free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Don_xyZ

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 7:18 am

dojirock wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I don't risk 10% per trade because I know I can lose 6 trades in a row. Im not a fan of losing half of my account. I will however use various forms of risk gearing.

My strategy is a base strategy with variations. Although I show that DeadHorse often here I have several ways I observe the price action and triggers. I will use S/D along with structure. Plus Im always studying.

So sorry your post was also quoted. It’s directed toward dojirock who has a higher hit rate than yours.

I don’t know how you treat your trading account overall but if you lose 6 times in a row then you are obviously overtrading or forcing your trades. I’ve lost more than that in a day (not taking 10% per trade though) but never that many consecutively. Maybe it has something to do with your sub 1 R trades. Long losing streak is bad, mentally.

This is what i'm working on. In hindsight my kryptonite was always watching the $$$$. I'm a scalper, and spend what I make every month. It is completely a mind over matter that I need to learn to harness. going from 1-5 lots to 20-30 lots, affects my whole trading plan because I have always watched the $$$$$ (echo's of Mo, don't watch the $$$$). I have always wanted to take the money and run or fear sets in and I moved stops when the lots get big despite of my win rate. I am now with the intention in giving up my win rate per say, buy throwing 10% to 15% of it out to put a stop loss in place and set a target and walk away. I slayed the 1st beast and now working on the second beast. I have an idea already of what the third beast is going to be for me, is building my own account.
there are parallels to traders that spend all their trading journey looking at money management and R:R vs entries and setups. They have awesome R:R's but much lower win rates. My focus was always win rates, hence there degree of excellency! :lol: :lol: :lol: now its time to sacrifice some to feed the other and really improve the balance. I don't have expectations of percentages on sl or tp. Only to build them and accumulate. I don't use R:R to dictate my sl or tp, only to see the result from my predefined sl and tp and try to improve on them by improving my entries.

-doji

I'm sure you're aware that Alias also scalp and so do I but we both know when to switch from a scalping mode into holding the position for bigger pips (thus, bigger R).

Fear. I know that all too well. I struggled a lot to conquer my own fear. I believe this multi millionaire scalper is more qualified than me on this topic and he's a scalper too. And like you, he also love stock index (though he prefers CFD than the actual futures market). Dow30 and Nasdaq100 are on his menu. This is a 3 part video, mostly on the psychological side of the game.

https://youtu.be/Mccwh6_Y2WI

I also never fixed my R at a certain multiple. I go with the flow. It's just that sometimes it's easier to say "I got 10 R or 15 R" than typing 50 pips or 150 pips. Traders who uses fixed R like only 2R or 3R usually use big tf but even that I find a waste of effort.
Last edited by Don_xyZ on Wed May 11, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 8:01 am

dojirock wrote:This is helping me build by confidence.
Left side of chart is the win rate %
Top is number of losing trades in a row.

You want to be in the red zone. In this pic Red is good.
There is no 100% or 0%, those are rounded to tenths.
I'm sure Tro is aware of stats like these already.

If you have a success rate of 80% you would have a 32% chance of having 3 losses in a row.
7.2% chance of having 4 losses in a row.
You bet your bottom dollar I will be increasing my lot size for the next trade! A 1.5% of having 5 losses in a row.

Found this very interesting.
Screenshot 2022-05-09 142343.jpg
-doji

Is that stats based on your trading performance?

If you have fear issue, it's better to focus on staring at a profit compounding sheet or you could do both the risk calculation and profit compounding sheets. For sure you know that the mind is capable of doing crazy stuff when you tap into that other side.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 9:07 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
dojirock wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
So sorry your post was also quoted. It’s directed toward dojirock who has a higher hit rate than yours.

I don’t know how you treat your trading account overall but if you lose 6 times in a row then you are obviously overtrading or forcing your trades. I’ve lost more than that in a day (not taking 10% per trade though) but never that many consecutively. Maybe it has something to do with your sub 1 R trades. Long losing streak is bad, mentally.

This is what i'm working on. In hindsight my kryptonite was always watching the $$$$. I'm a scalper, and spend what I make every month. It is completely a mind over matter that I need to learn to harness. going from 1-5 lots to 20-30 lots, affects my whole trading plan because I have always watched the $$$$$ (echo's of Mo, don't watch the $$$$). I have always wanted to take the money and run or fear sets in and I moved stops when the lots get big despite of my win rate. I am now with the intention in giving up my win rate per say, buy throwing 10% to 15% of it out to put a stop loss in place and set a target and walk away. I slayed the 1st beast and now working on the second beast. I have an idea already of what the third beast is going to be for me, is building my own account.
there are parallels to traders that spend all their trading journey looking at money management and R:R vs entries and setups. They have awesome R:R's but much lower win rates. My focus was always win rates, hence there degree of excellency! :lol: :lol: :lol: now its time to sacrifice some to feed the other and really improve the balance. I don't have expectations of percentages on sl or tp. Only to build them and accumulate. I don't use R:R to dictate my sl or tp, only to see the result from my predefined sl and tp and try to improve on them by improving my entries.

