Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Sat May 29, 2010 7:33 am

Welcome mob.

These 3 different timeframes on your chart look interesting and handsome. May I ask the name of the indicator ? Thanks.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

mob

Postby mob » Sat May 29, 2010 7:44 am

sure, here you go - http://www.metatrader.pipware.com/mini-charts.html
Please don't forget to install font inside the archive, otherwise it does not work.... Took me a while to figure out - lol
Last edited by mob on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Sat May 29, 2010 9:19 am

mob wrote:sure, here you go - http://www.metatrader.pipware.com/mini-charts.html
Please don't forget to install font inside the archive, otherwise it does not work.... Took me a while to figure out - lol

Heh, thank you very much mob. I appreciate it!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 29, 2010 1:42 pm

mob wrote:This is my first post (real) post here - apologies if I am wordy.....

First of all I would like to thank TRO for his excellent coding and trading insights that got me started to get my feet wet with Forex.... I initially had a lot of problems to understand anything as I started reading his concepts with rat trade rev 9 and then 8..... As I did not get "it" and didn't want to be a Yaley, I spent the last three months to read (and then re-read) all the major threads on this excellent forum..... I copy / pasted all post / charts I found important into (meanwhile) huge word documents which I refer to regularly. It took me a very long time to see (think ?neural adaptation issues) but I am very slowly getting there?..

Next I would like to thank MO for his generous sharing of "next level" concepts... though I realize that I am still months away of understanding the intricacies of his imparted knowledge & experience.... but then again, I am in this for the longer term....

I also would like to thank es/pip, dragon33, prochargemopar and all the others too numerous to mention here that share their knowledge and daily experiences here - this is certainly one of the most generous and genuine places on the internet!

I normally trade Asian Session, UK & US opening, G/J, G/U and E/U (depending on volatility), using either "my" system as per attached image (a dumb-down version of MO's CC layout) or the "no indicator, ZL only" system championed by es/pip and dragon (thanks again for spoon feeding me!). I normally manage 100+ pips a day (demo!!) but managed to blow out one demo account (swore to myself that this wouldn't happen again). Main issue for time being for me is to recognize / handle fast breakouts against any present holding (and those are very frequent in the last 3-4 weeks)....... Anyways:

MO:
Based on yesterday's action on G/J I finally decided to leave my lurker corner and ask for your guidance on two questions:

1. First Sem3 came about yesterday 02:30 EST. Despite sitting in front of the screen, I am never able to immediately enter when Sem appears. For sake of argument, let's say I entered within 20 pips below that Sem3 (abt 133.210). Next Sem3 appeared 04:45 at 133.220.

I can not get a handle on S/L (I either have to set huge S/Ls (I usually work with less than 15 pips) or get stopped out 3-4 times with a total drawdown up to 60 pips) How do you suggest I (we) handle the drawdown, which is significant in this scenario?

I did end up riding it down for 150+ pips though ? so roughly 90 net

2. How to you decide starting point of custom candle? I usually place start at 2nd last Sem3 with 3 periods on M15. Does it matter where start of CC is placed as long as it is placed significantly away in tf used?

Again, thanks to all of you for sharing!

Usually when I see that much text my brain shuts off and I wake up in a puddle of my own drool :lol:

I don't use stops.

None of my friends use stops.

Stops are for people who want to get stopped out :shock:

The question is not how many pips you are willing to lose but how much money.

So let us say that you have $1,000 and are grudgingly willing to lose $45 on this trade. Your mind is made up, either you are going to take a :shock: profit or take a loss.

Your first trade you sell 5,000c leaving you with a 90 pip pincushion.

If the technical picture changes then you exit for a smaller loss :P

Let us say that a CC closes in your direction & that your average entry will make for good S&R.

Your second trade you sell 5,000c leaving you with a profit cushion & another 45 pips beyond that if need be.

After price moves a [s]good[/s] :shock: distance from your average entry then you sell 10,000c.

Notice that no small price spike is going to take you out of the market, you are in it to win it.

