Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Jala

yeah the whole VSA is way over the top and im not giving up my hard earnt price action skills. Im just taking basic principles like ID buying and selling based on volume, Paths of least resistance etc and applying it to my what i know about price action. Im keeping it simple.

Im not sure at moment if its something im going to keep long term. But i am fascinated by the volume and extra detail its giving me to underlying forces and speed which it allows me tell whats happening.

But i totally agree what you say about seen suppy and demand and how the price interacts with these areas via a standard candle stick chart.

But my approach with this volume stuff
1) keep it simple and take basic principles from VSA. (not interest in all the patterns VSA has)
2) Apply it to my price action.
3) Does it add or subtract anything from analysis.

Just using 2 basic principles from VSA, my experience so far is im pretty impressed i must say. Let you know how i get on with it and my conculsions.
I will post my research here things i discover along the way.

BB
Jalarupa wrote:I have a mate who trades the patented VSA method and he's making good money using it (Well he better, they pay enough for that system of theirs)... I just hate talking markets with him, because all I hear is volume this and volume that... doesn't compute...

I played around with the better volume indi and even placed it on a PNF chart and got some interesting but mixed results...

From what I can remmeber in our conversations together is he looks for big moves backed up by low volume or periods of extended low volume after a large volume period and he says it shows him where the pro's are loading up and off loading...

But you can see that on a candle chart I keep telling him... :lol
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Soo much going at moment forgot about ranges here figure as of 19.11.13

seen ranges dropping on 4hr and 1hr

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 am

Seen some poeple mentioning Fear on threads. A while go i had problem with fear while trading. I tried all sorts things to beat it. Until i find this video and realisation all Professionals feel some level of fear and its how you react to it is the key. Its some thing that never goes away so you best learn to live with it otherwise it will cripple your trading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6bcGkI0QE

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm

You often hear traders talk about trading without emotions, that's BS, the only time you don't have emotions is when you are dead!

The key is to keep it manageable and not high stress. Like in the above chart, we actually get increased (optimum/peak) performance with a little bit of "arousal".
Life is just a journey

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Image

I was watching this Youtube clip last night and it really resonated with me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRY5voovVo

;-)
:smt065

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Nice video BTW.

I have often said that you should be able to trade a paper account the same way you would trade a real live account.

I think there is a lot of similarity to free solo rock climbing:
Free Solo Rock Climbing

If you are a good and experienced climber, you should be able to climb up 1000 feet without a rope for protection. What's the difference? The only difference is mindset and being able to still perform despite the fear of falling.

What's the difference between paper trading and live trading? The data is the same, the only difference is a change in mindset.
Life is just a journey

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:32 pm

bettlebox wrote:Seen some poeple mentioning Fear on threads. A while go i had problem with fear while trading. I tried all sorts things to beat it. Until i find this video and realisation all Professionals feel some level of fear and its how you react to it is the key. Its some thing that never goes away so you best learn to live with it otherwise it will cripple your trading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6bcGkI0QE

Very good !! =D>
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks great comments and videos.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Pay Attention

Really fun video with trading take aways.
Life is just a journey

Return to “TheRumpledOne”