Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Yirbu

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Yirbu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:55 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
Yirbu wrote:Last weekend something happened in my head. "I don't trade for R. I trade for cash"
It stayed in my head all weekend... "I trade for cash..."
As a new born warrior I started trading this morning (ftmo trial) and soon was very close to my profit target...then disaster struck and I lost 70% of my profits again. (My money management was sound, just every trade went wrong)
A bit annoyed I went for a nap, came back and traded London close.

FTMO 20k.png

My profit curve is the worst I have ever seen but hey...I am happy. :lol:
If I can make these trials easy peasy I am set to go.

R is money. What Alias really meant was cash as in quick, more sure return rather than sacrificing what you already have. Alias also takes sub 1R trades that has better guarantee to get hit rather than bigger R that is less sure to happen.

Talking about risk, anyone who aspires to trade using OTM such as FTMO and the gang must surely use small risk because the rules are centered around the preservation of capital first and then gains second. If I'm gonna do it I would only use 0.3% risk or lower considering my trading style. The market can be very harsh and when it hits your account then you will regret using a bigger risk. The name of the game is getting sure money for as long as you can, put some of the profit into your own real account and then trade it to the max. I think Alias already mentioned this concept somewhere in this thread (or other).

Ah..ok...I didn't get that one indeed. Thx
For me sometimes it's a bit hard to see upfront what the potential of a trade is.
Yesterday there were quite some trades that came back at me. However they did deliver .9R or so.
The next 3 trades I just took +/-.9R instead of waiting for it to come back.

What my takeaway was from Aliases remark was that I shouldn't be to focused on delivering a good R and executing my trade perfectly etc etc that sometimes I forgot to take the money.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:03 am

Jhx wrote:
If you managed to get the goal in 1 day risking only that much, you're way ahead of the curve :shock: . Out of curiosity, what were your trades and the outcomes? Meaning, how many W/L, and how much did you get out of each. Just wondering how you managed to reach the goal with 0.62% per trade :lol: . But really, good job!

I had luck on my side.
First of al I also traded dax and nasdaq. (getting there with just EU would be challenging)
Dax moves a bit like EU just way more volatile.
With my risk profile I knew I had to find an entry before London open. There was a weekend gap that wasn't filled yet.
I took the trade and was lucky. I could have made 9% on that trade but netted 7%

Now after that I had a lot of trades going up, down and back again. It brought my profit back down to +/-3%
I did a total of 39 trades yesterday and only 45% of my trades were profitable as I had a lot of small losses.

Because most of my trades did not run I decided to take less profit (the trades just didn't want to go beyond 1R so I just took .9R)
This brought my % up a bit and to close the day I was lucky again when I traded nas down in a FVG.

In hindsight basically all trades in between were just up and down.
What really made the difference was my first and my last trade. Maybe because I was planning both trades in advance.
Maybe because it was in my head to just take the profit and run.

I am a bit proud of my dax trade:
GER40.cashM5.png
GER40.cashM5.png (189.45 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

My nasdaq trade:
(wasn't able to make the pics smaller)
In this trade price was above yesterday high but it made a LH on the m5. So maybe price was going down? There also were 2 down pushes.
I watched price like a hawk, entered on the m1 and when it was possible added a 2nd position. I would be able to get out at be if price came back. Closed both of them just above 13000 and yesterday's high and my 10% profit was in.
Now my first entry was a leap of fate...I admit. Still the result is what counts.

nasm5FVG.png
nasm5FVG.png (171.92 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Attachments
nasm1.png
nasm1.png (222.63 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:01 pm

And...today I wasn't able to get anything and got a 1R loss
London session was watching wet paint dry so I walked. During the US session I did a couple of trades but not the right ones :(

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:31 pm

Yirbu wrote:And...today I wasn't able to get anything and got a 1R loss
London session was watching wet paint dry so I walked. During the US session I did a couple of trades but not the right ones :(

Were your trades 'wrong' though? Personally I'm really trying to go trade by trade to see if I missed something, but sometimes they just don't work out and that's it :lol: .

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:04 am

aliassmith wrote:I fought and fought today but I wasn't insync with the market. Best I could do was 1.5% then finished at .9%. Better than a red day!

Damn I fought 2 days in a row and managed to net 2%. Today I hit 1% in 10 minutes and shut it down. Maybe I can use some mental heath time. :(

I might trade tomorrow but Im heading to the beach for the next week+. I think between the waves and daiquiris I am going to study every post Don_xyZ made and see if I can adapt it to ThePropTrading account $500,000 @ 1:100 leverage, 80% split.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 am

Jhx wrote:
Yirbu wrote:And...today I wasn't able to get anything and got a 1R loss

Were your trades 'wrong' though? Personally I'm really trying to go trade by trade to see if I missed something, but sometimes they just don't work out and that's it :lol: .

My trades were just fine...they just didn't work out.
there were a couple of nice setups but I wasn't there at that time...

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 am

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I fought and fought today but I wasn't insync with the market. Best I could do was 1.5% then finished at .9%. Better than a red day!

Damn I fought 2 days in a row and managed to net 2%. Today I hit 1% in 10 minutes and shut it down. Maybe I can use some mental heath time. :(

I might trade tomorrow but Im heading to the beach for the next week+. I think between the waves and daiquiris I am going to study every post Don_xyZ made and see if I can adapt it to ThePropTrading account $500,000 @ 1:100 leverage, 80% split.

Daiquiris... sounds good :D

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 am

Yirbu wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Daiquiris... sounds good :D

Yes, yes they do.
Attachments
th-1889184546.jpg
th-1889184546.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 895 times

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:17 am

aliassmith wrote:

I agree, scalping is really draining.

You should be making millions every quarter or two with $500k and do some serious charity for the rest of your life.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I agree, scalping is really draining.

You should be making millions every quarter or two with $500k and do some serious charity for the rest of your life.

So you are saying trading similar to you on "ThePropTrading" account with 1:100 leverage I should be making millions per quarter?

If thats the case you can get two $500k accounts with them as long as you make different trades on them.

I am basically looking for a swing(ish) type of strategy to use with them while scalping/micro swinging with MFF/FTMO. They have the better costs for scalping.

I guess I could always use 1 ThePropTrading $500k account and 1 MFF $300k account and copy the same trades on both. Then still scalp with FTMO $500k.

300% in 3 months would be $2.4 million. Plus my scalping fun $$$.

I don't need all that money but my kids will love me more. :lol:

Would be fun asking for a $2,000,000 payout from a prop company. :mrgreen:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”