free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:29 am

cheunt3 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:
Can I suggest that you listen to what Alias said which is to practise being wrong. If you're afraid to be wrong then the problem is right there in your face, don't run from being wrong, accept wrong as part of the game, just embrace it. What helped me from trying to be perfect was a journo, jot down, before, in the middle of, and after a trade. I think I wrote down about 130 entries before it really took it in my feelings. Include everything from racing heart, anger, frustration, blushes etc... helped me a lot.

I am a doer which means I try to solve problems on the fly probably because I was constantly moving in a fast paced restaurant from when I was eight helping my dad in the kitchen. It's very satisfying completing small tasks like boxing things up, cooking the food, prepping food, banter with the customers to keep them happy and when I first started trading I was fascinated with scalping like ES, Doji, Alias, Tro, because I thought it suited my 'doing' personality. After a decade of trying it and trying to copy them, I wasn't profitable at all.

Now, I am stacking (accumulation and distribution) like a madman with MO's eights idea. You make money by taking size from a long term extreme and hold on a large chart. But get this, you have 7 trades to get it right and then you're out. 7 losses with the same starting risk. How unlucky can you be be have 7 losses in a row, it's almost impossible, right?

This method has made me sit my arse down and plan and stop doing and going off tangent. I stacked last week on the m30 and h4 and this week sat on my hands for the last four days not doing anything apart from glancing at my position based on a daily. I am so relax it pretty ridiculous compared to before.

Point I am making is trying to imitate another trader is a waste of time. I see the dazzle, grabbing a few pips here and there, consistently, daily, flashy, looks easy but you need to do it day in and day out for it to pay out well like they are doing it. And they are. BUT, imo it is not for everyone. Maybe it isn't for you Pro?

Would you be willing to do a trade walkthru?
It doesn't have to be live. I would like to see how you pick a bias trigger in, exit criteria. How you add.

Looks like other people view the posts so it could help someone and I'm always willing to see what others do. Its my obsession.

I can do better than my charts, just listen to the master guru himself from Mira's MOnster thread.

therumpledone/how-to-be-a-monster-t16383/page660?hilit=monster

MO_GJ_EX_MIRA-min.png

week-min.png

D-min.png

H4-min.png

Cones for better entries and exits.

My first target is minimum weekly CZ, then median CZ, then the high end target CZ. Median and high end targets are also not important but if I reach that that's a bonus. % gain is more important than number of pips for me. I also almost always exit on large candles too, then start the lines process again.

People keep asking me about bias and sure it does help to have one, but since 2 lines of M30 is the same risk as two lines of H4 and as the same risk of D etc ... it really doesn't matter because all you are doing is stacking constantly and seven chances before death. MO said it before, stacking is more valuable than holding, doesn't matter which timeframe because you're just losing lines and not the entire risk. I stacked for three weeks straight once and the month turned the opposite way and I still had OPM.

If bias is what you want then you really can't go wrong with weekly momo with the context of where that momo started from.

I know my bias and targets sound very flippant and that's because they are. I am not you, TRO or Chappy or Lem with precision entries and iron will discipline, I just can't do it so I stick to $/line and % per week ok with me.

A very good and descriptive post of your methodology.
:smt023
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Would you be willing to do a trade walkthru?
It doesn't have to be live. I would like to see how you pick a bias trigger in, exit criteria. How you add.

Looks like other people view the posts so it could help someone and I'm always willing to see what others do. Its my obsession.

I can do better than my charts, just listen to the master guru himself from Mira's MOnster thread.

therumpledone/how-to-be-a-monster-t16383/page660?hilit=monster

MO_GJ_EX_MIRA-min.png

week-min.png

D-min.png

H4-min.png

Cones for better entries and exits.

My first target is minimum weekly CZ, then median CZ, then the high end target CZ. Median and high end targets are also not important but if I reach that that's a bonus. % gain is more important than number of pips for me. I also almost always exit on large candles too, then start the lines process again.

