Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 am

MightyOne wrote:"...Its like MO says High TF Zlines are the STRONG ONES" -Jalarupa

What you and others may not understand is that the "strength" of the higher TF lines is that price can move a greater number of pips beyond the line while maintaining the expectation that price shouldn't close beyond it before the end of the period.

Monthly S&R DOES NOT[U] mean that price is better protected from moving beyond it!
Quite the opposite, it means that price can move say 370 or even 500 pips beyond the line as long as it is back home by 12:00 :wink:

I completely understand what you mean :) as everyone has different monthly candles that they are basing their analysis off of... so the lines are different for everyone... You see it a lot on even the intra day chart, where price will *novice check* and the CC will close just before the line... so yeah I guess its always best to air on the side of caution... ;-)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 am

MightyOne wrote:
cfabian wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Yeah that sounds really good...

Or you can use your full 2% pegged at a 50 pip stop loss risk... Enter off the high TF extreme (like you did)...

And keep adding 2% in your next trade and then 2x2% in your follow up trades... just as long as your average in tact, and if price goes close to your average (like in touching it) start think of deleveraging or taking a smaller profit... or Breakeven... Don't even think about taking the heat because you will be over extended according to your risk/reward ratio.

You will easily do 25% on your account if you can get these three orders out and price moves 100 pips in your favor.

You can even then begin to aggressively scalp 20-30 pips here and there...

In your current EU position you could have gone large on the leverage during last nites pullback... and liquidated those positions at the crash zone... without fear of taking too much heat or any at all for that matter...

I reckon when you so far into profit like you are, you can lay out some (proportionally leveraged trades) ie if you using 2% / 4 (per individual position) then you must use that same ratio times 4 or 5 (or how ever many you want) - x5 usually leave your Line far enough away from current PA. Try to not overpower your profit margin too much though... I hope this makes sense... That's why try to get that initial low risk 2% or 1.5% (at 50 -100 pips SL) out there quick and then keep adding... add like ya life depended on it... don't just sit back and get dumbstruck by the fact that your ccount is getting bigger... trade the mo'fo... (thats what I do... I watch with joy and forget that I am on the job...) when I look again it may be too late and I'll have to try again next session or next day...

btw... if you not comfortable with this... your way seems very valid and probably better in more volatile markets... but if you get a bounce off a prominent Fib line on a high TF then by all means GIVE IT HORNS! cuz you know where its going to go... ;-)

If the fundamentals match the technicals like the way they have been the past three weeks then you would be foolish not to tear the market a new one...

Jalarupa,
When is a good moment to add positions? Wait for a pull back say on H1, and when breaking that retrace add positions so the avg is above/below the pullback's extreme?

Also, in order for this to work properly, a trending market is needed. I find it harder to find a daily trending than H4 or H1. What TF is the one you base your trend on?

Thanks

You do not need a trending market...

What you need is to ask yourself how you can live without a trending market.

The clue of the day is: COPY & PASTE

- "What you need is to ask yourself how you can live without a trending market."

Personally, I guess not... hence why I stay away from the USDCAD (I think I'm afraid of it... :? )

But yeah I see TRO taking it apart every so often with the RAT method, so I guess there's some opportunity to be had there... I just need to change my preconceived ideas and hopefully I can too...

Looking forward to hearing more MO

scheeco

Postby scheeco » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:40 am

Closed my EU trade this morning...learned some valuable experience with averaging in, as I did average in far to late and had that feeling of a fork scraping around the insides of my throat for a while.

Anyways back to watching the weeklies and the dailies.
Not quite as good as Jala as I only added about 12% to my account, but if anything , evidence again of just how powerful averaging in can be.

poltergeist

short or long

Postby poltergeist » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 pm

I have problems with such situations like below.
Price is near its monthly low and on H1 there is H3 momo bar and I would short when price touches higher blue rectangle.

And on the other hand I see fat cat S&R and I would go long on the bounce of the lower blue area.

What do you usually do with such situations?

Last edited by poltergeist on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poltergeist

Postby poltergeist » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

or maybe should I consider better as S&R previous wick??

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:57 am

"The clue of the day is: COPY & PASTE "

Was that a clue to not needing a trending market?

Is that a computer analogy like how you copy and paste things with a computer?
Life is just a journey

scratty

Re: short or long

Postby scratty » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:13 am

What you should do? If you are not shure?! => Nothing!

poltergeist wrote:I have problems with such situations like below.
Price is near its monthly low and on H1 there is H3 momo bar and I would short when price touches higher blue rectangle.

And on the other hand I see fat cat S&R and I would go long on the bounce of the lower blue area.

What do you usually do with such situations?

Lose professionally!

poltergeist

Re: short or long

Postby poltergeist » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 am

scratty,
and that's what I did! But the question was - what you usually do when encounter such situtions? :)

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 am

Manta wrote:Hehe, I like this "Caterpillar" charting. You should start to post more ideas and charts again, MO!

I like your puzzle posts...

Cheers

Manta

Thanks Manta :D

I always slow down at the end of the year and prepare for the next...
but I'll try to be more active :wink:

-I was going to mark this chart up, but I thought that you might want to have a go at it:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:01 am

PebbleTrader wrote:"The clue of the day is: COPY & PASTE "

Was that a clue to not needing a trending market?

Is that a computer analogy like how you copy and paste things with a computer?

Yes :lol:

It is simply a matter of resizing when you are right and resizing when you are wrong.

You can increase the power as profits roll in and then water it down and shape a longer term position or you can do anything your heart desires.

Capturing a move, resizing, and grafting it onto the next trade/period/chart is copy and paste.

Rat Example w/ 10 SL

Return to “TheRumpledOne”