Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:I am missing something about my trading strategy. I don't what it is yet but I am very inconsistent. I can catch big moves sometimes but I also get stopped out a lot. So I am trying to choose between a lower SL or a much bigger one. Very frustrating to say the least.

If you scale in then you do not need a stop loss.

I could have 92% losses, not use a SL, and still make a fat profit.

The scaling in concept has been talked about before. Assuming that I have 10K in my account. I want to risk 4.5% so that is $450 total risk in dollars. What would my initial entry amount and SL be? $5 per pip and 90 SL? And scale in as it passes certain S&R lines? Or should I be thinking a smaller entry amount?

Your example where you could have 92% losses is predicated on holding your trades for long periods of time. I don't know if I am determine LT directionality.

Anyway, here are two attempts to short at a FC.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm

newark18 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:I am missing something about my trading strategy. I don't what it is yet but I am very inconsistent. I can catch big moves sometimes but I also get stopped out a lot. So I am trying to choose between a lower SL or a much bigger one. Very frustrating to say the least.

The scaling in concept has been talked about before. Assuming that I have 10K in my account. I want to risk 4.5% so that is $450 total risk in dollars. What would my initial entry amount and SL be? $5 per pip and 90 SL? And scale in as it passes certain S&R lines? Or should I be thinking a smaller entry amount?

Your example where you could have 92% losses is predicated on holding your trades for long periods of time. I don't know if I am determine LT directionality.

You short term traders give me the most trouble :lol:

$10,000 account:

Entry 1: Sell 50,000c (~90 pip pincushion)
Entry 2: Sell 50,000c (~45 pip pincushion)
Entry 3: Sell 100,000c (You should have a large profit cushion)

Max loss is 4.5%

Once you are in position you make 5% per 25 pips...which is freaking insane as you could make 90% in a week (sextillions)

Entry 3 is for long term traders!

If you are not going to stick around awhile then don't even think about it.

You should be able to see why I tell you to trade based on daily+ PA.

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

$10,000 account:

Max loss is 4.5%

Once you are in position you make 5% per 25 pips...which is freaking insane as you could make 90% in a week (sextillions)

MO would you recomend this Money Management with Mighty Zone too?

JUAN

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm

MightyOne wrote:
newark18 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

$10,000 account:

Max loss is 4.5%

I've been doing that and I will tell you that it hasn't been working. I don't think my wins are big enough to carry my losses. In other words, my account is draining away into nothingness!!

When you are doing blind mouse using daily+ candles, what time frame do you recommend that we use to indicate the blind mouse? H4? I have been using H1, H3 and H9. H9 is my basis for S&R points and H1 or H3 to indicate blind mouse. And I use M15 or H1 for entry. Again, I've had mixed results. Some great trades followed by a bunch of losers.

Another question: do you have a bias when trading this strategy? In other words, if you see the marketing trending up, do you only trade in that direction or do you always trade when there is a blind mouse indication?

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Also, can someone clarify daily+ price action? does it mean that I should be looking at blind mouse on daily+ TFs? Or does it mean something else?

spa

Postby spa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm

newark18 wrote:Also, can someone clarify daily+ price action? does it mean that I should be looking at blind mouse on daily+ TFs? Or does it mean something else?

think it's the Do What Matter ... makes a lot of sense considering that once you built the position the returns are humongous, i think we're pretty far from graduating to that level as of yet.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm

spa wrote:
newark18 wrote:Also, can someone clarify daily+ price action? does it mean that I should be looking at blind mouse on daily+ TFs? Or does it mean something else?

think it's the Do What Matter ... makes a lot of sense considering that once you built the position the returns are humongous, i think we're pretty far from graduating to that level as of yet.

I didn't quite understand what DWMY meant. When MO speaks of PA (in the context of blind mouse), do he mean PA around S&R lines or momo and such?

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:17 am

Can someone comment on my trade? I wanted to short it due to all that previous red momo but also reach what I think is a FCSR. Am I seeing things right? Thanks

spa

Postby spa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 am

MightyOne wrote:
spa wrote:
JESGPY wrote:MO. or some who has grasped this concept.

Is this chart correct?

Thanks

JUAN

my 1h chart, CC is 3h and the white lines represent the CC extreme(fat cat) .. the starting point of the CC is different for each white line(use your imagination to shift it)

looking for the CC extreme, wait for the next CC to close beyond extreme and a failure to continue on the 2nd CC...hope that makes sense

price basicly bounced from the lows in this chart, considering the average on the way down how would you have played it when it moved higher?

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 am

pablo101 wrote:Can someone comment on my trade? I wanted to short it due to all that previous red momo but also reach what I think is a FCSR. Am I seeing things right? Thanks

First thing I saw was the big green bar on the left....

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”