2010.09.23 A NEW RAT IS IN TOWN

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:49 am

bredin wrote:If this system is as powerful as he says it it, why not just hire a professional coding company? Then he would have confidentality agreements (and painful clauses for breaking that agreement), legal copyright and ownership of the methodology (as well as the source code)....

SO... looks like weve got another nickel and dime millionaire on our hands :lol:

G.

You are exactly right, Bredin. The answer is that he is a muckin' foron.

Now, as to nickel and dime millionaire: if that's how I got there, I'd be perfectly happy with it :lol:

Now, back to reality.

I have a lot to bitch about, myself; unfortunately, I'm the one that deserves to be bitched at!!!!!

What gets me about Trader Number 7 (or whatever the HELL he goes by on the second Tuesday of the month) is that a LONG TIME AGO he praised the HELL out of TRO!!!!!!

Oh, well, I guess that's what alcohol does to you!

TEX

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:34 am

I meant that hes tallkin like hes got a million in his pocket, and trying to get stuff done on the cheap.... when a real businesman would just pony up and get going.

Lets face it, he showed up here with a grand method, tried to get it coded for free and got snotty when the coders here didnt immediately drop everything for him. Then he has the nerve to accuse others of having no ethics, and of keeping things from him...

G. (Who has an ethic. Of which I am very proud, keep it securely locked in a beautiful and expensive safe and parade it on special occasions)
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:35 am

I meant that hes tallkin like hes got a million in his pocket, and trying to get stuff done on the cheap.... when a real businesman would just pony up and get going.

I am so dense at times, I didn't even realize that simple, excellent point of yours. {Hence, Why I'm not really good at debating and defending a point of view.} :cry:

That's why I'm trying my damndest to become an awesome trader...so that I can let my $money$ do the talking for me. :twisted: :smt029

G. (Who has an ethic. Of which I am very proud, keep it securely locked in a beautiful and expensive safe and parade it on special occasions)

hey, you know what!?! bacoazul has principles! And if you don't like them......he has others! :lol:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

rjmann

Postby rjmann » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 am

15 pips, I've been taking a trade like this almost every day. Gave up all other strategies. Week bias was in the wrong direction, but I felt pretty confident. On the 4 hour chart, it usuall works regardless. Also I don't do the stoploss, I would have been whipsawed out of this with a 10 pip stoploss.

SmellyTerror

Postby SmellyTerror » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 pm

TerminalIndicator wrote:This thing has got to go up and get some cheese at some point, right?

My favourite part was him posting "wipsaw" charts as if they were crushing failures. Thing is, these we solid wins for a green rat if you were actually following rat-rules. Not sure of the scale, but the couple of stops hit were paid for by a few decent runs and a scattering of quick scalps. By my count you should have a little in profit. And then of course the green rat was on his "ironman launch" at the end for even more.

Looks like another person not understanding the method.

bredin

Postby bredin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 am

Look at his last chart, it looks ok there but for a guy that claims to be able to pick extremes hes failed on that day by about 100 pips :lol:

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

erika_bb

Postby erika_bb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm

SB/TI has split personality. why come back 4 months later hating on TRO.
He has like 10 other personas.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:27 am

That's what I thought. Four mths ago he was making "those" claims about someone else whilst seeking TRO's help. He quickly became impatient and left. Then he comes back making the same claims against TRO.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 am

This is my first post here I think so I won't get into name calling too much but TN7 always comes across as such a T*T. Likewise with his endless tirades against FXCM and 'protecting newbies'. How come someone trading such large size is thinking about trading with them? And while not perfect there are FAR worse brokers out there he could bust his spleen berating.

Now the thing he's always banging on about but will never reveal as it's 'top secret' his price deltas etc. Well it very much sounds like, to me, that what he's inferring is a bit of calculus (maybe not even calculus, perhaps a bit of trigonometry could do it as we're talking about gradients):

Change of price against change in time i.e. gradients INSIDE a bar. Now say with an hour or 4 hour bar you can see this by looking at a smaller timeframe chart and marking lines for open, high, low and close (but with the problem of perception bias due to zoom level) but with 5 minute etc we're going to be down to ticks.

