Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 pm

copy of my trade plan for my future reference.

3 Times frame:
:arrow: 4hr for bias (Trading away from 4hr Order Zone,zline, mightyzone what ever you want to call it, 12 EMA and TRO Price Turn Principle)
:arrow: 1hr MoMomentum - away from 1hr Order Zone,zline, mightyzone what ever you want to call it.
:arrow: 15min entry (Using the cross above cross below as you showed me)
:idea: (lower than 15mins will not be included until i happy this plan is working).
:!: (1hr chart is used but at very specific times for price transistions flat spots on 4hr)

Countertrends: based off 4 levels of confluence:
:arrow: 4hr Order Zone,zline, mightyzone (what ever you want to call it) - Based on Supply and Demand,1day and 1 week keylevels.
:arrow: TRO Price Turn Principle (if in range).
:arrow: EMA over extension.
:arrow: 15min Price Action.

Indicators im using:-
:arrow: 3 ZZ-Semafor.
:arrow: Tro Clock.
:arrow: 1 single EMA.
:arrow: Metatraders built in alarm.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm

well i wrote my own trade journal in excel, i notice there was some you could buy. They like 127 bucks im not paying that so i started writing my own :D.

Its work in progress, it calculates win loss ratios, takes orders you put in and updates net/gross profit, cumulative proft and risk amount. It also tracks your progress via equity curve chart.

Its not password protect so feel free to make changes what ever you want.

BB
Attachments
Trade Journal V01.xls
Excel 2003
(47 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

At moment im trade 15min zlines from higher frame bias. I will continue do this on one index ie EU but what im going attempt to do on another index is to build up a position from 15min zline to run full lenght of a 4hr swing.

From 4hr semafor to 4hr semafor.

Index - AU
Plan: continue to play 15min zlines on as i have this week on EU. But i will also wait for potential new 4hr swing to start on AU with view of holding it to its full lenght from 15min zline entry. I WILL ONLY TAKE TRADE IF ITS THE FIRST TESTED 1hr ZLINE OFF THE 4hr SWING POINT.

Goal: is to have Longer term trades running on several indexes at once, while i trade on lower timeframes on lowest pip spread indexes.

Alarms: once im in a trade i will use 4hr semafor builtin alarm to alert me when opposite semafor appears. This way i dont need to check on it ever so often.

This is my first attempt and trading longer timeframe swings. I will record results here.

BB

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Nice :)

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Great Job! BB
I like it!
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Ok made some more updates on journal today its getting pretty cool :D. I input some sample data too so can see how it works.

VERSION 02 file is attached.

Attachments
Trade Journal V02.xls
Excel 2003
(52 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 pm

I've a thing I knocked up years ago in Access that you can have a go with if you want - it's quite slow as there's a lot of calcs going on in the tables as it tracks average win lose rates and realised r:r over time which is a bitch to do in a database and it also links to a spreadsheet for initial calculations, it also lets you put screenshots in. It's set up for UK spread betting so works on a ?/pip basis, not with lots. Not sure if it still works or if it's broke but if you want it you can have it. It needs work/adaptation. Personally after al lthat time building the thing I never used it :lol:

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi News,

Access out my depth of knowledge.

BB

newscalper wrote:I've a thing I knocked up years ago in Access that you can have a go with if you want - it's quite slow as there's a lot of calcs going on in the tables as it tracks average win lose rates and realised r:r over time which is a bitch to do in a database and it also links to a spreadsheet for initial calculations, it also lets you put screenshots in. It's set up for UK spread betting so works on a ?/pip basis, not with lots. Not sure if it still works or if it's broke but if you want it you can have it. It needs work/adaptation. Personally after al lthat time building the thing I never used it :lol:

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:50 pm

This final version of trade journal. Any changes will be minor but im not planning making any more changes at moment.

It now has 2 x 9 totally user costumisable fields, just stick what ever codes you like in and the fields,it will automatically work out number of occurences, Profit & Loss and average for both Wins and losses trades.

I have put "test" and "test2" entries in custom tables to show how it works.

Attachments
Trade Journal Final.xls
Excel 2003 - Trade Journal Final
(62.5 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I think if im going to catch bigger movements im going to need pay bit more attention to price turns Like in the attached pictures.

4hr

15min

BB

Return to “TheRumpledOne”