as soon as price closes above my momo line/z line (red arrow) then I start looking for a long as indicated in this picture ( blue arrow which happens to hit a z line)

This seems pretty simple to what you guys show am I off or missing something?

this is and hour chart trying to keep it simple....
Attachments
trying to understand.gif
trying to understand.gif (12.51 KiB) Viewed 5730 times

MightyOne

Re: Trying to understand

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:11 am

brettnchris wrote:Ok I have been trying to understand this for awhile now.

This is what I came up with. I am only trading extremes and i draw lines on the momo's on the way down as soon as price closes above my momo line/z line (red arrow) then I start looking for a long as indicated in this picture ( blue arrow which happens to hit a z line)

Ok, I'll try to explain this again...

Forget all the fancy names and other crap.

Look at the daily+ charts and ask yourself if price last closed higher or lower than something; don't get too technical, just go with your gut.

If price last closed higher than something then you are trading off of daily+ low extremes.

At some point you will be at a daily+ low extreme on a small(er) tf chart. Wait for said chart to close a CC higher than something and just buy.

If a correction is obvious (if you have such powers of prediction) then exit and buy back lower but do not abuse this; twice is more than enough.

As price moves in your favor, switch to a higher TF chart and set an average below a support level for that period.

Attempt to move your trades to the weekly chart, but if the weekly chart did not close higher than something then your highest chart should be a daily chart.

-Don't simply buy low and sell high

-Buy low, keep buying, and sell highest.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Or buy high and keep buying higher..........

all depends if you are playing a trend following or mean reverting system. - most people don't know the difference.

off the top of my head there are 4 systems that are freely available and have been used by big money traders for years and none of them involve math that is more complicated than a grade 6 level

all you have to piece together what MO is saying in a way that give you a system with a positive mathematical expectancy (involves an entry signal, sizing algo, SL and TP). The best way is to do this off of price action, but you could do it from an indicator, but there is really no reason to, just involves more math. The only math I do is figuring out my position size based on my stop loss.

Or let me guess, most of you are rock stars already turning 20 points a year on your money.......or maybe you are an SLP like Goldman Sachs......

A consistent 10 to 15% a year makes you a trading god

MightyOne wrote:

Look at the daily+ charts and ask yourself if price last closed higher or lower than something; don't get too technical, just go with your gut.

If price last closed higher than something then you are trading off of daily+ low extremes.

At some point you will be at a daily+ low extreme on a small(er) tf chart. Wait for said chart to close a CC higher than something and just buy.

If a correction is obvious (if you have such powers of prediction) then exit and buy back lower but do not abuse this; twice is more than enough.

As price moves in your favor, switch to a higher TF chart and set an average below a support level for that period.

Attempt to move your trades to the weekly chart, but if the weekly chart did not close higher than something then your highest chart should be a daily chart.

Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 pm

razorboy wrote:Or buy high and keep buying higher..........

all depends if you are playing a trend following or mean reverting system. - most people don't know the difference.

off the top of my head there are 4 systems that are freely available and have been used by big money traders for years and none of them involve math that is more complicated than a grade 6 level

all you have to piece together what MO is saying in a way that give you a system with a positive mathematical expectancy (involves an entry signal, sizing algo, SL and TP). The best way is to do this off of price action, but you could do it from an indicator, but there is really no reason to, just involves more math. The only math I do is figuring out my position size based on my stop loss.

Or let me guess, most of you are rock stars already turning 20 points a year on your money.......or maybe you are an SLP like Goldman Sachs......

MightyOne wrote:

Even buying high is buying low if the size you are buying at a higher price is small compared to your initial entry size; it is your average entry that matters.

15%? Even at 2:1 leverage we are talking about 750 pips or 62.5 pips per month.
A guy with this sort of track record is mediocre at best...

Compare winners with winners not winners with losers :lol:

I'll show you what it means to be a god :wink:

lukx

Postby lukx » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:23 pm

I think I will have to start doing drugs ... I'm starting to think you all do it to talk this stuff :)

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:38 pm

For what it is worth

http://www.nobrainertrades.com/2010/06/ ... rader.html

MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

Even buying high is buying low if the size you are buying at a higher price is small compared to your initial entry size; it is your average entry that matters.

Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 pm

MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

Ya I would have to make 10% or more a month to make it worth while
in my mind. I kind of think of each month as a trading year. Then 10%
compounded monthly over the course of several months is still decent.
Over 12 months every $1000 makes $2000 profit before taxes. :)

Then again with the stuff MightyOne, es/pip, and Dragon put out there
rates higher than 10% a month are within reach. Doubling your account
every 2 to 4 months for example.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MightyOne wrote:

Ya I would have to make 10% or more a month to make it worth while
in my mind. I kind of think of each month as a trading year. Then 10%
compounded monthly over the course of several months is still decent.
Over 12 months every $1000 makes $2000 profit before taxes. :)

Then again with the stuff MightyOne, es/pip, and Dragon put out there
rates higher than 10% a month are within reach. Doubling your account
every 2 to 4 months for example.

My only argument was over a person making 15% a year being called a trading god.

I wasn't saying that 15% a year is a bad rate of return...

Return to “TheRumpledOne”