free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

golfget

all unnecessary movement is prevented

Postby golfget » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 am

I'm agree with you and I Think this is very good

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount Golf Clubs

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 am

Hi again Sirius

This is how anal I am! - I have just found a screenshot of the explanation that I luckily saved! I was too busy to find it last night!

So in true bettlebox style, I present you :D

"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

SiriusDG

Postby SiriusDG » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok, thanx, I think I have that now. So, regardless of what time period I am trading in, that indicator is always set to D1, and quickly shows me which pairs have a chance of doing a rat reversal AND doing if within threshhold. Ok.

Next question.... I understand what this indicator is for...

and I understand what this indicator is for ...

But since they are both showing me pairs that are setting up for reversals and in reversals, what is the benefit of one over the other? Aren't they just two different ways of seeing the same thing?

Thanx all, hoping to understand this well enough by Monday to actually start playing around in a demo account.

David

SiriusDG

Postby SiriusDG » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Ok, so this morning, I am actually trying to use this a bit on a demo account and see how rat reversals really work. I am very new, so I may have something all wrong, that is why I am asking questions, so no flames please.

I have chosen to be a Green Rat...

Rule 1: Be within 20 pips of daily low for entry
Rule 2: Red bar followed by Green bar for time period entry signal
Rule 3: Don't fight the daily bar

So, when I actually try to apply all three rules at once, I run into problems. If I am understanding this right, that means I need a red bar followed by a green bar for some time frame, where the total range of those two bars is LESS than 16 pips from the daily low (since I still have to wait 4 more pips to enter, and need to enter within 20 pips of daily low), AND the daily bar is green, which in theory means the daily low has been less than 16 pips from the daily open. That is turning out to be a VERY unusual and unlikely set of circumstances. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanx All!

David

Humble

Postby Humble » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 am

Where do the oft repeated Rat rules mention the colour of the daily bar?
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:42 pm

SiriusDG wrote:Ok, thanx, I think I have that now. So, regardless of what time period I am trading in, that indicator is always set to D1, and quickly shows me which pairs have a chance of doing a rat reversal AND doing if within threshhold. Ok.

Next question.... I understand what this indicator is for...

and I understand what this indicator is for ...

But since they are both showing me pairs that are setting up for reversals and in reversals, what is the benefit of one over the other? Aren't they just two different ways of seeing the same thing?

Thanx all, hoping to understand this well enough by Monday to actually start playing around in a demo account.

David

No, they are not the same.

The dashboard is rat reversals.

The multipair is buy zone, rat reversals.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 pm

SiriusDG wrote:Ok, so this morning, I am actually trying to use this a bit on a demo account and see how rat reversals really work. I am very new, so I may have something all wrong, that is why I am asking questions, so no flames please.

I have chosen to be a Green Rat...

Rule 1: Be within 20 pips of daily low for entry
Rule 2: Red bar followed by Green bar for time period entry signal
Rule 3: Don't fight the daily bar

So, when I actually try to apply all three rules at once, I run into problems. If I am understanding this right, that means I need a red bar followed by a green bar for some time frame, where the total range of those two bars is LESS than 16 pips from the daily low (since I still have to wait 4 more pips to enter, and need to enter within 20 pips of daily low), AND the daily bar is green, which in theory means the daily low has been less than 16 pips from the daily open. That is turning out to be a VERY unusual and unlikely set of circumstances. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanx All!

David

Green Rats usually go long when daily bar is RED!! Unless the open is less than 20 pips from the daily low, then the daily bar will be RED when price is in the GREEN RAT ZONE.

So that is why we look at the H1 and W1 bars.

SiriusDG

Postby SiriusDG » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Okay, reading as much as I can as fast as I can, there is lots here ;)

So, the Buy Zone and Rat Reversals are actually two totally seperate entry strategies, right? But I can combine them and look for rat reversals that happen INSIDE the buy zone, to improve my chances of success? Do I have that right? So, on the chart originally in question, that buy zone listed is based off of what... the Daily open, GMT, or the major markets, or the hourly bar... I have seen all three referenced in my research.

So, for someone just getting started on all of TRO's stuff, should I focus on Rat Reverals, Buy Zone, or blended? Opinions on what is working best for everyone?

Thanx All!!

David

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 pm

No.

You look for the RAT REVERSAL pattern on the D1 chart and use the buy zone to enter.

For green rats, a red D1 candle, a green D1 candle and then enter long in the buy zone on the new D1 candle.

slingblade

Postby slingblade » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 am

TRO,
Just joined up with your army of rats and plunked down my $50 for the indi's. I've already benefitted from incorporating what I've read for free here. Sincere thanks.

A friend mentioned an indicator that you may have coded that is used to help determine a logical exit point. Something called "TRO_MPMM_EXIT"?

Any recollection or perhaps something similar that I can use as training wheels?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”