Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:54 am

Bredin, look! Logo looking good!

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:17 pm

thepark wrote:Hi Newark, all Blind Mouse Traders and MO

I am dedicated to learning the methods in this thread and I have some questions. I have tried scalping but it is not for me. I have followed all the other threads that MO have posted in and has yet to apply the wisdom that he has imparted. lol. If any pros here can offer some advice that would be perfect.

What I am doing so far:

1) When I trade I have the Monthly, Weekly, Daily and H4 up. I am looking to enter on the H4 with Weekly color most of the time or sometimes with D1 color.

2) Look for direction on the H4 with momo candles and which areas the candles are wicking and not closing over.

Q1) Am I on the right track?

Q2) with the blind mouse strategy if im trading H4 candles and i trade with the CC color, which would be H12 in the chart below (short), is that two small of a TF color to be following or should i continue to go with the weekly

Q3) what am i looking for specifically to go into the trade?

in the chart below im at a monthly high highlighted in green, my CC color is red for both EUR/USD and GBP/uSD. both criteria are met. Is this where i go short with a rat entry? I noticed a momo wasnt required for MO to enter in to trades with the blind mouse in his previous pictures.

edit: it goes Monthly, Weekly, Daily, H4. Top row is GBP/USD. Bottom is EUR/USD. thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you all. Trading is tough for me. But there is no going back. I have to get this!!

(Putting on concrete shoes and preparing to swim...)

The point of this (uihm) is to enter as close to a D+ extreme as possible with price failing to close over your line in the sand then scaling in with your profit buffer and exiting after a big CC closes.

A1: If you look at guys entries most are entering on 5/15 minute tfs in order to make the stop as tight as possible, and thus maximise profits without increasing risk.

A2: I dont follow you....

A3: A D+ Extreme, A line that price doesnt want to close over.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:If this is not due for a correction, then I dunno what is.

Your account must be raining cheddah :shock: :lol:

It's rainin' cheddah, hallelujah!
It's rainin' cheddah, Amen!

Well, it's raining pips but not money yet. It took a long time to get it through my thick skull but I think finally some information is seeping in. Thanks for your patience MO.

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:20 pm

newark,

wohoo! a return to insanity!

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Insane to the membrane...

I can see why you wanted me to change the logo. Looks so much better.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 pm

I am dedicated to learning the methods in this thread and I have some questions. I have tried scalping but it is not for me. I have followed all the other threads that MO have posted in and has yet to apply the wisdom that he has imparted. lol. If any pros here can offer some advice that would be perfect.

What I am doing so far:

1) When I trade I have the Monthly, Weekly, Daily and H4 up. I am looking to enter on the H4 with Weekly color most of the time or sometimes with D1 color.

2) Look for direction on the H4 with momo candles and which areas the candles are wicking and not closing over.

Q2) with the blind mouse strategy if im trading H4 candles and i trade with the CC color, which would be H12 in the chart below (short), is that two small of a TF color to be following or should i continue to go with the weekly

in the chart below im at a monthly high highlighted in green, my CC color is red for both EUR/USD and GBP/uSD. both criteria are met. Is this where i go short with a rat entry? I noticed a momo wasnt required for MO to enter in to trades with the blind mouse in his previous pictures.

edit: it goes Monthly, Weekly, Daily, H4. Top row is GBP/USD. Bottom is EUR/USD. thanks

Thank you all. Trading is tough for me. But there is no going back. I have to get this!!

1. Price closed over a line on a high TF chart (DWMY)

2. Trade off of the high TF Wick Doll

3. Using a CC of no less than 1/8 the high TF, price closes over a line.

4. Enter with a small position size

5. If long, find support and move your average price below it.

6. Switch to larger and larger charts and move your average price below the S&R of that TF.

7. The moment you wish to exit, place a limit order at the high extreme.

Some Rules of Thumb:

a. If you cannot count a three waves then price has further to go.

b. Price will move AT LEAST 2/3 the weekly median range of the last 3 weekly candles from the highest or lowest price.

c. If price closes over something then price is heading in that direction.

d. There is no resistance until it is created by price closing lower than something.

e. There can only be one highest high or lowest low but many higher highs and lower lows. It is difficult to pick the EXACT top or bottom so that should tell you to exit on extremes.

f. Body size is the magnitude of progress, if great progress has been made then exit at the extreme.

