Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:46 pm

aliassmith wrote:Trying to trade for 100 pips trade knocked my game off. #-o. It's just not my way. I do get 100+ pips trades on occasion but its not my bread and butter. I think the most I ever made was just over 300 pips twice. Once for 40% return in 3 days and the other was 130% in less than a day.

Its hard to walk by piles of cash in hopes there could be a bigger pile around the corner. Many times there is only a big pile of pooh to step in. :shock:

I posted my screen captures recently because I have seen a lack of belief of what is possible. People come here and say what we do is BS. Others that can't make a single dime because they worry about sextillions instead of $100s and $1000s.

That was my hobby account that I posted from since transitioning to stocks. I'll probably convert back to forex 100% soon and increase my account. Probably no screen captures from that. I definitely prefer forex over stocks and I hope it stays around.

Awesome post. Trade the way you can make money. And I like how you have a hobby account and put that out there for people to know.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

laksh

Postby laksh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:22 pm

aliassmith wrote:
I'll probably convert back to forex 100% soon and increase my account. I definitely prefer forex over stocks and I hope it stays around.

Last November/December, I did a video course by Steve W of "No Brainer trades". In one of video lessons about FX market composition, he mentioned about liquidity aggregator firms.

Below is a link to the lab of one of those LAs. Not sure if it will be of any help to you, may be worth a try to find out? (I haven't looked into these.. hopefully, in future, when my trading progresses to next level :-))

http://www.marketfactory.com/lab/

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:03 am

aliassmith wrote:Trying to trade for 100 pips trade knocked my game off. #-o. It's just not my way. I do get 100+ pips trades on occasion but its not my bread and butter. I think the most I ever made was just over 300 pips twice. Once for 40% return in 3 days and the other was 130% in less than a day.

Its hard to walk by piles of cash in hopes there could be a bigger pile around the corner. Many times there is only a big pile of pooh to step in. :shock:

I posted my screen captures recently because I have seen a lack of belief of what is possible. People come here and say what we do is BS. Others that can't make a single dime because they worry about sextillions instead of $100s and $1000s.

That was my hobby account that I posted from since transitioning to stocks. I'll probably convert back to forex 100% soon and increase my account. Probably no screen captures from that. I definitely prefer forex over stocks and I hope it stays around.

This post made me feel better! I came here to follow up and ask just that, why switch (and ask about how your thinking changes from short to long)? The higher TF stuff always made me think just that. One question I wanted to ask Alias is about a job. I got young kids and I'm the sole breadwinner yada yada, is this something you have done/do around a job? Is it a matter of sitting down at night and banking some pips? Just wondering if you had any thoughts or insight.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Libertarian wrote:

This post made me feel better! I came here to follow up and ask just that, why switch (and ask about how your thinking changes from short to long)? The higher TF stuff always made me think just that. One question I wanted to ask Alias is about a job. I got young kids and I'm the sole breadwinner yada yada, is this something you have done/do around a job? Is it a matter of sitting down at night and banking some pips? Just wondering if you had any thoughts or insight.

The markets are open 24 hours so you will have to make a plan around your schedule.

If you can do high timeframe it would also be helpful.

For me short term trading is about feel while high time frame is more about a plan.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:50 pm

laksh wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I'll probably convert back to forex 100% soon and increase my account. I definitely prefer forex over stocks and I hope it stays around.

Last November/December, I did a video course by Steve W of "No Brainer trades". In one of video lessons about FX market composition, he mentioned about liquidity aggregator firms.

Below is a link to the lab of one of those LAs. Not sure if it will be of any help to you, may be worth a try to find out? (I haven't looked into these.. hopefully, in future, when my trading progresses to next level :-))

http://www.marketfactory.com/lab/

Thx I'll take a look.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:50 am

aliassmith wrote:I posted many wins but all were scalps. Im going to wait and post my next trade that is over 100 pips. I may not be posting a screen shot for awhile. 100 pips or bust!

It happens sometimes.........
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-06-15-22-46-02.png
Screenshot_2016-06-15-22-46-02.png (217.37 KiB) Viewed 2694 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Skill VS. Capitalization

How can you make a living being a trader?

The first step is to be able to actually make a profit. We will assume you can do that to some extent. So what is your skill level? Its how many % you make on average per week or month.

On a weekly/monthly basis you must make some positive return on Your capital. Unless you are capitalized in the millions then you will need to make .5% a week .

I don’t know how much money you want/need so I’ll make Up some numbers for a 6 figure income.

Scenario: Let us say I need a gross gain of $150,000 a year to be comfortable. We will also say that I only trade 48 weeks out of the year.

The skill level will determine the capitalization. If a trader trades For the one year period and never compounds we can look at the following numbers.

Skill level (% gain per week)...Yearly gross gain %....Capitalization (Account size needed rounded up)
.5%.................................24%......................$625k
1%..................................48%.......................$313k
2%..................................96%.......................$157k
3%..................................144%.....................$105k
4%..................................192%.....................$79k
5%..................................240%.....................$63k
10%.................................480%.....................$32k
20.83%.............................1000%....................$15k

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:20 am

aliassmith wrote:Skill VS. Capitalization

The first step is to be able to actually make a profit. We will assume you can do that to some extent. So what is your skill level? Its how many % you make on average per week or month.

On a weekly/monthly basis you must make some positive return on Your capital. Unless you are capitalized in the millions then you will need to make .5% a week .

I don’t know how much money you want/need so I’ll make Up some numbers for a 6 figure income.

Scenario: Let us say I need a gross gain of $150,000 a year to be comfortable. We will also say that I only trade 48 weeks out of the year.

The skill level will determine the capitalization. If a trader trades For the one year period and never compounds we can look at the following numbers.

Skill level (% gain per week)...Yearly gross gain %....Capitalization (Account size needed rounded up)

So with my acct I need to make about 200% a week,
Give or take.
LOL. :-)
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:37 am

prochargedmopar wrote:

Give or take.

I speak from first hand knowledge on this one. You think like that and you will blow your account out faster then you could imangine. I know you were joking.

But pro in all a seriousness. Your account is at what 800. Aim for 1-5% a week for the next month. If you can do that then look at trying for 5-10% a week. Then 10% a week for 4 weeks. If you were successful all 3 months, it wont be about what you made, but what you did mentally. But your account would also be up 65-100% (1,300-1,600). Then with the final 3 months aim for 10-20% a week, 120-240%. By the end of the year your account will easily be between 3,000-6,000. Plus you will have built the mental framework to be profitable and consistent and confident in your ability.

Or you know the other option. Continue the same and 6 months from now we will be having the same convo. I know you can do it pro

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:47 am

prochargedmopar wrote:

Give or take.

Over 18,000% in a year . You are not in the living stage yet, still need to grow.

Your skill level and needs determine the capitalization required. Its a simple idea, but people keep thinking it will pay out like the lottery.

A good trader 20% a month with a $100,000 account will gross $240,000.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”