Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 am

I had review of my log progress so far. I have come along way and learnt a great deal.

Why keeping alog is important, is that people with more exprience than self tell you things that you forget or you don't fully grasp at time. Also While your learning it is so important to re-read the threads because as you gain exprience you develop and can discern more detail in comments. You can't just read a thread once, you have read, develop, re-read, develop, re-read....etc keep going until your re-reads don't reveal anything new.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60866#60866
I can now see more into MO comments here about 15min extended bars and price stall. Looking at chart now i can see this all over place.

BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

loggerjim

Postby loggerjim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:34 pm

BB

100% agree with you. I pore over Kreslik threads and try to glean knowledge from the pros. I also find myself staring at charts, ALL THE TIME. Like the semi-retired forex trader that lives near me says, "Screen time is important".
Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 pm

"Screen time is important".

For some it will be, for some it won't.

One could spend their entire life sitting in front of live charts and learn nothing! :shock:

Those who devote the most hours to not screen time but "deliberate practice" will excel. It's activity that's explicitly intended to improve performance, that reaches for objectives just beyond one's level of competence, provides feedback on results and involves high levels of repetition.

For example: Simply hitting a bucket of balls is not deliberate practice, which is why most golfers don't get better. Hitting an eight-iron 300 times with a goal of leaving the ball within 20 feet of the pin 80 percent of the time, continually observing results and making appropriate adjustments, and doing that for hours every day - that's deliberate practice!
Life is just a journey

loggerjim

Postby loggerjim » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 am

PebbleTrader wrote:

One could spend their entire life sitting in front of live charts and learn nothing! :shock:

Those who devote the most hours to not screen time but "deliberate practice" will excel. It's activity that's explicitly intended to improve performance, that reaches for objectives just beyond one's level of competence, provides feedback on results and involves high levels of repetition.

For example: Simply hitting a bucket of balls is not deliberate practice, which is why most golfers don't get better. Hitting an eight-iron 300 times with a goal of leaving the ball within 20 feet of the pin 80 percent of the time, continually observing results and making appropriate adjustments, and doing that for hours every day - that's deliberate practice!
Wise words, most honorable PebbleTrader. Like the old term "Perfect practice makes perfect"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 am

PebbleTrader wrote:

Yeah! You gotta pull the trigger baby! 8)

Its no good to just watch... when you see that opportunity reach for the BUY Button! Then s**t gets real real, real fast... ;-)

loggerjim

4 hour chart trade

Postby loggerjim » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Tried out an overnight trade on a 4 hour chart.
Attachments
Jan27trade.PNG
Jan27trade.PNG (45.07 KiB) Viewed 3989 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Just wanted to say life has backed me into a financial corner to point were i can no longer trade. Until i can resolve this situation i cant trade with level emotional detachment required. Im in danger of blowing my account up.

Up to this point what i have learnt and with chart time i know it works 100%. This what makes it all the harder to step away. Im not giving up , i will be back when my financial conidition is more stable.

BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Too bad to hear that, I hope that their problems are resolved soon.
Good luck

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Guys i just wanted to share last thing i learnt but didn't have time to write it up. Its bit rough but idea is sound. Thank you Dragon, TRO and MO. I see it.

Things arent stable in my life at moment. But i will try to answer any questions. Hopefully the pictures explain it all.

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

PAGE 3

PAGE 4

PAGE 5

PAGE 6

PAGE 7

BB

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:12 pm

It just goes to show - you just can't keep a good man down :)

welcome back mate

In answer to your last Q. I would either expand my space at just above the previous lowest low [that includes wicks] (as I know price has no problem getting there - I have seen it).

From an extreme I would look left for longer term Demand and play level to level contracting my space wherever Support becomes Resistance. Let price show you the way.

edited for clarity - I am seldom clear
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Return to “TheRumpledOne”