Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cheunt3

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby cheunt3 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:31 pm

IgazI wrote:T = 10, E = 11, R = 12, B = 13.

BTC has been behaving itself recently:
btcusd_rot.png

Ahhh, I see, the common rotations =P~
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:28 pm

does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

(I'll make my own thread soon so im not posting all over the place in everyone elses)

bidop.png
bidop.png (66.87 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:26 pm

buffalo wrote:does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

(I'll make my own thread soon so im not posting all over the place in everyone elses)

bidop.png

If you were long then you would want every candle to be green, and if the candle closed red then you would have "something" in mind that you don't want price to close below.

The only time it will not "look right" is when the body is above the trend line. . .
because the difference between an up rotation ("trend") and a down rotation ("trend") is the reversal number; short of the reversal number the down moves are considered to be part of the up trend;

If you understood the idea, that the market is just a 'rotation machine', the crank of a Jack-in-the-box, then you wouldn't be asking these questions;
you would be looking for a box size (grid size) and reversal number (trend separator) that simplifies the chart into actionable price levels.

If you're at a rotation length of 7 and 2/3 of the rotations are between 4 and 9 and 3/4 of the rotations are <13 then you should easily be able to figure out how to trade the chart profitably. . .bet that common lengths will not turn into uncommon lengths.
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm

IgazI wrote:
buffalo wrote:does this look right for bodies closing lower? 4 hr ltc/tether chart. green/red vertical lines mark the candle that closed over and the horizontal lines mark what it closed over

bidop.png

If you were long then you would want every candle to be green, and if the candle closed red then you would have "something" in mind that you don't want price to close below.

The only time it will not "look right" is when the body is above the trend line. . .
because the difference between an up rotation ("trend") and a down rotation ("trend") is the reversal number; short of the reversal number the down moves are considered to be part of the up trend;

If you understood the idea, that the market is just a 'rotation machine', the crank of a Jack-in-the-box, then you wouldn't be asking these questions;
you would be looking for a box size (grid size) and reversal number (trend separator) that simplifies the chart into actionable price levels.

If you're at a rotation length of 7 and 2/3 of the rotations are between 4 and 9 and 3/4 of the rotations are <13 then you should easily be able to figure out how to trade the chart profitably. . .bet that common lengths will not turn into uncommon lengths.

I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal

forigazi.png
forigazi.png (25.23 KiB) Viewed 2417 times

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 am

buffalo wrote:
I understand the rotations, look for reversals after x amount of blocks. I know youve mentioned kagi charts for stop placement, is that what you actaully use? Ive been watching the brian watts videos also, do you do that grid type trading like him?

in this chart i drew lines at each block 10 or more. It would work sometimes to just have on order at that block. why I ask about reading price is so i can more accurately time the reversal

Rotations are not simply 'looking for reversals after x amount of blocks': if you don't set the blocks in the way that I described then you might as well go back to throwing darts at a newspaper. If you're planning on passing on 2/3 of the rotations to trade 10's and 12's then you are also wasting your time.

Your small chart does not matter, whichever chart you want to use to zoom in on a rotation is just fine.

I think the best way to go about it is to day trade options, but most people layer orders like Brian; trading as price is falling through horizontal lines requires the least amount of money and skill so that is what I recommend, & all suggestions are based on that style of trading.

save_as.png
save_as.png (156.04 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:35 pm

buffalo wrote:is this what wick in direction of loss means? wait for bodies to close (preferably breakouts) away from these areas? indicator shows wick size, green is upper wick, red is lower.

ignore the horizontal lines thats a different idea im toying with

foralias.png

Sorry for screwing up alias' thread, hope you don't mind.

MO's posts post85317#p85317

BDP.png
BDP.png (29.01 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

BDP2.png
BDP2.png (26.65 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
buffalo wrote:is this what wick in direction of loss means? wait for bodies to close (preferably breakouts) away from these areas? indicator shows wick size, green is upper wick, red is lower.

ignore the horizontal lines thats a different idea im toying with

foralias.png

Sorry for screwing up alias' thread, hope you don't mind.

MO's posts post85317#p85317

BDP.png

BDP2.png

You are fine posting there.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:07 am

Nice short
Attachments
Screenshot_20210720-030535_MetaTrader 5_compress27.jpg
Screenshot_20210720-030535_MetaTrader 5_compress27.jpg (138.17 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 am

I'm sitting waiting not very patiently on a move off the UK100.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:00 am

LeMercenaire wrote:I'm sitting waiting not very patiently on a move off the UK100.

At last...patience, patience, patience...

UK100on1-minJuly20th2021for+8.5+10.3+11crop.png
UK100on1-minJuly20th2021for+8.5+10.3+11crop.png (28.43 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”