People keep asking me about bias and sure it does help to have one, but since 2 lines of M30 is the same risk as two lines of H4 and as the same risk of D etc ... it really doesn't matter because all you are doing is stacking constantly and seven chances before death. MO said it before, stacking is more valuable than holding, doesn't matter which timeframe because you're just losing lines and not the entire risk. I stacked for three weeks straight once and the month turned the opposite way and I still had OPM.

If bias is what you want then you really can't go wrong with weekly momo with the context of where that momo started from.

I know my bias and targets sound very flippant and that's because they are. I am not you, TRO or Chappy or Lem with precision entries and iron will discipline, I just can't do it so I stick to $/line and % per week ok with me.

A very good and descriptive post of your methodology.
:smt023

Not my methodology Pro, everybody here contributed to my success including you.

Glad you are enjoying retirement, you can also use eights with just four hour candles, then daily, then week. On your holidays, just check every four hours, decide whether to go long or short, set 2 lines target or lose 2, and go back to your hols. Rinse. Repeat. :D
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:10 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
dojirock wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Im curious why you don't have it as an IRA already? Well for one I guess you can't short in an IRA. The thing about IRA is they have max contribution amounts. I believe its $6000 per year so every year you don't contribute you lose "time"

With your trading you can have a 7 figure nest egg in 10 years.
(I already have the wealth account at those levels I will need to convert my assets into a trust at some point to put a few layers of legal protection in there.)
If you aren't ready to retire keep going
If you are convert it to cashflow.

$700k a year is probably enough for most people.

As a business owner for 36 years I didn't have a 401k or IRA that an employer would match or even health benefits. Most business owners that I know that were my mentors, planned on using the sale of their business as their retirement or keeping it forever and handing it down to the family which would provide them a possible income for life. (Wow, its almost been 2 years since I sold my businesses already) Upon doing so it enabled my wife and I to clean up all our debt and have a small nest egg with the intent of me trading as the income we would need. What really took me by surprise trying to 'retire', was the amount of free time that all of a sudden became available to me and the stress free lifestyle. This may sound strange but in my mind, I was thinking that with all the free time, and no stress of the job, my trading would really reach insane levels. It only took me 6 months to realize that wasn't the case and I was absolutely going crazy with my self and all the 'free time' that had become available. My success and income from trading declined by almost 50%. Just because I had more time for the market with my strats didn't mean the market would give me more! Of course I know that now in hindsight. During that time I began to realize that if something were to happen to me, like, losing my eyesight or my intellectual ability to trade that our small nest egg may need some fluffing if we were to live into our 90's. I also realized that I need something to fill some of all of my new found recreational time. Hence why I decided to become a financial advisor, something in my area of interest, that ability to maintain schedule flexibility and feel my self worth again. In that total of 9 months off after I sold the businesses I found myself in a dark place. I didn't realize how much of my identity and who I am, (using my screen name) as doji, in a sense, was sold with the business. I had to find a new purpose. I thank God every day for helping me get out of that dark place. Whew, kind of got long winded there.
Anyways, I took a position in a firm, able to dress up if I want to and go talk with clients as Im learning the ropes, and I love it. My trading has rebounded, (trading at home). I have started a ROTH IRA and am contributing the $6000 a year along with an additional $1000 as the catch up provision allowed due to me being over the age of 50 with the part time income from the firm. That is why I said "my goal" is to trade my ROTH. Im not 59 1/2 yet and I haven't had it for 5 years, so the flexibility for me to trade it and take distributions tax free without penalty is not allowed yet. My ROTH will be frosting on the cake per say.

doji

Ha, I "retired" the end of last July.
Free time? LMAO.
I'm just now starting to hit my stride on the years of projects I've got lined out to catch up on.
All this DAMN traveling/vacationing has kept me out of my groove.
Bout to leave Tue. for another 2 weeks.