To get an idea of what you should be doing, you should flip over to a high TF chart.

Look for an extreme that you wish you had been short from.

See price close over a line in that TF.

Now ask yourself how you would have created the largest possible position during the move.

Repeat on several chart and higher + higher TFs

IF YOU CANNOT DO IT IN RETROSPECT (an believe me I have seen some of you guys FAIL even in RETRO :lol: ) THEN YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF DOING IT IN REAL TIME.

Good Luck :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 pm

There is simplicity in truth :shock:

thepark

Postby thepark » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:14 am

MightyOne wrote:

What I am doing so far:

1. Price closed over a line on a high TF chart (DWMY)

2. Trade off of the high TF Wick Doll

3. Using a CC of no less than 1/8 the high TF, price closes over a line.

4. Enter with a small position size

5. If long, find support and move your average price below it.

6. Switch to larger and larger charts and move your average price below the S&R of that TF.

7. The moment you wish to exit, place a limit order at the high extreme.

Some Rules of Thumb:

a. If you cannot count a three waves then price has further to go.

b. Price will move AT LEAST 2/3 the weekly median range of the last 3 weekly candles from the highest or lowest price.

c. If price closes over something then price is heading in that direction.

d. There is no resistance until it is created by price closing lower than something.

e. There can only be one highest high or lowest low but many higher highs and lower lows. It is difficult to pick the EXACT top or bottom so that should tell you to exit on extremes.

f. Body size is the magnitude of progress, if great progress has been made then exit at the extreme.

To get an idea of what you should be doing, you should flip over to a high TF chart.

Look for an extreme that you wish you had been short from.

See price close over a line in that TF.

Now ask yourself how you would have created the largest possible position during the move.

Repeat on several chart and higher + higher TFs

IF YOU CANNOT DO IT IN RETROSPECT (an believe me I have seen some of you guys FAIL even in RETRO :lol: ) THEN YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF DOING IT IN REAL TIME.

Good Luck :wink:

Thanks for your reply and your patience MO. Sorry If i ask stupid questions. I am very mechanical but i've read all the threads and I'm trying to have some core rule of thumbs while being flexible. That being said, I'm trying to understand some core directional rules for the BM or just trading for that matter.

1.2) Price closed over a line on a high TF chart (DWMY)
Trade off of the high TF Wick Doll

Q: Am I using price closing over a line on high TF for direction? For example, the weekly is currently "closing" over a line im thinking long, while the D1 has closed below the body, but not the wick of the previous D1 im thinking short? So this is based on how high of a TF you want to go?

From what i understand I can be trading off the daily low, long, based on weekly closing above a line, using D1 wicks in the direction of loss and CC color bullish

OR based on a D1 closing below the body I can be trading short off the extreme with wick doll

3) Using a CC of no less than 1/8 the high TF, price closes over a line.

Using a lower CC TF for confirmation when bodies show the way?

5.6) If long, find support and move your average price below it.
Switch to larger and larger charts and move your average price below the S&R of that TF.

Say for example I am long with 1U on the momo candle then non momo, after the non momo adding 1U at an appropriate place will move the average price below the non momo/wicks in direction of loss.

7) The moment you wish to exit, place a limit order at the high extreme.

smaller TF extreme?

Rule of Thumb

a) what is a three waves?

b) 2/3 of the candle with the median range for example, last 3 candle range, 10 pip, 20 pip, 30 pip. 2/3 of 20

d) There is no resistance until it is created by price closing lower than something.

Should I be thinking that something as for example the previous candle wick?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:42 pm

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Return to “TheRumpledOne”