Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey guys! :D

Thought id dump in and give my version of the short EU today.
I singled my 3xcc so i could show what i felt was most important.

I saw price hitting the weekly high area and made a close below on the 3hour. Space in place and off we go. Have a great weekend all :D
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 pm

woops..
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi MO

in picture are you fading your position ie number of lots decreasing?

I m currently playing the minimum size i can possible. So either im in market or out market and its killing me leaving them extra pips on the table.

I m with broker at moment that doesnt have lot sizes the poistion sizes are in money vaule so for example 1 dollar a pip is smallest, increasing in dollar increments. I do plan change broker when i get bit more money, for time being i got to work with what i got.

can you offer any advice mo?

lets say i have 1000 dollars and average stop loss ranges between 4 to 18 pips.

Thanks in advance
BB

MightyOne wrote:Image
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 am

bettlebox wrote: I learnt some new stuff, This all Sam Seidens concepts i just wanted to point that out i wanted to put here to up date my log and my learning path. BB

Here is a nice summation, of the path I think you may have been taking, when making these recent posts.

http://www.acegazette.com/en/resources/ ... y-mel.html
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:38 am

Thanks Humble

i wish i knew about that before i started on sam stuff :lol:. Its good in way i didnt. Putting it together in my mind helped me to understand the concepts.

But Sam stuff fits in so perfectly with what TRO,Mightyone talk about. And sam style fits my personality it has given me a deeper insight into price movement and how and why price moves.

I can see orderzone, and recently realised (lasted 3 days) that the best orderzones are at the extremes and the other minor zone,in between the extremes, would make points of interest in regard to watching price stalling or continuing. Also possible to set those minor areas as Take profit targets. So many options :).

BB

Humble wrote:
bettlebox wrote: I learnt some new stuff, This all Sam Seidens concepts i just wanted to point that out i wanted to put here to up date my log and my learning path. BB

Here is a nice summation, of the path I think you may have been taking, when making these recent posts.

http://www.acegazette.com/en/resources/ ... y-mel.html
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Bettlebox,

If you have $1000 and your risk is 1% then you are risking $10.

The question then becomes how much space you will have at your
smallest position size of 3 lots & the answer is $10 / 0.3 or 33.3 pips.

But what if price is 20 pips from the extreme? Can I trade 4 lots for the same 1% risk? To do this: (3 / 4) - 1 = 25% retracement from the 3 lot position, so at the 25 ret you can trade 4 lots at 1% risk!

Lets check:
(3/4) * 33.3333 = 24.9999
0.4 * 24.9999 = $9.99 or 1% risk!

Can I trade 9 lots for 1% risk!?
(3/9) - 1 = 66.6% retracement
If price is at or beyond the 66.6 ret then I can trade 9 lots for 1% risk.

Recap: using the fibo tool, size your space to your smallest lot size and use the retracements (+ %$ in descript.) to show you how many lots you
can own at or beyond x% ret.

Now lest talk about placing stops and taking profit:

As a rule, you do not reduce your position size by more than you are willing to increase it ( see -2, +3, -2, +4 or 9 lots, 7, 10, 8, 12...accumulation).

Think about where you would place a PARTIAL STOP and STOP price from
going there by TAKING partial PROFIT before that price is reached; you do the same thing when considering your cat. stop.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks MO

that makes sense.

BB

MightyOne wrote:Bettlebox,

If you have $1000 and your risk is 1% then you are risking $10.

The question then becomes how much space you will have at your
smallest position size of 3 lots & the answer is $10 / 0.3 or 33.3 pips.

But what if price is 20 pips from the extreme? Can I trade 4 lots for the same 1% risk? To do this: (3 / 4) - 1 = 25% retracement from the 3 lot position, so at the 25 ret you can trade 4 lots at 1% risk!

Lets check:
(3/4) * 33.3333 = 24.9999
0.4 * 24.9999 = $9.99 or 1% risk!

Can I trade 9 lots for 1% risk!?
(3/9) - 1 = 66.6% retracement
If price is at or beyond the 66.6 ret then I can trade 9 lots for 1% risk.

Recap: using the fibo tool, size your space to your smallest lot size and use the retracements (+ %$ in descript.) to show you how many lots you
can own at or beyond x% ret.

Now lest talk about placing stops and taking profit:

As a rule, you do not reduce your position size by more than you are willing to increase it ( see -2, +3, -2, +4 or 9 lots, 7, 10, 8, 12...accumulation).

Think about where you would place a PARTIAL STOP and STOP price from
going there by TAKING partial PROFIT before that price is reached; you do the same thing when considering your cat. stop.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 am

Here's today's trade

Now this is where I always come to grief - do I take profit in this TF - currently up 55 pips or so, with demand level on this tf approaching ( 2 actually) or, as I entered on this tf but from a higher tf supply level, do I try to hold for more?

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm

what i do is note the demand levels that price will cross on the short position in this case, on higher timeframes (the yellow circles in the picture).

As price hits these levels im looking for my reverse entry setup (so if im short , i know if im in demand level and i get setup to go long. I dont want to be short anymore).

Simple.

BB

newscalper wrote:Here's today's trade

Now this is where I always come to grief - do I take profit in this TF - currently up 55 pips or so, with demand level on this tf approaching ( 2 actually) or, as I entered on this tf but from a higher tf supply level, do I try to hold for more?
Attachments
up.jpg
eu today
up.jpg (97.21 KiB) Viewed 3320 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”