It was kinda weird at first NOT having a J.O.B. to use as my Identity.
Also, not having a SET schedule.
The biggest thing was DIET.
Being able to walk by the fridge ANY time I wanted was not a pretty picture.
Even worse I started going out to eat a lot because it always seemed like the weekend. (celebrate good times....hey hey)
THAT SH!T HAD TO STOP OR I WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP. And I ain't talking biceps or Quads either.

My dad leaves for MI on his summer 5mo. vacation next week so He'll be gone when I get back.
This means I can get my routine setup to wake-up, work-out, trade, then hit the garage before having to do home-school with my daughter.
Afternoons are mostly family time.

I'm 51 and luvin' life!
LET'S GO!!!!!!

And don't waste a second of it, buddy. Blink of an eye and it can all change.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Back and playing.

Set up for 1:1 (ish) as I probably wasn't going to sit and wrangle...

GBPAUDM15secondinDeadHorse26thApril2021initialsetat1to1.png
GBPAUDM15secondinDeadHorse26thApril2021initialsetat1to1.png (27.77 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

Sure enough, I didn't watch it and so left it to do its thing, which it did.

GBPAUDM5arvosessionUKApril26th2021tookitat1to1ascouldntwatchApril26th2021.png
GBPAUDM5arvosessionUKApril26th2021tookitat1to1ascouldntwatchApril26th2021.png (28.51 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:57 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
dojirock wrote:
As a business owner for 36 years I didn't have a 401k or IRA that an employer would match or even health benefits. Most business owners that I know that were my mentors, planned on using the sale of their business as their retirement or keeping it forever and handing it down to the family which would provide them a possible income for life. (Wow, its almost been 2 years since I sold my businesses already) Upon doing so it enabled my wife and I to clean up all our debt and have a small nest egg with the intent of me trading as the income we would need. What really took me by surprise trying to 'retire', was the amount of free time that all of a sudden became available to me and the stress free lifestyle. This may sound strange but in my mind, I was thinking that with all the free time, and no stress of the job, my trading would really reach insane levels. It only took me 6 months to realize that wasn't the case and I was absolutely going crazy with my self and all the 'free time' that had become available. My success and income from trading declined by almost 50%. Just because I had more time for the market with my strats didn't mean the market would give me more! Of course I know that now in hindsight. During that time I began to realize that if something were to happen to me, like, losing my eyesight or my intellectual ability to trade that our small nest egg may need some fluffing if we were to live into our 90's. I also realized that I need something to fill some of all of my new found recreational time. Hence why I decided to become a financial advisor, something in my area of interest, that ability to maintain schedule flexibility and feel my self worth again. In that total of 9 months off after I sold the businesses I found myself in a dark place. I didn't realize how much of my identity and who I am, (using my screen name) as doji, in a sense, was sold with the business. I had to find a new purpose. I thank God every day for helping me get out of that dark place. Whew, kind of got long winded there.
Anyways, I took a position in a firm, able to dress up if I want to and go talk with clients as Im learning the ropes, and I love it. My trading has rebounded, (trading at home). I have started a ROTH IRA and am contributing the $6000 a year along with an additional $1000 as the catch up provision allowed due to me being over the age of 50 with the part time income from the firm. That is why I said "my goal" is to trade my ROTH. Im not 59 1/2 yet and I haven't had it for 5 years, so the flexibility for me to trade it and take distributions tax free without penalty is not allowed yet. My ROTH will be frosting on the cake per say.

doji

Ha, I "retired" the end of last July.
Free time? LMAO.
I'm just now starting to hit my stride on the years of projects I've got lined out to catch up on.
All this DAMN traveling/vacationing has kept me out of my groove.
Bout to leave Tue. for another 2 weeks.