The object is to lose as little as possible while making as much as possible:

1. Enter with small orders when it is more likely that price will make a higher high (price is near the high).

2. Place averages above S&R after price closes in your direction.

3. Push with another wave of orders.

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

6. Place a limit order on the lowest low &/or lowest close.

7. Accept that you may give it all back :(

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

2. Combine the previous 3 candles for CC.

3. Consider the CC of the previous 6 candles.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm

MightyOne wrote:

First of all I would like to thank TRO for his excellent coding and trading insights that got me started to get my feet wet with Forex.... I initially had a lot of problems to understand anything as I started reading his concepts with rat trade rev 9 and then 8..... As I did not get "it" and didn't want to be a Yaley, I spent the last three months to read (and then re-read) all the major threads on this excellent forum..... I copy / pasted all post / charts I found important into (meanwhile) huge word documents which I refer to regularly. It took me a very long time to see (think ?neural adaptation issues) but I am very slowly getting there?..

Next I would like to thank MO for his generous sharing of "next level" concepts... though I realize that I am still months away of understanding the intricacies of his imparted knowledge & experience.... but then again, I am in this for the longer term....

I also would like to thank es/pip, dragon33, prochargemopar and all the others too numerous to mention here that share their knowledge and daily experiences here - this is certainly one of the most generous and genuine places on the internet!

I normally trade Asian Session, UK & US opening, G/J, G/U and E/U (depending on volatility), using either "my" system as per attached image (a dumb-down version of MO's CC layout) or the "no indicator, ZL only" system championed by es/pip and dragon (thanks again for spoon feeding me!). I normally manage 100+ pips a day (demo!!) but managed to blow out one demo account (swore to myself that this wouldn't happen again). Main issue for time being for me is to recognize / handle fast breakouts against any present holding (and those are very frequent in the last 3-4 weeks)....... Anyways:

MO:
Based on yesterday's action on G/J I finally decided to leave my lurker corner and ask for your guidance on two questions:

1. First Sem3 came about yesterday 02:30 EST. Despite sitting in front of the screen, I am never able to immediately enter when Sem appears. For sake of argument, let's say I entered within 20 pips below that Sem3 (abt 133.210). Next Sem3 appeared 04:45 at 133.220.

I can not get a handle on S/L (I either have to set huge S/Ls (I usually work with less than 15 pips) or get stopped out 3-4 times with a total drawdown up to 60 pips) How do you suggest I (we) handle the drawdown, which is significant in this scenario?

2. How to you decide starting point of custom candle? I usually place start at 2nd last Sem3 with 3 periods on M15. Does it matter where start of CC is placed as long as it is placed significantly away in tf used?

Usually when I see that much text my brain shuts off and I wake up in a puddle of my own drool :lol:

I don't use stops.

So let us say that you have $1,000 and are grudgingly willing to lose $45 on this trade. Your mind is made up, either you are going to take a :shock: profit or take a loss.

Let us say that a CC closes in your direction & that your average entry will make for good S&R.

Your second trade you sell 5,000c leaving you with a profit cushion & another 45 pips beyond that if need be.

After price moves a [s]good[/s] :shock: distance from your average entry then you sell 10,000c.

Notice that no small price spike is going to take you out of the market, you are in it to win it.

1. Enter with small orders when it is more likely that price will make a higher high (price is near the high).

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

Hey MightyOne or anyone what does 5000c stand for?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 29, 2010 2:04 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MO:

I don't use stops.

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

5,000c = 5,000 currency.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MO:

I don't use stops.

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

5,000c = 5,000 currency.

Ok I wasn't sure about the "c"

so $1000 = $5000 for 5:1 leverage got it. :wink:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 30, 2010 4:26 am

mob

Postby mob » Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MO:

I don't use stops.

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

Mo, thanks for your reply & apologies for make your head spin, will be less wordy in future!

To be honest, I get the CC explanation but I do not understand most of the rest (my problem, not yours!), but like to ask for one clarification - your steps 1 to 7 assume a move from an extreme low upwards, whereas my example is based on a downward move from an extreme high, right?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 30, 2010 5:13 am

mob wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

MO:

I don't use stops.

5. WAIT PATIENTLY

Drawing CC's is easy:

1. Look for a Rat.

Mo, thanks for your reply & apologies for make your head spin, will be less wordy in future!

To be honest, I get the CC explanation but I do not understand most of the rest (my problem, not yours!), but like to ask for one clarification - your steps 1 to 7 assume a move from an extreme low upwards, whereas my example is based on a downward move from an extreme high, right?

1-7 is based on a downward move from the high extreme.

Maybe a picture will help you grasp the idea:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”