Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:40 pm

imparare wrote:Overall bias is long for the day, so got out of this one quickly (about BE)

The fib tool, Does it look right? Stop loss is above the previous candle's high? Thanks

lol too quickly #-o

I tend to set my sl based on a higher timeframe, rather than the one I trigger from but other than that, yeah looks fine, though maybe a bit tight still to the bar.

Just don't make it too obvious by putting it where you know everyone else would, basically.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

stu

Postby stu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Took this short on GU M15 (first swing low) - thought that breaking the 1.2500 may have been the start of a run, and the top bar on the subsequent LH suggests it could still be okay, but given the time of day (17:00 London time) I thought I'd be safer taking a couple of pips rather than lose a lot - would you have held and let it run, or closed it out?

EDIT : PA dying completely for the next 2 hrs shows the exit was sensible

GBPUSD.sbM1_20200702_1700_M15.png
GBPUSD.sbM1_20200702_1700_M15.png (12.6 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:40 pm

[quote="stu"]Took this short on GU M15 (first swing low) - thought that breaking the 1.2500 may have been the start of a run, and the top bar on the subsequent LH suggests it could still be okay, but given the time of day (17:00 London time) I thought I'd be safer taking a couple of pips rather than lose a lot - would you have held and let it run, or closed it out?

GBPUSD.sbM1_20200702_1700_M15.png[/quote]

Careful with anything to do with Cable, as you are aware of the date and the coming hols?

4th July coming up.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 pm

If I took Dead Horse for a walk as it stands, I would have had a loss off the Long move, I think.

As it was, I had a Short Bias and so stayed out of that and too the following Long that came. As it turns out, that didn't exactly set the world on fire either...but at least it did get there, eventually.

Entry was 14:00 UK time.

EURAUDM15asShortBiasDeadHorseJustGotTherEntry14.00July2nd2020.png
EURAUDM15asShortBiasDeadHorseJustGotTherEntry14.00July2nd2020.png (64.7 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

stu

Postby stu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:[quote="stu"]Took this short on GU M15 (first swing low) - thought that breaking the 1.2500 may have been the start of a run, and the top bar on the subsequent LH suggests it could still be okay, but given the time of day (17:00 London time) I thought I'd be safer taking a couple of pips rather than lose a lot - would you have held and let it run, or closed it out?

Careful with anything to do with Cable, as you are aware of the date and the coming hols?

4th July coming up.[/quote]

Funny I hadn't actually thought about 4th July - only thing in my head for tomorrow was NFP, but with both those together, maybe I'll enjoy a lie in tomorrow and stay away from the screens

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:24 pm

imparare wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I see you are liking m15 on EA[/quote

Yeah. It seems to me to be the perfect combination of elements, especially if I want to set-and-forget.

The fib tool is purely for stop placement and profit targets? That is way I am seeing it.

I don't understand this a separate indicator or the values Alias point out in therumpledone/aliassmith-beats-a-dead-horse-t8918/page460 inserted into the default mt4 indicator?

I missed this question, sorry. The fib tool is the default mt4 indi set with Alias' inserts.

I am sure someone out there could code a custom one for us?

It does become a bit of a pain if you need to check the standard fib and once you reset it to the needed values, you then have to re-input the Dead Horse set.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 pm

stu wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:[quote="stu"]Took this short on GU M15 (first swing low) - thought that breaking the 1.2500 may have been the start of a run, and the top bar on the subsequent LH suggests it could still be okay, but given the time of day (17:00 London time) I thought I'd be safer taking a couple of pips rather than lose a lot - would you have held and let it run, or closed it out?

4th July coming up.

Funny I hadn't actually thought about 4th July - only thing in my head for tomorrow was NFP, but with both those together, maybe I'll enjoy a lie in tomorrow and stay away from the screens[/quote]

I'll hold off until Tuesday
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
I see you are liking m15 on EA[/quote

Yeah. It seems to me to be the perfect combination of elements, especially if I want to set-and-forget.

The fib tool is purely for stop placement and profit targets? That is way I am seeing it.

I don't understand this a separate indicator or the values Alias point out in therumpledone/aliassmith-beats-a-dead-horse-t8918/page460 inserted into the default mt4 indicator?

I missed this question, sorry. The fib tool is the default mt4 indi set with Alias' inserts.

It does become a bit of a pain if you need to check the standard fib and once you reset it to the needed values, you then have to re-input the Dead Horse set.

I think there is a option to save settings for different types of fibs. Ill have to look.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

imparare

Postby imparare » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 am

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:

I think there is a option to save settings for different types of fibs. Ill have to look.

Thanks buddy, I played around with it earlier and figured it out posted chart in the am today.

imparare

Postby imparare » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 am

Someone is up with this forum, i am being told my posts have to reviewed by moderator before posting. Anyone else experiencing this?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”