free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

kiwiarian

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby kiwiarian » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:05 pm

chappy wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:
chappy wrote:Or even simmpler ...Screenshot (2).png

This looks like a straightforward method to backtest as well.
Screenshot 2023-08-12 8.44.08 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-12 8.48.34 AM.png Yes you can backtest ,run all kinds of stats,create robots to demo trade a theory ...or you can just believe what your eyes are seeing.. Im not trying to be snarky..My main focus in my personal trading is to remain as simple as possible .Believe me I have been down the road of analysis paralysis ,and it is an endless and frustrating path.You wont see bars ,levels ,pivots or any of that on my charts . All I care to see is Where is price turning and Where is it ending . Nothing else matters.. :smt023

I guess its trust in finding something that will work for us, we need proof that's why we go down this path lol.
I guess I must be in the analysis paralysis stage in my trading journey, always good to get some back to reality perspective from posts like this.
Looking at that, it seems you could almost go off the MACD only every time it flips over and not need the line chart.
For the current leg/phase's angle, what do you base the angle off, I guess you keep moving it as price moves up and down as well until the macd flips?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

chappy

Postby chappy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:19 pm

Exactly..I don't set/cement the trend line until the MACD is almost crossed ..A fast MA will accomplish the same thing as a trend line .Much like Alias does .Something like a 10 SMA will replicate the trend line .Funny you would mention not using a line or pricebar .When I first started trading in the "Woodies Club " we would only have an indicator on our charts ..no prices at all..It was a worthwhile effort.It taught us that we are trying to catch "waves of movement " ,not just pips/points or $'s..

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:54 am

chappy wrote:Exactly..I don't set/cement the trend line until the MACD is almost crossed ..A fast MA will accomplish the same thing as a trend line .Much like Alias does .Something like a 10 SMA will replicate the trend line .Funny you would mention not using a line or pricebar .When I first started trading in the "Woodies Club " we would only have an indicator on our charts ..no prices at all..It was a worthwhile effort.It taught us that we are trying to catch "waves of movement " ,not just pips/points or $'s..

I noticed that your starting point on some of those lines don't line up with the fractal of the line chart. How do you draw the trend line? Is it really purely using the line chart or just proximity?
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:41 am

chappy wrote:Exactly..I don't set/cement the trend line until the MACD is almost crossed ..A fast MA will accomplish the same thing as a trend line .Much like Alias does .Something like a 10 SMA will replicate the trend line .Funny you would mention not using a line or pricebar .When I first started trading in the "Woodies Club " we would only have an indicator on our charts ..no prices at all..It was a worthwhile effort.It taught us that we are trying to catch "waves of movement " ,not just pips/points or $'s..

OK interesting, I came across not long someone using an MA with a MACD setup which is probably the same thing as your setup then, not sure the settings. I have the 20 MS that Alias uses on my chart and it seems to line up nicely for me on when price crosses over.
With indicators being a form of a modified or average price learning to trade just off something like that may be possible with a bit of creativity it sounds like, nice. Never heard of the "Woodies club", was that a Kreslik thing or something else?

chappy

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:17 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:

I noticed that your starting point on some of those lines don't line up with the fractal of the line chart. How do you draw the trend line? Is it really purely using the line chart or just proximity?

Probably a bit of both..to be honest I dont think about the exact entry that much ..My stop is usually above below the last swing ,so if it looks like the bus is leaving I just jump in ..sometimes too early , but thats alright ..I know where the driver (macd) is going so we will get there eventually...

chappy

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:20 pm

kiwiarian wrote:

OK interesting, I came across not long someone using an MA with a MACD setup which is probably the same thing as your setup then, not sure the settings. I have the 20 MS that Alias uses on my chart and it seems to line up nicely for me on when price crosses over.
With indicators being a form of a modified or average price learning to trade just off something like that may be possible with a bit of creativity it sounds like, nice. Never heard of the "Woodies club", was that a Kreslik thing or something else?

Woodies CCI club ..this was in the mid 90's ..not even sure if it is around anymore .

chappy

Postby chappy » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (252.74 KiB) Viewed 9671 times
this morning trade was also a 1-2-3...

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 pm

chappy wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

Woodies CCI club ..this was in the mid 90's ..not even sure if it is around anymore .

Profitable Loser on twitter's slogan is:

"The move is more valuable than the money" !!
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

chappy

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:18 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
chappy wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:OK interesting, I came across not long someone using an MA with a MACD setup which is probably the same thing as your setup then, not sure the settings. I have the 20 MS that Alias uses on my chart and it seems to line up nicely for me on when price crosses over.

Profitable Loser on twitter's slogan is:

"The move is more valuable than the money" !!

Thats so true..YOU can Win and You can Lose ...But still miss the Move ...
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (160.5 KiB) Viewed 9582 times

Mark Mark

Postby Mark Mark » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:44 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:

Don, if you have not price chart HOW YOY PLACE YOUR STOPLOSS?
Can you explain please?
I am living on this forum :smt024

Return to “TheRumpledOne”