2009.11.05 DRAIN THE BANKS - REV 9

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

gangsta1

Postby gangsta1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:07 pm

TRO did you say that you enter on the horizontal lines 10 pips apart if price reaches before a valid rat setup? Provided price is within 20 pips of the daily high/low of course.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

gangsta1

Postby gangsta1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm

TRO is there an alert for when price reaches 20 pips within the daily high/low?

The alert on "TRO2009_MP_HLC_PIPS" alerts when price reaches a certain threshold. I just want it so that it alerts when price reaches 20 pips of the daily high/low of the pairs I have selected on the indicator. Even more advantagous would be if it alerted only for red rats/green rats.

Thank you.

Kandi84

H1 sem indi

Postby Kandi84 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:20 pm

hello tro!

could u add a litte indicator that show when a semafor is on the H1 candle?

the most of the time i am on tf5 and it would be great when a little indi says "semafor on top or on the bottom on the curent H1 candle!

thank you!

best regards

sascha

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 pm

MultiPair Dashboard version

MultiMeter version

Is that what you had in mind?

Those are donational.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Kandi84

Postby Kandi84 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

yes great! that is it!

thanks!

kugan09

10 pips?

Postby kugan09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Below is a fairly crude diagram of an idea I've been playing with today after looking across some of TRO's (therumpledone)ideas, and I was wondering if anyone would know how easy/difficult it would be to code an expert advisor to backtest this, and possibly to automate it as a system?

Rather than using any specific time frame the buy sell orders are placed whenever the price has moved 10 pips, if a stop loss (set to 10) is hit, an order is placed in the direction of the price action again. If the take profit (also 10) is hit, another order is placed in the same direction.

I am fairly new to forex trading, so: if the idea is REALLY stupid, I'd really appreciate an explanation as to why.

From a rough look:

ON EUR/USD

20/01/10 0800GMT- 0836GMT 120 pips
19/01/10 2000GMT - 20/01/10 0800GMT 60 pips
19/01/10 0800GMT - 19/01/10 2000GMT 210 pips

However, 18/01/10 0800GMT - 19/01/10 0800GMT lost 110 pips.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (39.08 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (61.44 KiB) Viewed 6040 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

If the price moves up 10 pips what is the reason to exit and reenter at the same level? Unless, I don't understand you correctly. Wouldn't it be better to move the stop loss up 10 pips and continue to do that until you are stopped out?

kugan09

Postby kugan09 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:34 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:If the price moves up 10 pips what is the reason to exit and reenter at the same level? Unless, I don't understand you correctly. Wouldn't it be better to move the stop loss up 10 pips and continue to do that until you are stopped out?

Hi TRO, I just wanted to say I've been reading a lot of your posts and your work, the coding, explanations, and how you've conducted yourself with some of the pettiness on other forums has been an inspiration. Anyway:

You're right, moving the stop loss would be much better than exiting the trade; still locking in the profits without repaying the spread.

What do you think of the idea overall? Have similar things been tried before, and if so, how successful were they, or why did they fail? It was something I wanted to try after seeing the 10-pip lines on drain the banks rev. 9. From what I can tell it works fairly well, and in the time since I made that post (20/01/10 2020GMT - 21/01/10 - 0900 GMT) it's made around 110 pips.

Like I said I'm pretty new to forex, and am especially interested in testing this system out, perhaps via an expert advisor, as I see no reason why the system shouldn't stand up to back tests, and I'm curious to see how regular a losing day occurs. Also, considering the 10-pip movements aren't based on any time frame in particular, to cut down on screen time, efforts towards automation could be useful.

Do you have any advice as to where I might learn what would be necessary to program an E.A for this? It would be my first time, but I'm willing to learn.

Any comments, again, would be greatly appreciated.

Also TRO, yes I posted this in another forum and would be happy to delete the duplicate post: this one, or the one in the trading systems forum?

Thanks
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 5971 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Go to www.mql4.com to learn how to code MT4.

Mandarox

Postby Mandarox » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 am

Hello,
I'm trying to implement this strategy in an EA and have some questions.

Is it correct, that the Rat's zone should move sometimes in a day, because at the beginning, it's unknown what the day's high an low is? In metatrader backtest, it can watch in the future, it knows the zones....

In the reversal strategy, the steps are 20 pips. do they have to be in an fixed grid or could they shifted(for example +3 pips) and does it matter if the space is somtimes more than 20 pips, for example 25?

In the reversal strategy, no semafore is needed?

some questions in your description:

"1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY"
- one OPPORTUNITY per cross? what is when the close price of the bar is higher than the grid point(the 20 pip step)?

2) red/black candle closes

3) green/white candle closes - note the high price of the green/white candle

"4) enter long at the green/white candle's high price"
- i'm not sure, but it seems the win rate is higher if i dont wait for the high. is it ok to buy directly, after the green/white bar is closed? In an downtrend, it would be hard to get an takeprofit.

"5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS"
- would it better to choose the pips dynamicly, for example if volality is low, lower pips are better? (or higher, if higher)

"6) Take whatever profit you can. "
- what is with an trailing stop?

you say, timeframe on the reversal strategy doesn't matter, this is logical, because the fixed grid. But the red and green candle would have another behavour, would be shorter and so on.

The indicator "TRO_BZ_RAT" isn't contained.

Oh, questions over questions...

My current implementation seems to work(for the reversal strategy), the winning rate is arround 50% and the profit +/-0, 980 trades in 2009. I'm sure, that the imlementation isn't correct.

Greetings
English is not my native language

Return to “TheRumpledOne”