It was kinda weird at first NOT having a J.O.B. to use as my Identity.
Also, not having a SET schedule.
The biggest thing was DIET.
Being able to walk by the fridge ANY time I wanted was not a pretty picture.
Even worse I started going out to eat a lot because it always seemed like the weekend. (celebrate good times....hey hey)
THAT SH!T HAD TO STOP OR I WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP. And I ain't talking biceps or Quads either.

My dad leaves for MI on his summer 5mo. vacation next week so He'll be gone when I get back.
This means I can get my routine setup to wake-up, work-out, trade, then hit the garage before having to do home-school with my daughter.
Afternoons are mostly family time.

I'm 51 and luvin' life!
LET'S GO!!!!!!

And don't waste a second of it, buddy. Blink of an eye and it can all change.

I enjoy my time with ya'll on Kresik so no wasted moments. 8)
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

thepark

Postby thepark » Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi Alias

Hoping to pick your brain on a problem I'm encountering. I've been trading the NAS100 and had some good success originally, only going long and entering at pivots and patterns. I've adopted the mindset of just taking profit liberally and not having to worry about hitting big targets. Had a nice string of wins and the occasional loss. The problem is what I take as profit is not usually not as high as a full stop at 0.7%. I can get a nice string of 10+wins but a few losses will wipe out all a lot of the gains. My SL is not sized behind a D+ extreme on the NAS100 because the lot size will be very small and given my wins are not as big as my stops, the profit will be even smaller. I think I have something fundamentally wrong how I am thinking about this.

Do I need to size it all the way to the D+ extreme or do I need to time it better which is no easy feat? break it up into smaller orders? I've been stuck here for awhile and I know mathematically its an uphill battle if your R:R ratio is less than 1.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun May 23, 2021 12:01 am

thepark wrote:Hi Alias

Hoping to pick your brain on a problem I'm encountering. I've been trading the NAS100 and had some good success originally, only going long and entering at pivots and patterns. I've adopted the mindset of just taking profit liberally and not having to worry about hitting big targets. Had a nice string of wins and the occasional loss. The problem is what I take as profit is not usually not as high as a full stop at 0.7%. I can get a nice string of 10+wins but a few losses will wipe out all a lot of the gains. My SL is not sized behind a D+ extreme on the NAS100 because the lot size will be very small and given my wins are not as big as my stops, the profit will be even smaller. I think I have something fundamentally wrong how I am thinking about this.

Do I need to size it all the way to the D+ extreme or do I need to time it better which is no easy feat? break it up into smaller orders? I've been stuck here for awhile and I know mathematically its an uphill battle if your R:R ratio is less than 1.

Well I almost made it a month without posting.

I don't know if you found a solution.

You can not beat the math. I believe TRO posted the equation for expectancy a few hundred times. You need to make that formula work.

You will have to test/document everything.

Test your stoploss size ( based on market structure or ATR or adding split orders in a pull back)
Test you TP size (waiting longer, taking partial and runners, use split up orders, stacking) many things can be tested.

In the end even if your win percentage goes down you might be able to nudge the math in your favor.

With an avg win of 1 and avg loss of 1 a 60% win rate pays well.

Not talking about you.
I see all these new crypto trading "geniuses" recently. They think trading is so easy and doesn't require work. Just wait for that reality check.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Interesting times.
I wonder how many invested their stimulus money in bitcoin at $50,000.

Or how many bought that Dogecoin at 70 cents.

Some people did get very lucky. I know a guy second hand that turned $4000 into $933k.

Its also funny/sad watching comment sections saying lets all buy x crypto so we all make money. That shows they dont know anything about trading.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun May 23, 2021 11:32 pm

aliassmith wrote:Interesting times.

Some people did get very lucky. I know a guy second hand that turned $4000 into $933k.

Its also funny/sad watching comment sections saying lets all buy x crypto so we all make money. That shows they dont know anything about trading.

Hong Kong looking to ban crypto trading for retail now.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon May 24, 2021 1:30 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Interesting times.

Hong Kong looking to ban crypto trading for retail now.

Seems like forces at work trying to destroy crypto.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”