Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:49 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Looks like GER30 corrected itself.
It has a .6 spread with no comm.
Thats not bad to me.

With rich uncle or what?

I saw it at zero last week but today it was .6 with mff.
I still traded it a little.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:29 am

Had some decent trading. It took 3 weeks to get 100% and part of that I didn't trade because of holiday and obligations.

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 am

I've been struggling.. The 63% I spoke of last month, is completely the opposite for November. I do get fed up. Cant help but feel, I have wasted so much time, but my other side is saying.. Don't give up.

After having a good October, I thought, ok.. Maybe time to go live. I had an account ready.. Something in the back of my head said, wait. Am I glad I did not go ahead... Would have been another blown account!

Alias.. Is there a post on this thread that outlines your method, the way you are trading today? Or does one need to read from page 1, all the way through?

Do I need a coach?
I think I need a coach..
What kind of trader am I?.. I have no idea
Do I need someone looking from outside the box, to tell me.. aha, you need to trade like this.

Sorry for the shitty, put a downer on everything type of post.. I turned my computer on, sat at my desk and just looked at the charts and had no idea. ](*,)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:37 pm

nonibadsha wrote:I've been struggling.. The 63% I spoke of last month, is completely the opposite for November. I do get fed up. Cant help but feel, I have wasted so much time, but my other side is saying.. Don't give up.

After having a good October, I thought, ok.. Maybe time to go live. I had an account ready.. Something in the back of my head said, wait. Am I glad I did not go ahead... Would have been another blown account!

Alias.. Is there a post on this thread that outlines your method, the way you are trading today? Or does one need to read from page 1, all the way through?

Do I need a coach?
I think I need a coach..
Do I need someone looking from outside the box, to tell me.. aha, you need to trade like this.

Sorry for the shitty, put a downer on everything type of post.. I turned my computer on, sat at my desk and just looked at the charts and had no idea. ](*,)

I would not go back further than a year if you want to learn DEADhorse.
You should really find some videos on Supply and Demand. It is a good foundation for trading

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:22 pm

aliassmith wrote:
You should really find some videos on Supply and Demand. It is a good foundation for trading

What's wrong with the 4 second explanation?

- which 'dot' would you call a breakout?
- something behind that dot is S/D.
- what do you think that 'non breakout' something looks like?

How can someone on YT tell you what YOU see? if you look to other people for answers then you will always be their slave.

wasd.jpg
wasd.jpg (154.82 KiB) Viewed 832 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm

nonibadsha wrote:I've been struggling.. The 63% I spoke of last month, is completely the opposite for November. I do get fed up. Cant help but feel, I have wasted so much time, but my other side is saying.. Don't give up.

Do I need a coach?
I think I need a coach..

Take note of the money management tips in the threads on working out how much each trade will cost you so you keep your risk in check. Somewhere in this thread is a cool technique for using the Fib tool to work out your targets and stop loss. That way you plan your trade.

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:38 pm

IgazI wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

What's wrong with the 4 second explanation?

- which 'dot' would you call a breakout?
- something behind that dot is S/D.
- what do you think that 'non breakout' something looks like?

How can someone on YT tell you what YOU see? if you look to other people for answers then you will always be their slave.

wasd.jpg

Thanks Igazi..

I can clearly see the dots you have marked with arrows as breakouts and the S/D zones drawn after the breakouts. I understand that bit.

"- what do you think that 'non breakout' something looks like?"
Im not sure what you are referring to so, possible 2 answers to the above question

1- I'm assuming the dots are the closes of the candles. In which case a dot or a close with in the range of the previouse candle is not a breakout.

OR

2- The continuous dots higher/lower than the previous dots are "non breakout"

I've pointed a dot on your chart.. Why is that not a breakout?
I see the S/D zones marked but I can't determine what criteria is used to draw them.
Attachments
wasd.png
wasd.png (188.02 KiB) Viewed 771 times

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:27 pm

Do I need a coach?
I think I need a coach..

Self pity is great. It means you realize that there is something wrong. This already separate you from the vast majority who are still in the vicious cycle of loss after loss after loss all the way until Thanos come.

