Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 pm

This is my trade screen, have 4hr window and 15mins window.

I also use the 4hr window for daily chart analysis.

When i post screen shots its always with 15min Window.

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm

:shock:
Attachments
mowork7.gif
mowork7.gif (41.56 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Ah, the lesson of Zero Line...
can't say that we didn't warn them :lol:

dojirock wrote::shock:

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Video for Bettlebox!

A bit random post but I thought you would like it :D
Life is just a journey

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

**message deleted**
Last edited by bettlebox on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am

umm outsmart myself ..shouldnt be too hard lol.

through that youtube link i found this site that emails you everyday for 21 days until you form a habit. If i make myself more accountable to myself,might help to break this habit.

http://habitforge.com/

Thanks Pebble its helpful.

PebbleTrader wrote:Video for Bettlebox!

A bit random post but I thought you would like it :D

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 am

Cool,

I'll have to try that auto email site you shared.

What I usually do is make it public to help create accountability. With my trading I'll usually send an email to my family. I trust them with whatever content is within the message and family works better for me than strangers in terms of making myself accountable for some action.

I actually just ended up getting that book that was associated with the video. I didn't realize it was a trailer for a book til the end and looked at the blog associated with the book and was impressed. Skimmed the table of contents for the book and it looks like a fun read.

I love those psycho books.
Life is just a journey

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 am

ok heres my habitforge. You can keep track my progress.
Its on day by day bases. So if i make 2 trades in one day and ones is right entry and second one i hesitate. I will mark the day as Thumbs Down. All the entries on the day have to be right to get a Thumbs Up.

71% is my target.

http://habitforge.com/cheers/1/shared?shared_u=70528

BB

pp2

Postby pp2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 am

BB and tyger,

Ok, I get what you are showing me, thank you

though I felt overall everything was going majorly short so I was just confused why longing since I think you're not scalper?

but it's interesting how everyone see the charts differently :wink: :lol:

EDIT: think I stick all comments on this post since I don't want to clog this nice thread

BB, pulling the trigger is/was also a crux in my trading too. You suggested visualization before, I'm doing this --- find a past HTF chart that was very clear showing major direction that worked out well. Then visually see taking the long or short on the smaller TF "with" the higher time frame in mind, kinda like conditioning yourself to "just do it" with the added confidence of the HTF in the background. I have an alarm going off hourly and I spend no more than 10-20 secs just running charts in my head. Actually, I visualizing everything not just trading and it's great for motivation too. :lol:

Having said all that, I guess it would be easier psychologically with MO space MM so no need to concentrate every individual 15 min candle. If you can crack it ... :) :) :)

Doji, nice 3CC chart! Looks very clear :)

Pebble, nice youtube vid ... yep I need all the help I can get here, COD is so additive! ;)
Last edited by pp2 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 am

Hi PP2,

Im not a scalper your right. But i was seeing that price wasnt ready to go down yet at London opening time. I was looking at 4hr this could blow through yesterdays high. So i will buy based off momentum increasing on lower timeframe. So by time it hits yesterday high i will be good position to hold for possible breakout.

guiding principle was " Momentum always starts build at lowest time frame first"

I agree 4hr was saying short,what i look for on every 4hr swing i like to see 1hr momo off the swing point. And price moving away from it.

In this case we had 4hr swing point with 1hr MoMo but price was trapped inside 1hr momo, and it wasn't moving away. More evidence price wasnt ready to go down just yet. If you combine that with all evidence on 15min chart it was pretty clear were price was going.

Of course i tried to play Break out based of strong momentum, instead of have nice 25+ pip cushion to cover me on the breakout attempt i just had my own cash backing it up. rest you know.

Screwed up my entry and got upset and lost it.

Entries are pain the butt, visualisation helps ,i feel need to measure performance see your progress. That will help too, so when you get feeling its not working or screw up you look at past performance. Instead just a feeling.

Its not so bad looking for 15min momo, i cheat. I use Blubbb_DoubleAlert indicator , set it to alertM15 to true and set the MinFactorWicking to zero.
This way and audio alert is sounded as soon as potential 15Min MoMo is formed. Never miss one :).

im waffling now :D/

BB

pp2 wrote:BB and tyger,

Ok, I get what you are showing me, thank you

though I felt overall everything was going majorly short so I was just confused why longing since I think you're not scalper?

but it's interesting how everyone see the charts differently :wink: :lol:
Last edited by bettlebox on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”