2012 DRAIN THE BANKS LIKE A RAT .... CONTINUED

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

3) The TRAINING WHEELS only signals LONG trades ABOVE the weekly open and SHORT trades BELOW the weekly above. This bias keeps beginning traders, as well as experienced traders, out of trouble.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS. THINK ABOUT IT!!

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

BrandX...

You're not a trader.
You're a scalper.

All I'll say is that basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable.
Provided you know something about the fundamentals of market movement.
And a little math wouldn't hurt.

Some guys make me laugh ;)

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

BrandX

Postby BrandX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:19 pm

bredin wrote:BrandX...

You're not a trader.
You're a scalper.

All I'll say is that basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable.
Provided you know something about the fundamentals of market movement.
And a little math wouldn't hurt.

Some guys make me laugh ;)

G.

Fair enough, I am a scalper - you are a trader. I concede your point, and you got a good laugh out of the deal, your welcome. I am here to improve my method.

Unfortunately, you offer no improvement for me. Since you got a good laugh out of the deal, I respectfully request that you to critique the flaws in my earlier chart. Then show me the way a real trader does it. You can link me to it if that's preferable for you.

The ball is in your court.

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 pm

What I meant by amusing is that some guys will take an idea or method, misconstrue its purpose, construct an example that 'doesnt work' then declare that idea or method invalid.

Anyway. On your sadface chart it is clear that price is closing below 'something'. in this case supply, which gets wicked nicely for a classic short play... anywhere in that rise was a good place to get short, with enough space to ride back to supply, expanding if necessary.

the threads entitled 'blind mouse' and 'ideas that I trade by' are (excuse the pun) Mighty Useful.

G.

BrandX

Postby BrandX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

bredin wrote:What I meant by amusing is that some guys will take an idea or method, misconstrue its purpose, construct an example that 'doesnt work' then declare that idea or method invalid.

Anyway. On your sadface chart it is clear that price is closing below 'something'. in this case supply, which gets wicked nicely for a classic short play... anywhere in that rise was a good place to get short, with enough space to ride back to supply, expanding if necessary.

the threads entitled 'blind mouse' and 'ideas that I trade by' are (excuse the pun) Mighty Useful.

G.

So, I take it that you can't or will not fulfill the critique/chart request. My opinion is that if you publish a strategy in a forum it should work in many if not all market conditions. I find the DTB Rat Zone trades to be a very high probability strategy with the rules well documented..

On the other hand let's analyze the Trick, Blow, Wiggle, strategy, it will not work consistently in it's verbatim form. and it is indefensible. Your second post adds veiled clarity which suggest it could have worked if one was privy to other unknown rules.

"All I'll say is that basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable."

"One trick that you can use (assuming you trade 3 lots) is to place a limit order for 2 lots (15 pips = 2%)"

Good so far.

" and when(?) price blows through it set a sell stop for 1 lot at the entry price (10 pips = 2%)."

A two lot 15 pip gain is protected by entering a ONE lot stop at entry? I beg to differ on this being a " basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable"

"Provided you know something about the fundamentals of market movement."

My understanding of " the fundamentals of market movement" is it moves up and down, no one knows precisely how far.

"And a little math wouldn't hurt."
Two long entry lots protected by one stop at entry equals one long entry still running below entry.
To me that's not the sort of math to use trading or scalping.

Continuing on with the math in " basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable"...................

"You still have a 10 pip stop but you had 15 pips of room while you were wiggling your way into a trade."
You had non realized $300 profit on two L.E. lots, price reversed and took out one L.E. lot. Now you have "You still have a 10 pip stop? to end at - $100.

Thanks, but this laughable scalper prefers the Rat trade math, " Do not give back more than 50% of your profit".
Last edited by BrandX on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:57 pm

How likely do you think it is that price will move to the exact price as your limit order and then reverse?
For someone who uses a 10 pip stop, they could enter 2 lots (instead of 3) on a limit w/ a 15 pip stop (=2% risk) and then place a sell stop (we are going short in this example) where the limit order was activated & adjust the stop loss to 10 ( = 2% risk).

