Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:22 am

TygerKrane wrote:Hi alias,
Do you mind if I add on another discussion point to what you already have posted for John S.?

John S. wrote:...it might actually become an open and honest discussion about actual trading.

I am curious about what "actual trading" is b/c I am a candle chart (no indicators) guy, P&F never appealed to me, that Market Profile stuff looks absolutely horrendous, and additionally, in light of how TRO has recently described his own personal view of charts; I would like to know more about what you are saying.

Do not take what I said out of context.

FWIW, I may have discovered a way of using market profile as a directional bias.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:24 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:Hi alias,
Do you mind if I add on another discussion point to what you already have posted for John S.?

John S. wrote:...it might actually become an open and honest discussion about actual trading.

I am curious about what "actual trading" is b/c I am a candle chart (no indicators) guy, P&F never appealed to me, that Market Profile stuff looks absolutely horrendous, and additionally, in light of how TRO has recently described his own personal view of charts; I would like to know more about what you are saying.

Do not take what I said out of context.

FWIW, I may have discovered a way of using market profile as a directional bias.

HI TRO!

I'm interested 8)
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 am

The markets move over 100 pips a day once again =D>

If you are a waypoint trader you could have doubled your account with 4 waypoints of 19%..

How does someone do that?
Get in with low risk add until you are in about 20x your account size and catch about a 100 pip move. Be sure to normalize your risk along the way.

After you do it once recalculate your position size based on the new account size then do it again.

4 successful moves like that and you double your account.

It was possible in the last 2 weeks.

A little MO throwback for you
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:37 pm

I was actually doing the same calculations and noticing the same uptick in volatility recently as well...

4 targets of 19% to double
14 targets of 19% to add a zero to your account

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:26 pm

TygerKrane wrote:I was actually doing the same calculations and noticing the same uptick in volatility recently as well...

Ya sometimes the market cooperates and you can just load the boat and make stupid gains. The markets recently have been like that but you have to be careful with risk management.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:44 pm

aliassmith wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:I was actually doing the same calculations and noticing the same uptick in volatility recently as well...

Ya sometimes the market cooperates and you can just load the boat and make stupid gains. The markets recently have been like that but you have to be careful with risk management.

Position is at a pointy place near a 50% pullback on the daily chart.
I have about 10x leverage pushed into this looking for about 200 pips more.
Attachments
EURUSDM5.03162020.png
EURUSDM5.03162020.png (43.84 KiB) Viewed 3262 times

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:02 pm

aliassmith wrote:

One of my big issues is not taking profit on a good intra-day move b/c I am trying to hold for a multi- day move...
I would probably have ratcheted up my account up decently by now if I took more of those intra-day profits. It's a problem i am working on.

I need to re- read my conversations with MightyOne about trading for targets, I might learn something to help me keep my expectations in check so that i can get more of that money without stupidly giving so much back.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:07 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

One of my big issues is not taking profit on a good intra-day move b/c I am trying to hold for a multi- day move...
I would probably have ratcheted up my account up decently by now if I took more of those intra-day profits. It's a problem i am working on.

I need to re- read my conversations with MightyOne about trading for targets, I might learn something to help me keep my expectations in check so that i can get more of that money without stupidly giving so much back.

If you can get a good position then exit part of your position you'll have some cash flow and a position for the longer move. That's what I have for this EURUSD move.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Position is at a pointy place near a 50% pullback on the daily chart.
I have about 10x leverage pushed into this looking for about 200 pips more.

Good luck on riding that trade for a +20% gain!

I am currently investigating AJ shorts, I am looking to break the lows caused from last week's oil price drop.

Screenshot_20200316-180553_ThinkTrader.jpg
Screenshot_20200316-180553_ThinkTrader.jpg (73.72 KiB) Viewed 3236 times

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:13 pm

aliassmith wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

If you can get a good position then exit part of your position you'll have some cash flow and a position for the longer move. That's what I have for this EURUSD move.

Yeah...
Shed lots and inflate your position...
I need to re-read my conversations b/c as much as I know things like this, I usually prevent myself from following these guidelines.

Thanks for the reminder

Return to “TheRumpledOne”