There exists trading strategies that do produce money. Even a simple dual MA of 8EMA & 21EMA works! Nial Fuller is a millionaire trader who have won contests and he uses exactly that. Most (if not all) of his stuff is free. Deadhorse also work and Alias is the proof. Anchor trade, Z line, momo all works and traders in kreslik is the proof.

Why then, do people fail even though they are using the strategy? Here are some possible answer:

1. Modifying before mastering. Yes you must do the strategy according to your personality. However, people modify it too early. Master it first according to the original strategy and after you get the hang of it then modify it to suit you.

2. Your MM is not appropriate. Use the lowest risk first until you really see a result. If you are still in the early phase don't risk too much. 1% per trade is the most common MM but even this is too much if you are still struggling. Blown account will damage your psyche MD create unnecessary trauma and will turn into a huge mental block.

3. Use demo until you really nail it. After that, use a cent account (if available to you). There is a huge difference between demo n real. Gain the experience first as it will help build your confidence. If your confidence is strong enough you will be able to pull extraordinary feats you previously thought not possible for you.

4. Identify what the weaknesses and strength of your strategy. This is what I refer to as WIL (what ifs list). No trading strategy will guarantee your 100% win rate. There will be times for harvest, there will also be times of loss. What will you do if you lose the trade? What will you do after you win? Not them down and follow them. Don't deviate from them.

5. Take a break. Mental holiday is important. During this time, try to really enjoy yourself and do not think about trading at all. Some people took 3 days break, others a week or two. When you come back later you will be like a fresh soul ready to continue your trading journey.

6. Set a goal. Long term one and short term. Yearly goal and quarterly goal. Or 5 year goal and yearly goal. And then take notes of your journey. More like a trading journal. Why you fail how you fail. Some losses are inevitable, some are mistakes on your part. When it's your mistake, try to not repeat it next time. If it's inevitable, let it go.

7. It takes time. Some people are just fast but don't pay attention to them because the focus is you. There is a trader I know of, he has been struggling for the longest time but then suddenly one day he started "printing" money like the FED. No joke. Sometimes "it" just click in your head and everything makes more sense. But he wouldn't get to this level if he quit. This is not uncommon in every field.

Remember that trading is boring because you must execute like a robot and do this day in day out. But boring is good coz it means you are already consistent in making money.

8. Kreslik is damn awesome. Where will you get a close knit community that will help you grow, all provided for free for more than a decade already.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 am

nonibadsha wrote:
Thanks Igazi..

I can clearly see the dots you have marked with arrows as breakouts and the S/D zones drawn after the breakouts. I understand that bit.

"- what do you think that 'non breakout' something looks like?"
Im not sure what you are referring to so, possible 2 answers to the above question

1- I'm assuming the dots are the closes of the candles. In which case a dot or a close with in the range of the previouse candle is not a breakout.

OR

2- The continuous dots higher/lower than the previous dots are "non breakout"

I've pointed a dot on your chart.. Why is that not a breakout?
I see the S/D zones marked but I can't determine what criteria is used to draw them.

OK. so. . .hrmmm. :)
- the dots are indeed closing prices.
- the bars are high-low.
- the color is blue if there is a close above the previous high.
- the color is red if there is a close below the previous low.

There are two ways to find a 'pattern':
1. closing prices accumulate around a tight price level.
2. there is a clear breakout: because there are only patterns and breakouts, the pattern must exist behind the breakout. . .somewhere.

You might notice that a 'clear breakout' has a nice separation from the previous close; this is important because dots that are part of patterns are generally near to either the previous close or the close before the previous close.

Although something might technically be considered a breakout, it might not have the characteristics that we are looking for. . .
for instance, as in the attached picture, we want to be reasonably sure that the breakout has put an end to the previous price leg.

breakout.jpg
breakout.jpg (17.23 KiB) Viewed 663 times

How were these zones drawn? highs and lows, similar, I imagine, to how Alias would draw them. . .
but how I see it and how I draw it is not important:

you will see it and you will draw it how you will, and it will be just fine. . .

when someone throws you a ball you might not catch it firmly the first dozen times, but after a few hundred or thousand times you will make the necessary adjustments.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:45 am

EurUsd
LONG
2 pips SL
4R
Attachments
Screenshot_20221202_024406_MetaTrader 5.jpg
Screenshot_20221202_024406_MetaTrader 5.jpg (96.67 KiB) Viewed 622 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”