2010.09.23 A NEW RAT IS IN TOWN

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Yes, weekly/daily bias, when in agreement, are pretty strong.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TerminalIndicator

Nothing New

Postby TerminalIndicator » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:32 pm

There is nothing "new" about this rat. In fact, there's nothing new about any of this at all, quite frankly.

Approximately, 10 years ago, I researched and developed a series of fairly basic and benign indicators that take quantitative measurements of price behavior near the daily high and daily low. That research, nearly a decade ago, lead to more advanced techniques and tools for measuring price behavior at various points throughout the trading session. Eventually, I learned how to map the price behavior of just about any traded market.

These indicators became known as volatility maps and they simply indicated what is nothing more than common sense:

'That in order to capture the primary move of any bar, one must enter at either the High or the Low "zones" of that bar - regardless of which bar is being used at the container for the trade'

Not genius. Just plain ole common horse sense. The simple things often times turn out to be the most profound. Now, how does one know WHERE the High or Low will be for their given bar? Well, that's something that I've kept a secret for many years.

I see people here, often wondering why they get zapped with whiplash, after they enter on the Green or Red Rat rules. Well, that has everything in the world to do with not having the ability to know where the high and low of that particular bar will be. Enter too early, get zapped. Enter to late, miss the majority of the primary move. In this case, it is far better to be late to the party, then to be too early.

I just found it fascinating, that an entire website (forum even) had been primarily dedicated to what I've designed more than a decade ago and that I've shared with people for at least 7 years. Funny how that all works out. Its like taking Boeing 737-500 with a Southwestern paint livery, stripping the paint off, tossing on a JetBlue livery and then calling it "new" plane. But, of course, that's how the world works.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and all of a sudden he created the idea of fish to begin with.

We used to call this stuff "Bottom/Top Fishing," years ago (anyone having been around the markets long enough, will recall that term). Today, we call it being a Rat.

Just as long as you are successful at trading the market, is all the really matters in the long-run. Regardless, of whether or not its "just a little bit of history repeating."

As you were. (or, may have thought you were)

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 am

Now, how does one know WHERE the High or Low will be for their given bar? Well, that's something that I've kept a secret for many years.

Secret? lol
Last edited by tmanbone on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

gfg1

Re: Nothing New

Postby gfg1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 am

Sounds a lot like a guy called signalbender that was here for awhile and then left.

TerminalIndicator wrote:Approximately, 10 years ago, I researched and developed a series of fairly basic and benign indicators that take quantitative measurements of price behavior near the daily high and daily low. That research, nearly a decade ago, lead to more advanced techniques and tools for measuring price behavior at various points throughout the trading session. Eventually, I learned how to map the price behavior of just about any traded market.

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 am

cept that SignalBender said [paraphrase] "I'll dole out my method in tiny fragments to the lucky guy that codes the whole thing for me"

:lol:

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TerminalIndicator

Postby TerminalIndicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am

All I'm saying is that being one of these, is not optimal:

What does this Rat know of Price over Time? He seems to be stuck on a treadmill - spinning his wheels. He knows about Price, yet Time seems to allude him, though its attached to his cage. How, appropriate!

If you think your doing something "new" who am I argue! Been there, done that, and long since progressed.

I'm simply saying that there is nothing new about trading the Upper Shadow or Lower Shadow of the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Bar (lol) - that's all - nothing new at all. Regardless, of whether or not one embeds the trade into an M5, M15, M30 or H1 candle. It will still always be the trading of Upper and Lower Shadows. Instead of "drain the banks like a Rat," how about "Drain the Banks by trading Upper and Lower Daily, Weekly and Monthly Shadows." Then, instead of using dorky motifs like Pirates or Rats, you could use something really cool, like Drain the Bank's like Shadow Men. Ya, know - a little more mysterious and creative.

No kidding, its a really good trading methodology for the sight and hearing impaired. The problem, is that you can't possibly have any idea where the High or Low is likely to be located, based on the entry rules and that is precisely what causes the whiplash action, so many have reported.

It was Einstein, who once said, that a problem cannot be solved at the level on which it was created. It is for this reason, the whip-lashing will continue and the hope that enough bounces occur to whitewash away the blind-entry losses.

Too much of this:

Will eventually lead to one of these:

If that offends anyone, I do apologize for bursting any bubbles of what might have been perceived as genuine insight into something not yet done before - a long time ago.

I used to do this very same thing as an infant trader, because it seemed rather effective to me back then. Of course (back then), I knew nothing of the real relationship between Price & Time. Therefore, I got Whipped and Lashed, just like all of you are being Whipped and Lashed - far too often as a Rat. I'm simply saying that its all just a little bit of history repeating - nothing more, nothing less. I watch in amazement - that's all.

Cute little blind rate above, isn't he! Just as happy and go lucky as he can possibly be - having just a good ole time........ or so it seems on the surface. Such a shame that he is so absolutely in the dark.

In the final analysis, there's Whiplash proper:

And, then there's the antidote to Whiplash proper:

Think about the relationship to Price over Time. Then realize that one good way to become this guy...

...is located at the intersection of the asymmetry relationship between Price over Time. And, continued failure to see that relationship prior to blindly following "rules" fit for a Rat, will virtually guarantee that more of this...

...is in your future.

Ciao Bella!

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:12 am

TerminalIndicator wrote:
It was Einstein, who once said, that a problem cannot be solved at the level on which it was created.

reminds me indeed of signalbender,

ofcourse whatever you call the method is NOT important, also that it is as old as 'the road to rome' etc etc..
in the end only matters if you are profitable.

not to offend you, but i do not read anything new in your posts, cq how
you think things can be improved.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

Toccata 1

Postby Toccata 1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 am

Hi TerminalIndicator,

"the intersection of the asymmetry relationship between Price over Time". Sounds very interesting, but I'm confused. Can you explane us some more about that, please? What are we looking for to see this?
Thanks.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Toccata 1 wrote:...
"the intersection of the asymmetry relationship between Price over Time". Sounds very interesting, ....

Nah, sounds like an odd sexual reference.

Nice of you to drop in, Terminal.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm

We prefer maze's over wheels.

Right, left or http://admissions.yale.edu/freshman?

You never mentioned trading one direction. Did you miss it?
Thanks,
Last edited by tmanbone on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Return to “TheRumpledOne”