2011.01.04 THE RAT ADAPTS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pritam1232007

Postby pritam1232007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:21 am

wangyue22,
do u mean exist strategy totally depend on experience.. am i right..

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 am

pritam1232007 wrote:TRO use MBT meta trader i think we need to follow his GMT....

NO, I DO NOT USE MBT METATRADER.

I wish people would not post things that are not true.

My charts are Alpari charts.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

hopearisen

Postby hopearisen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
pritam1232007 wrote:TRO use MBT meta trader i think we need to follow his GMT....

NO, I DO NOT USE MBT METATRADER.

I wish people would not post things that are not true.

My charts are Alpari charts.
TRO use MBT meta trader i think we need to follow his GMT....

Hi TRO,
I am a little bit confuse here most of your donational pdf books i.e why you lose at trading e.t.c adviced to use MB trading being ENC but most of your posted chart resently as you said are in Alpari,please which is which? because I'm about to going life with MB trading.
Your wisdom on this will be greatly appreciated. cheers!

pritam1232007

Postby pritam1232007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 am

TRO,
do u mean you trade with MB Trading and charting with ALPARI UK.

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 am

Thanks TRO

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 am

pritam1232007 wrote:TRO,

Yes, that is correct. I trade with MB Trading and have live charts from other brokers.

Since forex is NOT a consolidated market, you should always have live feeds from at least 2 different brokers.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 am

pritam1232007 wrote:wangyue22,
do u mean exist strategy totally depend on experience.. am i right..

no, TRO been very humble and did statistical analysis on the methods given :wink:

experience tell you when to get out, statistics tell you when to go in
"find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" Confucius

"its all relative" Eisenstein

"if you love everything, then nothing is work, if you think everything is work, then nothing is work" Confustein ^.^

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:22 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
pritam1232007 wrote:TRO,

Yes, that is correct. I trade with MB Trading and have live charts from other brokers.

Since forex is NOT a consolidated market, you should always have live feeds from at least 2 different brokers.

huh, learn something new everyday, have two data feed and now I know the reason other than "back up".
"find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" Confucius

"its all relative" Eisenstein

"if you love everything, then nothing is work, if you think everything is work, then nothing is work" Confustein ^.^

hopearisen

Postby hopearisen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello,
How do I resolve re-quote problem that lasted 65 minutes trying to exit demo trade,please help to avoid such in life trade. thank all for your usual help.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:15 pm

bredin wrote:
newscalper wrote:Bredin said about price going to the opposite extreme then coming back across the open.

5 min chart, yellow line = weekly open. Look for daily rat then observe, the trade here is on the third day. The chart shows a nice win, lots of trades don't win but I don't want to post that chart.

I think you must to be prepared to place more than one trade a day but not overtrade, maybe limit to only one per hour when price is crossing the daily open.

I see many trades that don't work but also many that make a large profit, statistics on this are???

Trade management is key and your rules for exit. I don't agree with 'if you see 2 pips it's a win' etc (sorry TRO) because if you think like that you don't know when to hold and when to fold, or with trailing stop at 5 pips etc. you'll get crazy stopped out: isn't Zline about that? But I also see that by averaging out you can sometimes hold on all day or even for days with little risk :shock:, which is what I was talking to TRO about b4 Xtmas in 2%. i.e. if we know the probability of our trade going + pips before our stop we can take off part of our position and hold. It's the missing part of the puzzle.

what if you scaled in rather than out?? putting profit into more position during the big run.... only putting a small portion on the table in the first place so as to reduce whipsaw (if thats an issue for you)

OEF is about 80% true for all bars regardless of timeframe, most of the fails are non-momo, small bodied bars...
I just meant it to be used here as a 'waiting' mechanism, very few daily bars have the open as an extreme....
Just for kicks take a look at rat style entries for m5/15 setup bars that close across the daily open :lol:

G.

edit: I love the rat for entries, btw... not meaning to hijack a thread with my acute cases of rat-abuse.

I know the pros and cons of both methods. With scaling out (assuming no spread and dealing costs) if you're running 3 lots, take 2 off at + 1/2 of your stop you've just bought yourself a risk free trade without moving your stop. Hold it then until the cows come home.

Edit: Just to clarify, scaling out to be used as an entry tool. Our stop is 10 pips, price goes to +7 we then take off 2/3 giving us a b/e trade if it goes wrong. This gives our initial entry a safety margin where we may still be stopped out by short t/f volatility. Later, if the trade goes our way there's nothing to stop us adding to the position to give an average price using the houses money to maximise gains: as long as we know the implications of doing that i.e. a lot of profitable trades can finish at break even with some very big wins.
Last edited by newscalper on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”