Aliassmith Psychology 101 and other stuff

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm

"Brain thinks of many things while watching charts."

It sure does m8 ;)
I took the long on GJ at 133.56 that u showed :)
Hope u took your profit !! :smt027

P.S nice trade newschool lol :)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Braathen wrote:"Brain thinks of many things while watching charts."

It sure does m8 ;)
I took the long on GJ at 133.56 that u showed :)
Hope u took your profit !! :smt027

P.S nice trade newschool lol :)

Ya I took my profit.

Looks like GBP/JPY had a tough range also yesterday during US session.
Probably would have lost some skin on either pair. :roll:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:48 pm

I saw opertunity in this time i must say.. not super pips but still a decent trade ;)

"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Braathen wrote:I saw opertunity in this time i must say.. not super pips but still a decent trade ;)

Ya I see that now on the M15 it is clear. I wasn't actually watching it live,
I was focused on EUR/USD. Here was my best trade yesterday.
Cut a few losses so was down :shock:
Attachments
aliasjuly9.gif
aliasjuly9.gif (19.73 KiB) Viewed 3133 times

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Ive been thinking about this for a while alias and its hard tbh..
Ive kicked all those thoughts outa my head and can hardly remember them lol... Heres a quirky emotional demon though..
The "If someone just told me the last thing im missing i got it!" syndrome.. ive been there myself..
waiting for the next MO (or whoever) post thats gonna give u the gold.. insecurity is the demon imo..
this will affect your trading if u are crazy enough like me to trade live when u havnt got a clue it will cost u money ;).
Insecurity of any kind in your life can affect your trading.. u must be a confident person..
u must believe in your own capabilities.. if not to trade then to learn to trade..
insecurity leads to fear.. fear leads to anger.. anger leads to suffering lol (yoda requotes are bad i know!)..
How to kick insecurity? deep down each person knows how to tackle there problem.. if something is wrong with you u know..
but will you do what it takes to change? ive personally faced this many times.. and im stilling facing it to this day..
i know weed is bad for me.. but am i willing to change? we all gotta mentally right down our problems.. solve them..
new ones will apear.. solve them.. you are your own master (to a certain degree lol) and ofc nothing happens overnight..
hmm.. another classic mumbo jumbo braathen clearing his mind post.. and im might be mixing some stuff together but as u may
have noticed i right these things off the tip of my mind.. and alot goes on in there ...
MO-

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Braathen wrote:Ive been thinking about this for a while alias and its hard tbh..
Ive kicked all those thoughts outa my head and can hardly remember them lol... Heres a quirky emotional demon though..
The "If someone just told me the last thing im missing i got it!" syndrome.. ive been there myself..
waiting for the next MO (or whoever) post thats gonna give u the gold.. insecurity is the demon imo..
this will affect your trading if u are crazy enough like me to trade live when u havnt got a clue it will cost u money ;).
Insecurity of any kind in your life can affect your trading.. u must be a confident person..
u must believe in your own capabilities.. if not to trade then to learn to trade..
insecurity leads to fear.. fear leads to anger.. anger leads to suffering lol (yoda requotes are bad i know!)..
How to kick insecurity? deep down each person knows how to tackle there problem.. if something is wrong with you u know..
but will you do what it takes to change? ive personally faced this many times.. and im stilling facing it to this day..
i know weed is bad for me.. but am i willing to change? we all gotta mentally right down our problems.. solve them..
new ones will apear.. solve them.. you are your own master (to a certain degree lol) and ofc nothing happens overnight..
hmm.. another classic mumbo jumbo braathen clearing his mind post.. and im might be mixing some stuff together but as u may
have noticed i right these things off the tip of my mind.. and alot goes on in there ...

emotions and the mental aspect of trading is what trading is. It makes up 90-95% of the entire deal.

i know a lot of good traders, a couple of great ones and i have yet to meet anyone that never has any emotional issues that arise from time to time.

just recently i went through a spell of questioning what i was doing. Started changing things, then went of on a tangent of trying to "figure out the market", needless to say it was a waste of time. Before i started changing things i was still making ok returns i was just in a slump and not doing what i had been doing. So, then enters the thoughts of what if i do this and that, change this and try that.

I came back to price either closes over a line or it doesn't.

why?

because it works really well 8)
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 pm

es/pip wrote:
Braathen wrote:Ive been thinking about this for a while alias and its hard tbh..

emotions and the mental aspect of trading is what trading is. It makes up 90-95% of the entire deal.

i know a lot of good traders, a couple of great ones and i have yet to meet anyone that never has any emotional issues that arise from time to time.

just recently i went through a spell of questioning what i was doing. Started changing things, then went of on a tangent of trying to "figure out the market", needless to say it was a waste of time. Before i started changing things i was still making ok returns i was just in a slump and not doing what i had been doing. So, then enters the thoughts of what if i do this and that, change this and try that.

why?

Welcome back bud! Guess you needed time to figure out "YOU" are your
own worst enemy. You don't have to make 100% a day to be good. :D

BDP&WDL
and/or
price either closes over a line or it doesn't

AND Braathen thanks for your contributions. I am sure people will see
what you wrote and think about it.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 pm

ES/PIP! good to see u man.. u using CC's yet m8? (this wouldnt be a huge change tbh.. its still price closing beyond a line)

No worries alias.. ill try leave some more thoughts later.. if it can help anyone im all for it.
MO-

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:35 pm

es/pip good to see you back, as it has been quite awhile. Missed seeing your charts. Hope all is well.

es/pip wrote:

why?

Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:49 pm

@ Alias

yeah tell me about it, like 20-30% a week isnt good enough. mental mind field, the mind is a powerful little thing

@ Braathen

still not using CC---- in a way i do in my mind but when i put them on the chart for some reason it blocks out the way i look at the PA---

@ gfg1

i will post some stuff going forward, probably not too much scalping stuff, just too much work to mark up the charts.

I will post some other longer term trades m15 and up
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”