-doji

I'm sure aware that Alias also scalp and so do I but we both know when to switch from a scalping mode into holding the position for bigger pips (thus, bigger R).

Fear. I know that all too well. I struggled a lot to conquer my own fear. I believe this multi millionaire scalper is more qualified than me on this topic and he's a scalper too. And like you, he also love stock index (though he prefers CFD than the actual futures market). Dow30 and Nasdaq100 are on his menu. This is a 3 part video, mostly on the psychological side of the game.

https://youtu.be/Mccwh6_Y2WI

I also never fixed my R at a certain multiple. I go with the flow. It's just that sometimes it's easier to say "I got 10 R or 15 R" than typing 50 pips or 150 pips. Traders who uses fixed R like only 2R or 3R usually use big tf but even that I find a waste of effort.

Smaller SL bigger R
Bigger TP bigger R
Bigger Lot size bigger % return

I also prefer the CFD markets because they don't have FIFO or net position aggregate.

I watched the Trader Tom guy. He is an interesting guy.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 pm

EURUSDM1 short OH mY!
I only took 8x #-o
I used the maximum size over 2 pips.
No, I don't have 1:500 leverage

An FTMO example: $400,000 account @1:100 leverage
360 lots and 2 pips SL using "Donated Funds" from earlier 1.8%
$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

Thats how I would gear my risk using gains from earlier.
Attachments
EURUSDM105112022a.png
EURUSDM105112022a.png (34.81 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 2:01 pm

aliassmith wrote:EURUSDM1 short OH mY!
I only took 8x #-o

$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

Nice catch on that drop.

Yes, risk gearing. But no matter how you want to crunch the numbers in prop funding or even in your own account, parlay/risk gearing will always hit its limit; the leverage. At one point, you can no longer open a bigger or additional positions. Can't argue with this because there is really no way around it and that's where Tom excels. He normally is just inches away from that limit far too often. In his terms, he desensitized his psychological alarms like the ones that you have when you're in a fight or flight situation and act like sipping a coffee like any other day. When you really think about it, it's insane right up there with serial killers. No joke.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 2:21 pm

dojirock wrote:Seems like i'm the only one that trades the Asian session.
:)

In terms of efficiency, scalping or even session trading in general is bad when done in the Asian session. The only way I would trade during the Asian session is when I use H1-H4 or H4-D1 combo.

I know I said scalp but I don't really take 1R or even sub 1R trades. Normally it's around 3R up to whatever the market offers. "But that's not scalping!" Yea, genius. I scalp the H1 or the H4 or the D1 or the W1 or the MN tf whichever suit the momentum at that time. The market will dictate whether I will close the position early or hold for more. Why? Coz the market is always right and I still have losses. Alias said it, "that term usage is too deliberate". :)
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 2:37 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
I only took 8x #-o

$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

Nice catch on that drop.

Yes, risk gearing. But no matter how you want to crunch the numbers in prop funding or even in your own account, parlay/risk gearing will always hit its limit; the leverage. At one point, you can no longer open a bigger or additional positions. Can't argue with this because there is really no way around it and that's where Tom excels. He normally is just inches away from that limit far too often. In his terms, he desensitized his psychological alarms like the ones that you have when you're in a fight or flight situation and act like sipping a coffee like any other day. When you really think about it, it's insane right up there with serial killers. No joke.

Almost got knocked out when the spread widened. I blinked twice and it hit my TP

I'm more of a cereal killer during US session.

I watched that Trader Tom. He said he would risk 45% of his $40,000 right out of the gate.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 11, 2022 2:43 pm

I only took 8x #-o

$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

U didn't even let the 1 min candle close. Otherwise beautiful trade.

Either FTMO or MFF won't let you go over 100 lots. Tried to put on a 10 lot trade once and accidentally hit 100, haha.

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Wed May 11, 2022 3:14 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
I only took 8x #-o

$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

Nice catch on that drop.

Almost got knocked out when the spread widened. I blinked twice and it hit my TP

I'm more of a cereal killer during US session.

I watched that Trader Tom. He said he would risk 45% of his $40,000 right out of the gate.

Haha, yes, that 1,000% trade day video. Crazy guy, in a profitable way. That mentality, no matter what kind of leverage you have, will generate millions of dollars.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed May 11, 2022 3:31 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
I only took 8x #-o

$7200 = 1R
$57,600 = 8R = 14%

U didn't even let the 1 min candle close. Otherwise beautiful trade.

Either FTMO or MFF won't let you go over 100 lots. Tried to put on a 10 lot trade once and accidentally hit 100, haha.

What about with multiple clicks?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”