free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cheunt3

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby cheunt3 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:15 pm

aliassmith wrote:GBPUSD. M5 CHART
In at the top line out near the arrow.
Double top, red closes below blue, get wicked in
I could of added but I didnt watch it close enough.
I have to throw some Forex in here :D

Multiple DTs, clear target.

I see you're not using squigglies in your chart. Tro is going to be happy :lol:

Very nice trade alias

alias15112021.png
alias15112021.png (40.84 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:15 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:GBPUSD. M5 CHART
In at the top line out near the arrow.
Double top, red closes below blue, get wicked in
I could of added but I didnt watch it close enough.
I have to throw some Forex in here :D

Multiple DTs, clear target.

I see you're not using squigglies in your chart. Tro is going to be happy :lol:

Very nice trade alias

alias15112021.png

Oh the squiggly is on my chart just not that one. Ill need to remember to post the one with 20 MAs on there. :D give TRO an aneurysm.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:27 pm

IgazI wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Thought I wouldn't post options here anymore :^o

Beyond Meat again was nice.
Got a $87 call when price was at $80ish
Paid $0.68 for the option and exit at $1.30
It went up higher. #-o #-o #-o
Can't complain about a 90% gain to much tho!

Tallying my fake YOLO account we are up to about $13k.
If you are YOLO when does it end?
When do you stop trading all or nothing?
At $30k you could switch to a margin account and be conservative.
You could show how big your "ballz" are and go to $1M
If you really like trading that way every time you hit "X" start overwith $1000 and do it again.

In my conservative account we are up about 49%. That is a good return, but maybe it is better to hit a goal then start over with a small account and YOLO each time. That changes the whole R/R way of thinking.

Turn $500 into $10k
Turn $1000 into $20k
Turn $5000 into $100k

Maybe I taught myself something. Ill have to research this more. It is possible MO mentioned something like this before and I wasn't listening? Sometimes I hate him :mrgreen:

That's the plan: risk 5, 10, 20K (a 'risk box'), YOLO it into real money (totally personal) and then start over with a fresh stack:

if you have 200K then 10k is only 5%; it's not really a true 'YOLO'

Yes at some point its not a true YOLO. Its more about the concept of it with an overall higher return on investment having predetermined entry value (risk box)and exit value, such as 10x or 20x.

In the end I may discover its only semantics.

Lvup7

Postby Lvup7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:49 am

aliassmith wrote:PSA:

There has probably never been a better time in my history to be involved in the financial markets.

*speeads are tighter
*commissions are lower
*volume is high
*volatility is good

Even tho you don't have to pay $100 round trip to get a lean hog contract a high percentage of you out there are not cut out for this business.

That being said. There is such a low barrier of entry these days you can learn for free or little money. Unfortunately this breeds a lot of get rich quick mentalities and grifters.

I believe if you are not on your feet financially then this business will be so much more difficult. I see the desperation in people all the time. They spend money on training and services that was needed to support their household.

These people see the guy wearing a tee shirt on youtube who made $300k from $500 and now they think anyone can do it. Many of those people on youtube are full of crap.

When it comes to forex there is a lot of info out there. You can get demo accounts free forever. You can test your skills on an FTMO demo for free this way you can't lie to yourself.

If you ever get to where you can make 2% or more a month consistently there is 5ers that has a starting package of $250ish and 6 months to meet your first target. They also have a $50ish boot camp you can train on for a year for accountability purposes or maybe you pass it and get $100k account.

There is a new place (Ment Funding) that also starts at $250ish and has unlimited time.

Don't trust me on this, do your own due diligence. Don't jump in the pool with bricks chained to your feet. Don't fall for the rags to riches BS. Come to this with clear thinking and a reality check. If you can't trade a fee demo account you can't trade a $100 account and you can't trade a $1M account

If anyone here has blown an account by risking to much or having poor money management lets hear about it. I have done this. Lack of Patience, Risking to much! Not planning for a Black Swan situation. How about desperation? EGO? Trying to be as good as MO? Not being realistic about your downside risk or just ignorant about it. How about not taking a profit because its going to the moon? [-o<

Blown account[s] not due to poor money management, due to lack to knowledge loss after loss.. and just straight up EGO. Perfectionism. Holy grail syndrome for years. Changing methods after one loss, still believing going in the right direction. Always knowing more than anyone else. Immature really.

Desperation to escape mediocrity is a big one for many folks.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:18 am

Lvup7 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:PSA:

There has probably never been a better time in my history to be involved in the financial markets.

