free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:56 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
imparare wrote:
All we are saying is, if you are sitting at a open below the previous candles close you have natural midpoint bias in your favor. Its really no different then a full candle bias. Think about it.

Love a good debate.
So using midpoint on the same timeframe didn't give me any value. So that is why I pegged it to the 1 hour candle and used the 5 minute chart.

Agreed. I reckon that's the only way I would use it also.

Been testing the DOTs and although I think they could be used as a BIAS/confluence, I prefer the SMA.
The 1 Hour Bias thing made my brain churn so I changed my SMA to a 12 so it is a 1 hour BIAS based on a M5 chart.
The 20SMA would be a 5 hour Bias on a M15 chart
The 12SMA would be a 3 hour Bias on a M15 Chart so maybe I'll look at the 16SMA on a M15 chart.
MY prediction is that the changes will have minor effects.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

imparare

Postby imparare » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 am

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Love a good debate.
So using midpoint on the same timeframe didn't give me any value. So that is why I pegged it to the 1 hour candle and used the 5 minute chart.

Been testing the DOTs and although I think they could be used as a BIAS/confluence, I prefer the SMA.
The 1 Hour Bias thing made my brain churn so I changed my SMA to a 12 so it is a 1 hour BIAS based on a M5 chart.
The 12SMA would be a 3 hour Bias on a M15 Chart so maybe I'll look at the 16SMA on a M15 chart.

I read somewhere a very long time ago "Nothing beats a 20 MA on a 5min chart", would have to agree & you were a big help here.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am

imparare wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I read somewhere a very long time ago "Nothing beats a 20 MA on a 5min chart", would have to agree & you were a big help here.

You're not wrong there.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Was due to be out all day here today and knew I wouldn't be able to get to the screens and Dead Horse is now my go-to for any Set-and-Forget situations now.

Banged it on early am here and walked away and sure enough, came back to the bag. As you can see, the first touch got it done, though admittedly just but there as enough breathing room in there that even if it hadn't, the trade still would have gone on to win after the pull back.

All good! :D

EURAUDM15asDeadHorseJust-and-no-MoreJuly1st2020.png
EURAUDM15asDeadHorseJust-and-no-MoreJuly1st2020.png (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Was due to be out all day here today and knew I wouldn't be able to get to the screens and Dead Horse is now my go-to for any Set-and-Forget situations now.

Banged it on early am here and walked away and sure enough, came back to the bag. As you can see, the first touch got it done, though admittedly just but there as enough breathing room in there that even if it hadn't, the trade still would have gone on to win after the pull back.

I see you are liking m15 on EA
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Was due to be out all day here today and knew I wouldn't be able to get to the screens and Dead Horse is now my go-to for any Set-and-Forget situations now.

I see you are liking m15 on EA[/quote

Yeah. It seems to me to be the perfect combination of elements, especially if I want to set-and-forget.

imparare

Postby imparare » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I see you are liking m15 on EA[/quote

Yeah. It seems to me to be the perfect combination of elements, especially if I want to set-and-forget.

The fib tool is purely for stop placement and profit targets? That is way I am seeing it.

I don't understand this a separate indicator or the values Alias point out in therumpledone/aliassmith-beats-a-dead-horse-t8918/page460 inserted into the default mt4 indicator?

imparare

Postby imparare » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:14 am

Overall bias is long for the day, so got out of this one quickly (about BE)

The fib tool, Does it look right? Stop loss is above the previous candle's high? Thanks

lol too quickly #-o
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (24.29 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:52 pm

:smt077 :smt023 Hi all ,fyi I've been using some inexpensive alerts on my phone which may fit with the ma crosses you show here .....I've never learned to code ,,I know Alias and others are good at it ......anyway ..Eazy Indicators. Is the site if interested ... :smt023

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:59 pm

dchappy wrote::smt077 :smt023 Hi all ,fyi I've been using some inexpensive alerts on my phone which may fit with the ma crosses you show here .....I've never learned to code ,,I know Alias and others are good at it ......anyway ..Eazy Indicators. Is the site if interested ... :smt023

http://easyindicators.com

Return to “TheRumpledOne”