Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Leoheart » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I do sometimes think I need a twin, one who can turn off the scalper's brain.

That trade from yesterday just kept on truckin' and is sitting at the moment on 1:7 RR. (18 pip stop).

Interesting...

EA15-minDeadHorseOn A LongDistanceRunShowing1to7RR.png

I am all ears and accept the challenge, but it'd have to be off daily and weekly charts in the monthly direction with 20 pips stops. 'What'd u say'?
Last edited by Leoheart on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:37 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I do sometimes think I need a twin, one who can turn off the scalper's brain.

That trade from yesterday just kept on truckin' and is sitting at the moment on 1:7 RR. (18 pip stop).

Interesting...

Its just easier being what you are an do the damn thing. :D

I do find 10R to 30R on occasion with the dead horse and a 5 pips SL or less. They are harder to corral tho.

Agreed. I know that I'm never going to change...and I say that weirdly as someone who used to run Daily/Weekly/Monthly charts back in the day.

I do reckon I could do it if I was baby-sitting it. In fact I had a dry run at the idea end of day today, down on the 1-min. Not letting a single entry run, as such - but aggressively adding in at every candle open (with bias in favour). Sure does do the trick but not for those of a nervous disposition, I guess.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Interesting...

I do find 10R to 30R on occasion with the dead horse and a 5 pips SL or less. They are harder to corral tho.

Agreed. I know that I'm never going to change...and I say that weirdly as someone who used to run Daily/Weekly/Monthly charts back in the day.

I do reckon I could do it if I was baby-sitting it. In fact I had a dry run at the idea end of day today, down on the 1-min. Not letting a single entry run, as such - but aggressively adding in at every candle open (with bias in favour). Sure does do the trick but not for those of a nervous disposition, I guess.

Many times I find myself reflecting on specializing with a method vs doing to much. A surgeon is a surgeon but a specializing heart surgeon makes a lot more money.

I know there are many shiny things out there to distract.
On the other hand you should have the tools to trade the market conditions. It helps to be able to work in ranging and trending conditions it helps to be able to adjust to market range size.

I am blabing on so basically you are a 1R high probability trader; a 10R lower probability trader, or you have a method that trails SL to create something in-between. Its difficult to do it all well.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Many times I find myself reflecting on specializing with a method vs doing to much. A surgeon is a surgeon but a specializing heart surgeon makes a lot more money.

On the other hand you should have the tools to trade the market conditions. It helps to be able to work in ranging and trending conditions it helps to be able to adjust to market range size.

I am blabing on so basically you are a 1R high probability trader; a 10R lower probability trader, or you have a method that trails SL to create something in-between. Its difficult to do it all well.

I get you. The one thing to take from it, however, the one thing that keeps it from being Jack-of-all-Trades, is the fact that no matter which one of those mind sets I happen to be in, the actual methods, the entries and techniques, are all the exact same. That's no doubt why they ALL work.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm

It's why you may 90% of the time eat grass-fed, Japanese-raised prime beef patties...but once in a blue moon, a Mickey-D's will do just fine! :)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:It's why you may 90% of the time eat grass-fed, Japanese-raised prime beef patties...but once in a blue moon, a Mickey-D's will do just fine! :)

I'm on keto so 90% of my diet is beef. I prefer a good Ribeye or PrimeRib. No Royale with cheese for me.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:04 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I get you. The one thing to take from it, however, the one thing that keeps it from being Jack-of-all-Trades, is the fact that no matter which one of those mind sets I happen to be in, the actual methods, the entries and techniques, are all the exact same. That's no doubt why they ALL work.

I left myself a little message from 10 years ago.

Thought I was a long term trader for a little while today. I then
remembered I wasn't and I am a short term trader. Took a profit, but wasted too much time.

22 pips today :roll:

lesson today is remember what kind of trader I am.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:It's why you may 90% of the time eat grass-fed, Japanese-raised prime beef patties...but once in a blue moon, a Mickey-D's will do just fine! :)

I'm on keto so 90% of my diet is beef. I prefer a good Ribeye or PrimeRib. No Royale with cheese for me.

I am back on The Primal diet - which I was on when I was training hard, climbing and placekicking but didn't know that's what it was at the time.

Got away from it after I got into a long term wotsit...as you do. Now back on it and loving it.

Primal, rather than keto as I just like dairy too much ;)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Over time I think as I strive to get the most possible return on capital, I added more and traded longer. Overall I gave my self a full time job some days.

I had a way to make all the money I ever needed but my ego created a challenge or competition to add zeroes and be a perfect trader.

Although I love trading I feel that it might be time to go back to basics. Working with PRO recently made me think I should make my life simple and take my own advice.

Trade 1 currency pair - EURUSD (I get between .4 to .8 pip spreads)

Trade 1 timeframe - I'll look at M1 and M5 for triggers

Make the mathematics/statistics work based on 65% accuracy.

My trade type will be scalping based on micro supply/demand areas which includes zlines and pin bars and market structure.

Take profit will be based on order flow and trying to average better than a 1.25 RRR.

Money Management will be 15 pips equals 1% and be my daily max loss.

A pic from the good ole days when I learned how to scalp in 2010.
Attachments
aliasmar22.gif
aliasmar22.gif (22.13 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

stu

Postby stu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 pm

aliassmith wrote:

Medium-rare fillet for me. Every single bite a juicy slice of beefy heaven.....mmmmmm

Return to “TheRumpledOne”