*speeads are tighter
*commissions are lower
*volume is high
*volatility is good

Even tho you don't have to pay $100 round trip to get a lean hog contract a high percentage of you out there are not cut out for this business.

That being said. There is such a low barrier of entry these days you can learn for free or little money. Unfortunately this breeds a lot of get rich quick mentalities and grifters.

I believe if you are not on your feet financially then this business will be so much more difficult. I see the desperation in people all the time. They spend money on training and services that was needed to support their household.

These people see the guy wearing a tee shirt on youtube who made $300k from $500 and now they think anyone can do it. Many of those people on youtube are full of crap.

When it comes to forex there is a lot of info out there. You can get demo accounts free forever. You can test your skills on an FTMO demo for free this way you can't lie to yourself.

If you ever get to where you can make 2% or more a month consistently there is 5ers that has a starting package of $250ish and 6 months to meet your first target. They also have a $50ish boot camp you can train on for a year for accountability purposes or maybe you pass it and get $100k account.

There is a new place (Ment Funding) that also starts at $250ish and has unlimited time.

Don't trust me on this, do your own due diligence. Don't jump in the pool with bricks chained to your feet. Don't fall for the rags to riches BS. Come to this with clear thinking and a reality check. If you can't trade a fee demo account you can't trade a $100 account and you can't trade a $1M account

If anyone here has blown an account by risking to much or having poor money management lets hear about it. I have done this. Lack of Patience, Risking to much! Not planning for a Black Swan situation. How about desperation? EGO? Trying to be as good as MO? Not being realistic about your downside risk or just ignorant about it. How about not taking a profit because its going to the moon? [-o<

Blown account[s] not due to poor money management, due to lack to knowledge loss after loss.. and just straight up EGO. Perfectionism. Holy grail syndrome for years. Changing methods after one loss, still believing going in the right direction. Always knowing more than anyone else. Immature really.

Desperation to escape mediocrity is a big one for many folks.

*Holy Grail does not exist.
*Strive for perfect execution not outcome .
*Harder to make good decisions if you are in a bad mindset.
*Thinking just because traders like MO can do it you can
*Inability to take a good loss because of EGO

Yes you hit most of the common issues that holds people back.
Realizing them and make corrections will move you closer. You are the biggest piece of the puzzle. MO could call out every trade he makes and people would still figure out how to lose.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:00 am

aliassmith wrote:
IgazI wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Tallying my fake YOLO account we are up to about $13k.
If you are YOLO when does it end?
When do you stop trading all or nothing?
At $30k you could switch to a margin account and be conservative.
You could show how big your "ballz" are and go to $1M
If you really like trading that way every time you hit "X" start overwith $1000 and do it again.

In my conservative account we are up about 49%. That is a good return, but maybe it is better to hit a goal then start over with a small account and YOLO each time. That changes the whole R/R way of thinking.

Turn $500 into $10k
Turn $1000 into $20k
Turn $5000 into $100k

Maybe I taught myself something. Ill have to research this more. It is possible MO mentioned something like this before and I wasn't listening? Sometimes I hate him :mrgreen:

That's the plan: risk 5, 10, 20K (a 'risk box'), YOLO it into real money (totally personal) and then start over with a fresh stack:

if you have 200K then 10k is only 5%; it's not really a true 'YOLO'

Yes at some point its not a true YOLO. Its more about the concept of it with an overall higher return on investment having predetermined entry value (risk box)and exit value, such as 10x or 20x.

In the end I may discover its only semantics.

Semantics aside, I do see a benefit to this YOLO version. You don't keep your capital at the broker. Every time you hit a target you can withdraw so you have a maximum risk exposure all the time. The broker only has a limited amount of all your capital.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:01 am

If you are interested in options you should probably watch this video. It might save your life or your bank account.

https://youtu.be/1UY0uS6Z6oE

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Bought AAPL 82.50 calls on Monday.
I just closed out at break even since it expires Friday.
I timed my entry poorly, especially since there were a few opportunities to make 100%.

Can't get them all!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:26 pm

This shows that my timing was garbage.
Over 200% so far today. Ugh!
Attachments
Screenshot_20211117-112148_Webull_compress94.jpg
Screenshot_20211117-112148_Webull_compress94.jpg (126.39 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:15 pm

aliassmith wrote:This shows that my timing was garbage.
Over 200% so far today. Ugh!

You're too addicted to stop now! Time to start an options thread =)
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Return to “TheRumpledOne”