I think what he's talking about is that for a fixed time period n we will have a number of internal time periods which tell us direction and magnitude of momentum. With this we can know better (if after the calculus part stats are also run to gauge probabilites, which will take an age because as far as I can see it would have to be done live with tick data if, for example, that a pin bar really is a pin bar and not just a bar that looks like a pin bar. Say for a long, if it's a real pin bar time taken from open to low will be slow-ish as price meanders down , time from low to high or close is going to be very quick and price movement large as all those orders fire off at the trigger level.

So that's just for one bar but say for a green rat entry we'd probably also need to consider the previous bar - there could ba a large down red bar with a long tail followed by a small green bar. Long of the green bar could be a good entry, there again price may have already stalled and it's going back down. So, looking at price against time for last bar low to this bar open, last bar open to this bar low etc etd would also be relevent.

But even then, after you've got your indicator showing gradients you need to know the optimal gradient patterns and greadients to enter on, which ones are most likely statistically to succeed? And to know that you're going to have to run real-time stats. Once you have those stats they could be incorporated into your indicator - maybe if gradient from candle low to close is 60 degrees we have a 80% chance of a good trade entry that will take off but if the gradient is higher than 60 degrees price is likely to have moved too far too fast and be more likely to stall or fall etc etc etc.

I can kind of undertstand what he's getting at in his obtuse way, wouldn't it be nice to SEE something and stattistically know it's good from a quick peek at an indi rather than sitting there watching the movement of a bar unfold and then still not being really sure of what's going on? Whether it's actually of any use, well you'd have to do a LOT of hard work to find out wouldn't you? And someone just going on the interent and basically saying 'look how clever I am' isn't really very impressive.

Either spill the beans or shut your mouth, ya know? : :wink:

ajaymein

Postby ajaymein » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 am

newscalper wrote:This is my first post here I think so I won't get into name calling too much but TN7 always comes across as such a T*T. Likewise with his endless tirades against FXCM and 'protecting newbies'. How come someone trading such large size is thinking about trading with them? And while not perfect there are FAR worse brokers out there he could bust his spleen berating.

Now the thing he's always banging on about but will never reveal as it's 'top secret' his price deltas etc. Well it very much sounds like, to me, that what he's inferring is a bit of calculus (maybe not even calculus, perhaps a bit of trigonometry could do it as we're talking about gradients):

Change of price against change in time i.e. gradients INSIDE a bar. Now say with an hour or 4 hour bar you can see this by looking at a smaller timeframe chart and marking lines for open, high, low and close (but with the problem of perception bias due to zoom level) but with 5 minute etc we're going to be down to ticks.

I think what he's talking about is that for a fixed time period n we will have a number of internal time periods which tell us direction and magnitude of momentum. With this we can know better (if after the calculus part stats are also run to gauge probabilites, which will take an age because as far as I can see it would have to be done live with tick data if, for example, that a pin bar really is a pin bar and not just a bar that looks like a pin bar. Say for a long, if it's a real pin bar time taken from open to low will be slow-ish as price meanders down , time from low to high or close is going to be very quick and price movement large as all those orders fire off at the trigger level.

So that's just for one bar but say for a green rat entry we'd probably also need to consider the previous bar - there could ba a large down red bar with a long tail followed by a small green bar. Long of the green bar could be a good entry, there again price may have already stalled and it's going back down. So, looking at price against time for last bar low to this bar open, last bar open to this bar low etc etd would also be relevent.

But even then, after you've got your indicator showing gradients you need to know the optimal gradient patterns and greadients to enter on, which ones are most likely statistically to succeed? And to know that you're going to have to run real-time stats. Once you have those stats they could be incorporated into your indicator - maybe if gradient from candle low to close is 60 degrees we have a 80% chance of a good trade entry that will take off but if the gradient is higher than 60 degrees price is likely to have moved too far too fast and be more likely to stall or fall etc etc etc.

I can kind of undertstand what he's getting at in his obtuse way, wouldn't it be nice to SEE something and stattistically know it's good from a quick peek at an indi rather than sitting there watching the movement of a bar unfold and then still not being really sure of what's going on? Whether it's actually of any use, well you'd have to do a LOT of hard work to find out wouldn't you? And someone just going on the interent and basically saying 'look how clever I am' isn't really very impressive.

Either spill the beans or shut your mouth, ya know? : :wink:

I thought about studying into the formation of bars quite a while back, but was to lazy to look into it. :lol:

But, I think if you use the custom candle indicators to overlay a larger time frame on a smaller one, it would help to see how price reacted inside a particular bar...but of course you wouldn't be able to do it on a 1minute chart as far as I know.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”