Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

imparare

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:Took a counter, Market is crawling now . Out +1.

This might go up, or it might not.

It's 02:30 here in the UK. You're not going to see much sense from Cable at that time, lol.

Lol,Right on most days.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

imparare

Postby imparare » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 am

forexjpn wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
forexjpn wrote:
Sorry if I’m misunderstanding you, but the H1 midpoint is above the close (in a downtrend), so that allows for some retrace upward without changing the bias..... and we would enter on the reversal back in the direction of the bias, if it fits the criteria of Aliassmith’s entry.

But then, what's the point? You'd be entering at the close of a RED MOMO candle anyway, which gives an inherent bias.

Not sure I'm getting you, my comment is based on one using the midpoints of the previous hour, so if they are using it as a bias they would enter short if there is an entry pattern below it. It is different from using the direction of the full candle as bias.
If I'm missing something completely obvious forgive me, but I cant figure out how RED MOMO bias would be the same as below midpoint of previous hour?
(not being an ass here, I'm sure you guys know, but its difficult to show it in writing,lol)

All we are saying is, if you are sitting at a open below the previous candles close you have natural midpoint bias in your favor. Its really no different then a full candle bias. Think about it.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 am

imparare wrote:
forexjpn wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
But then, what's the point? You'd be entering at the close of a RED MOMO candle anyway, which gives an inherent bias.

Not sure I'm getting you, my comment is based on one using the midpoints of the previous hour, so if they are using it as a bias they would enter short if there is an entry pattern below it. It is different from using the direction of the full candle as bias.
If I'm missing something completely obvious forgive me, but I cant figure out how RED MOMO bias would be the same as below midpoint of previous hour?
(not being an ass here, I'm sure you guys know, but its difficult to show it in writing,lol)

All we are saying is, if you are sitting at a open below the previous candles close you have natural midpoint bias in your favor. Its really no different then a full candle bias. Think about it.

I think we're all saying pretty much the same thing, just coming at it from different angles.

imparare

Postby imparare » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 am

The 1st short: Aim for +10, out at +6 price was stalling imo.
2nd: Counter, Price stalling at Ma, out at +1 (price shoots up...)

Btw, Going extremely light on these trades for now. Trying to a get feel for these setups , not sure if I'll be this aggressive going at regular size.

Anyone trading the counter fashion? What do you look for? Thanks.
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (24.84 KiB) Viewed 2180 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 am

imparare wrote:The 1st short: Aim for +10, out at +6 price was stalling imo.

Btw, Going extremely light on these trades for now. Trying to a get feel for these setups , not sure if I'll be this aggressive going at regular size.

I don't tend to run counter trades as stand alone entries, no.

I wonder if that would be one situation where the dots would actually genuinely help?

imparare

Postby imparare » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:The 1st short: Aim for +10, out at +6 price was stalling imo.

I don't tend to run counter trades as stand alone entries, no.

I wonder if that would be one situation where the dots would actually genuinely help?

Pondering the same myself yesterday. Possibly as previous midpoint cross. Have to take into account a something things.

As your going up to MP, your already burning the current candles range - Risky. Not really excepting more than a few pips, because at time it may reverse on you. That level may test your wits on many occasions. Doable, but risky is my current stance.

Almost took this one, PA looked wrong so stayed out.
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (28.53 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm

imparare wrote:
forexjpn wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Love a good debate.
So using midpoint on the same timeframe didn't give me any value. So that is why I pegged it to the 1 hour candle and used the 5 minute chart.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

aliassmith wrote:
imparare wrote:
forexjpn wrote:

Love a good debate.
So using midpoint on the same timeframe didn't give me any value. So that is why I pegged it to the 1 hour candle and used the 5 minute chart.

Agreed. I reckon that's the only way I would use it also.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Dead Horse goes to town...and not a dot in sight.

EURAUDM15astoday'sDeadHorse30thJune2020.png
EURAUDM15astoday'sDeadHorse30thJune2020.png (48.83 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Cable performed like a dream...end of month fix got things moving. Not traded my me, so just fyi.

GBPUSDM15asDeadHorseTrotElsewhere30thJune2020.png
GBPUSDM15asDeadHorseTrotElsewhere30thJune2020.png (52.08 KiB) Viewed 2094 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”