Moderator: moderators

nonibadsha

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:55 pm

AUDUSD
1R

AUDUSDH1.png
AUDUSDH1.png (69 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:19 pm

USDJPY
1R

Screenshot_20230207_171803_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Screenshot_20230207_171803_MetaTrader 4.jpg (249.63 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:25 pm

GBPUSD
Took a loss.
Around -0.5R

Screenshot_20230207_172715_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Screenshot_20230207_172715_MetaTrader 4.jpg (252.19 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:14 pm

nonibadsha wrote:USDJPY
1R

Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 30 minutes for an intraday chart; and that's only if you're using a daily+ chart as a point of reference.

Most people here should probably by using a 15 minute as their largest intraday chart.

GBPUSD.jpg
GBPUSD.jpg (149.42 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:40 pm

IgazI wrote:
1R

Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 30 minutes for an intraday chart; and that's only if you're using a daily+ chart as a point of reference.

Most people here should probably by using a 15 minute as their largest intraday chart.

GBPUSD.jpg

The truth is I have not used the daily+ chart/s for reference. At least not consciously. You have mentioned this to me before alongside Don, but when I look at the daily+ I feel lost. But that's mainly because I still don't know. Do you feel like taking the comment about me not being an idot back? :lol:

What are the disadvantages of using a H1 chart and the advantages of using 30 and lower?

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:55 pm

nonibadsha wrote:GBPUSD
Took a loss.
Around -0.5R

Screenshot_20230207_172715_MetaTrader 4.jpg

When I cut that trade for a small loss I should have reversed. At the time I thought, nah it's not gona reach for a 1R trade.. looks at it go #-o

Screenshot_20230207_185240_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Screenshot_20230207_185240_MetaTrader 4.jpg (237.23 KiB) Viewed 1088 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 pm

nonibadsha wrote:
IgazI wrote:
1R

GBPUSD.jpg

The truth is I have not used the daily+ chart/s for reference. At least not consciously. You have mentioned this to me before alongside Don, but when I look at the daily+ I feel lost. But that's mainly because I still don't know. Do you feel like taking the comment about me not being an idot back? :lol:

What are the disadvantages of using a H1 chart and the advantages of using 30 and lower?

OPEN PRICE: trade away from open price.

EXTREME: at extreme? trade away from extreme price.

Is price closing higher or lower than 'something'?

Is price in something? what would be price coming out of something?

ASK SIMPLE QUESTIONS => GET SIMPLE ANSWERS

What can be interpreted in no other way? that's what we want to base our analysis on!

why_so_serious.jpg
why_so_serious.jpg (70.34 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:32 pm

nonibadsha wrote:
IgazI wrote:
1R

GBPUSD.jpg

The smaller TF charts give you more opportunities, better entries, smaller SL when you are wrong.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:38 am

nonibadsha wrote:
IgazI wrote:
1R

GBPUSD.jpg

Don't wanna write long coz I'm using phone...

Let's simplify it this way...

Whatever you want to do on the bigger tf, can also be done on the smaller tf. That's the very basic premise.

Now, the advantages:
No long wait for entries, exits.
Small SL could lead to big profit if you drag it onto your big tf target.
No miss opportunities because you operate within a fixed window of time.
Abundant trading opportunities.
And so on...

Disadvantages:
Too fast for some people.
Requires you to sit through the session.
No time to hesitate.
Bigger fees ($0.7 round turn plus 0.2 pips spread are big if you consider a mere 3 pips SL as oppose to 15 pips or 20 pips SL).
Slippage could cause big damage for entries and exits (sl and tp).
edit: Requires a lot of mental stamina (it drains a lot). If you do big tf then the effect of losing streak is diluted over a period of several days (or weeks in case of a very big tf) but a losing streak in 1 trading session is simply too much for the mass. Imagine losing 3x or 5x consecutively during a period of let's say 3 to 4 hours (also depends on the type of trading tactic). This is by far the biggest NO NO for many people.
And more...

I already mentioned that I'm a very aggressive trader and I gaze upon the advantages and bulldozed the disadvantages with my WIL. You could choose to stay in the middle or be concerned more about either the advantage (like me) or about the disadvantages (like the conservatives). If your situation does not allow you to dive into the small tf then you could:

1. Wait until you have time to do it seriously while doing the big tf.
2. Do it only after your day job's done. 1 to 3 hours is more than enough if you're just aiming for anything between 1 to 5R. edit: Do this until you can prove yourself that you can take it to the next level and start doing this full time.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:21 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
nonibadsha wrote:
IgazI wrote:

GBPUSD.jpg

Don't wanna write long coz I'm using phone...

Let's simplify it this way...

Whatever you want to do on the bigger tf, can also be done on the smaller tf. That's the very basic premise.

Now, the advantages:
No long wait for entries, exits.
Small SL could lead to big profit if you drag it onto your big tf target.
No miss opportunities because you operate within a fixed window of time.
Abundant trading opportunities.
And so on...

Disadvantages:
Too fast for some people.
Requires you to sit through the session.
No time to hesitate.
Bigger fees ($0.7 round turn plus 0.2 pips spread are big if you consider a mere 3 pips SL as oppose to 15 pips or 20 pips SL).
Slippage could cause big damage for entries and exits (sl and tp).
edit: Requires a lot of mental stamina (it drains a lot). If you do big tf then the effect of losing streak is diluted over a period of several days (or weeks in case of a very big tf) but a losing streak in 1 trading session is simply too much for the mass. Imagine losing 3x or 5x consecutively during a period of let's say 3 to 4 hours (also depends on the type of trading tactic). This is by far the biggest NO NO for many people.
And more...

I already mentioned that I'm a very aggressive trader and I gaze upon the advantages and bulldozed the disadvantages with my WIL. You could choose to stay in the middle or be concerned more about either the advantage (like me) or about the disadvantages (like the conservatives). If your situation does not allow you to dive into the small tf then you could:

1. Wait until you have time to do it seriously while doing the big tf.
2. Do it only after your day job's done. 1 to 3 hours is more than enough if you're just aiming for anything between 1 to 5R. edit: Do this until you can prove yourself that you can take it to the next level and start doing this full time.

Looking at the threads , people seem to have created something that suits their lifestyle, such as:
A. 1 to 5 min TF scalping using a trigger finger utilised by Deadhorse on 20MA and Dons numerous pattern and indicator suggestion, Tro -Walmal method, flip flops etc
B. 1 to 5 min TF by Pro taking sniper shots at Z lines and other areas of interest when they setup
C. 15 min entrys by DojiRock and Dragon and using 1hr as confirmation for Z Line areas. Mr Hyde uses 4HR and 5 to 15m.
D. Daily which I think Igazi and BambinoFlex use

(Send me an IM if some of those examples are incorrect and I can edit them)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”