(3/2) * 10 = 15 <--- adding more space for the wick
(2/3) * 15 = 10 <--- removing space that is no longer needed

There is no gain to speak of at this point (oaf)...

Consider this the only time in your life when I drew up a chart for you:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lm05nc.jpg

BrandX

Delusional Reality?

Postby BrandX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:29 pm

MightyOne wrote:How likely do you think it is that price will move to the exact price as your limit order and then reverse?
For someone who uses a 10 pip stop, they could enter 2 lots (instead of 3) on a limit w/ a 15 pip stop (=2% risk) and then place a sell stop (we are going short in this example) where the limit order was activated & adjust the stop loss to 10 ( = 2% risk).

"All I'll say is that basic idea (presented by MO) is fantastically profitable."
Seeing this chart gives me visual evidence of a $$ making machine.

But, apparently in your original strategy/trade, you were 2 lots L.E. and then you put a 1 lot stop @ entry.

"One trick that you can use (assuming you trade 3 lots) is to place a limit order for 2 lots (15 pips = 2%) and when(?) price blows through it set a sell stop for 1 lot at the entry price (10 pips = 2%)."

Now this chart shows a 2 lot S.E. , blathers a bit about some 10 pip stop that's not @ entry, and then has a 3rd S.E .lot filled @ entry.
Bravo! I congratulate you on an unbelievable $$ making strategy. One problem I have with it is this; Do you call the broker and tell him that it was not a 2 lot L.E. with a 1 lot stop @ entry, that it was actually a 2 lot S.E. w/ 1 S.E. lot added @ entry? Does he credit your account quickly?

So, enough about your delusional reality strategy. Here's a rat zone chart that doesn't require calls to the broker explaining that their servers entered the wrong order.
A person can decide which method offers a higher probability for profit. The Rat Trades strategy or the Emperor's New Clothes strategy.
Last edited by BrandX on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Re: Delusional Reality?

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

BrandX wrote:
MightyOne wrote:How likely do you think it is that price will move to the exact price as your limit order and then reverse?

Seeing this chart gives me visual evidence of a $$ making machine.

But, apparently in your original strategy/trade, you were 2 lots L.E. and then you put a 1 lot stop @ entry.

"One trick that you can use (assuming you trade 3 lots) is to place a limit order for 2 lots (15 pips = 2%) and when(?) price blows through it set a sell stop for 1 lot at the entry price (10 pips = 2%)."

Now this chart shows a 2 lot S.E. , blathers a bit about some 10 pip stop that's not @ entry, and then has a 3rd S.E .lot filled @ entry.
Bravo! I congratulate you on an unbelievable $$ making strategy. One problem I have with it is this; Do you call the broker and tell him that it was not a 2 lot L.E. with a 1 lot stop @ entry, that it was actually a 2 lot S.E. w/ 1 S.E. lot added @ entry? Does he credit your account quickly?

So, enough about your delusional reality strategy. Here's a rat zone chart that doesn't require calls to the broker explaining that their servers entered the wrong order.
A person can decide which method offers a higher probability for profit. The Rat Trades strategy or the Emperor's New Clothes strategy.

Wow, I didn't think that I would have to use the same link twice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08

I don't know if it is that you don't understand order types:

http://www.babypips.com/school/types-of-orders.html

If it is that you don't understand position-sizing...

or if you are just fking retarded (by choice?).

As for my reality, I have been a PROFITABLE trader for over -->10<-- years

My account grew from $2000 to tens of thousands before my teen years were over...
& I did it with a phone, pen, & paper charts.

So stuff your idiocy down your throat hole :shock:

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm

BrandX,
I think you should give up the notion that "I am here to improve my method."

Calling something rubbish because you dont understand it is not the way to learn.

It looks to me like deliberate obstinance at this point.

G.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”