Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

imparare

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm

The hardest part for me with this setup is get into a trending market. I feel the market is over extended so I miss the move. Here I missed 2 moves around 12:00 14:00 Uk time.

First I thought for sure there would be retracing up so not looking for short moves.

Second If I would of paid attention to the failure of the MA, would probably taken this one. But maybe subconsciously I felt the market was still over extended so ignored the setup.

Any advise here? Many Thanks.

Btw, I don't trade this setup exactly as Alias does.
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (21.96 KiB) Viewed 1927 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

imparare

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Mustered up the coverage to go short here around 17:00 UK, out at BE

At times its hard to just go with the flow when your brain is programmed to look for reversals.
Attachments
GU.png
GU.png (20.83 KiB) Viewed 1912 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 pm

imparare wrote:The hardest part for me with this setup is get into a trending market. I feel the market is over extended so I miss the move. Here I missed 2 moves around 12:00 14:00 Uk time.

First I thought for sure there would be retracing up so not looking for short moves.

Second If I would of paid attention to the failure of the MA, would probably taken this one. But maybe subconsciously I felt the market was still over extended so ignored the setup.

Any advise here? Many Thanks.

Btw, I don't trade this setup exactly as Alias does.

Reposting this as Edge crashed just as I was about to post up :x :x :x

First of all, it's kind of difficult to help if you say you don't trade this the way we do but don't tell us how you do trade it :P :P :P

Anyway - if I can remember what the hell I said - the first thing I would say is that you are entering way too late. You are chasing price.

You should be looking at getting in on the first or second trigger candle after the colour change.

Yes, they can work - I have taken then myself - but usually with the benefit of some exterior info to give confidence that there is still some oomph left in the move.

You need to look left, zoom out for this as well. Check what levels, if any, are around price. Pivots and even Daily H/L/50% can help here, as can straight fibs.

If you are so inclined, Supply+Demand Zones are a solid help.

Best advice overall, is to get to know your chosen pair inside out and know exactly how it behaves through the day. Does the afternoon session reverse the morning one, for instance. How long are the swings on the time frame(s) you use?

You get the idea.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 pm

imparare wrote:Mustered up the coverage to go short here around 17:00 UK, out at BE

At times its hard to just go with the flow when your brain is programmed to look for reversals.

Are you time-traveller?!?! 17:00 UK time? If that's today, then it's a breakthrough for science and you will be a billionaire by tomorrow morning, lol.

As it's only 16:00 UK just now (16:21 as I post), then I assume you have posted a chart from a different day. If so, you really need to tell us that. Otherwise, us trying to go back and match your set up...well, it just ain't gonna' happen.

imparare

Postby imparare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
imparare wrote:Mustered up the coverage to go short here around 17:00 UK, out at BE

Are you time-traveller?!?! 17:00 UK time? If that's today, then it's a breakthrough for science and you will be a billionaire by tomorrow morning, lol.

As it's only 16:00 UK just now (16:21 as I post), then I assume you have posted a chart from a different day. If so, you really need to tell us that. Otherwise, us trying to go back and match your set up...well, it just ain't gonna' happen.

Lol, Sorry its 10:00 EST, I get confused with my broker time.

As for looking to the left, I hate doing this - gives me a headache I start coming up scenarios and stories that do not exist. I can't see fibs, Supply and Demand, Support Resistance I guess. For me this setup works best when the market his in a range, when it trends strongly it can be tricky. Anyways, Thanks for you advise, will post some more.

For my way you trading, not doing anything special. Just reacting to what price is doing around Alias's setup. Yes definitely delayed need to be quick with exits.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:46 pm

imparare wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Lol, Sorry its 10:00 EST, I get confused with my broker time.

As for looking to the left, I hate doing this - gives me a headache I start coming up scenarios and stories that do not exist. I can't see fibs, Supply and Demand, Support Resistance I guess. For me this setup works best when the market his in a range, when it trends strongly it can be tricky. Anyways, Thanks for you advise, will post some more.

For my way you trading, not doing anything special. Just reacting to what price is doing around Alias's setup. Yes definitely delayed need to be quick with exits.

Fair enough. In that case, if doing anything, I would suggest the previous day's High, Low and 50% levels. Then no need to look left at all :D

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:49 pm

Been snowed running Gold-US and The DAX all day, side-by-side, so really grateful to be able to pretty much set-and-forget Dead Horse.

I hopped on board my usual EA and let it do its thing. It did just that, very nicely indeed and as I was in a kind of generous mood due to being a bit distracted, I managed a rare-for-me 1:2 hit.

EURAUDM15DeadHorsebringsithomeagain29thJune2020.png
EURAUDM15DeadHorsebringsithomeagain29thJune2020.png (50.14 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Once more, Cable would have been a good alternative.

Aussie broker, so time of entry is actually 09:15 UK time.

GBPUSDM15asoncemoreonDeadHorseJune29th2020.png
GBPUSDM15asoncemoreonDeadHorseJune29th2020.png (46.24 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm

I added TRO MID DOT and the candle bias indies together to see if TRO's suggestion of using the mid points as a bias is usable.
Well I set the Dots on a H1 timeframe and the chart is on a M5 timeframe.
Looks like there are opportunities using this setup.
Attachments
GBPUSDM5Midpoint.png
GBPUSDM5Midpoint.png (31.65 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:08 pm

aliassmith wrote:I added TRO MID DOT and the candle bias indies together to see if TRO's suggestion of using the mid points as a bias is usable.
Well I set the Dots on a H1 timeframe and the chart is on a M5 timeframe.
Looks like there are opportunities using this setup.

I did just try it out on the DOW with one contract and pulled 35 points/ticks
$175/contract isn't bad.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”