2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 pm

RESULTS
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:10 pm

MORE RESULTS

flinux

Postby flinux » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Have you got cheese on EU ? ;)
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:31 pm

IT HELPS TO KNOW WHEN STATISTICAL EXTREMES HAVE BEEN REACHED.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:17 pm

THIS IS HOW I KEEP TRACK OF RAT REVERSALS.

zulemara

Postby zulemara » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:34 pm

For the education of others and the opinion of TRO, I will present my strategy and how I have had success.

1. The most active time of the day is 8am-noon EST. most news is out by 10am, so I start trading around 10 depending on news. Heck I hardly even care about news because it makes the market move. I theorize that trading London open would work as well, but I haven't had an opportunity this week to trade it and test results.
2. If the price is within 20 pips of the high or low, I consider the pair in play
3. I trade entirely based on the setup of either red green, go long at previous high or green red, go short at previous low. If that means a reversal from the 20 pip range or a breakout of the 20 pip range, then so be it.
4. I am trading only the 1hr chart. I use a 30 pip SL. I take 50% at 10 pips and set BE to 1 pip. At 20 pips I set a 15 pip TS and at around 30 I set a 10 pip TS. Then I just let it ride with full TP set to 100 pips, but I don't expect to ever hit that except maybe during a crazy NFP day.

What I haven't figured out yet, is how to use the monitoring indicators along with my strategy. It might not work to use them at all. I don't mind flipping through the charts, it just takes longer to check for setups. I have been trading pretty much every pair.

This is what I've managed to nail down through all my testing. I am going to try using a tighter SL, but I know 10 pips is too tight on 1hr because I've seen multiple trades that would have closed and ended up coming back for a breakout.

I also look at the 1hr trend. There have been a couple trades where I wasn't sure, but looking at the trend, I jumped in, traded with the trend, and hit big pips. 129 this morning and 84 the other day.

I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions, or anything blatantly wrong with my own twist on DTB like a rat :-)

kc8flq

Multi pairs

Postby kc8flq » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 am

zulemara wrote:What I haven't figured out yet, is how to use the monitoring indicators along with my strategy.

Here's how I use them.

Dark blue indicates pairs near the high ready to short when the 20 trigger is there.
Dark gold indicates pairs near the low ready to long when the 20 trigger is there.

Tro, would it be useful to have a column showing overall candle length for the current candle along with an avg candle length/# bars? that way we could possibly see how much up or down space we have left to go on average?
Give a man a fish.... feed him for a day...
Teach a man to fish.... feed him for a LIFETIME!!!

pip168

Postby pip168 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 am

Hi Tro.

Could you please make Tro Rat D1 HL Breakout Indicator, which consist of Tro Rat & Reversal Strategy ?

qoute :
" 2. If the price is within 20 pips of the high or low, I consider the pair in play
3. I trade entirely based on the setup of either red green, go long at previous high or green red, go short at previous low. If that means a reversal from the 20 pip range or a breakout of the 20 pip range, then so be it."

Cheers,

=================

zulemara wrote:For the education of others and the opinion of TRO, I will present my strategy and how I have had success.

1. The most active time of the day is 8am-noon EST. most news is out by 10am, so I start trading around 10 depending on news. Heck I hardly even care about news because it makes the market move. I theorize that trading London open would work as well, but I haven't had an opportunity this week to trade it and test results.
2. If the price is within 20 pips of the high or low, I consider the pair in play
3. I trade entirely based on the setup of either red green, go long at previous high or green red, go short at previous low. If that means a reversal from the 20 pip range or a breakout of the 20 pip range, then so be it.
4. I am trading only the 1hr chart. I use a 30 pip SL. I take 50% at 10 pips and set BE to 1 pip. At 20 pips I set a 15 pip TS and at around 30 I set a 10 pip TS. Then I just let it ride with full TP set to 100 pips, but I don't expect to ever hit that except maybe during a crazy NFP day.

What I haven't figured out yet, is how to use the monitoring indicators along with my strategy. It might not work to use them at all. I don't mind flipping through the charts, it just takes longer to check for setups. I have been trading pretty much every pair.

This is what I've managed to nail down through all my testing. I am going to try using a tighter SL, but I know 10 pips is too tight on 1hr because I've seen multiple trades that would have closed and ended up coming back for a breakout.

I also look at the 1hr trend. There have been a couple trades where I wasn't sure, but looking at the trend, I jumped in, traded with the trend, and hit big pips. 129 this morning and 84 the other day.

I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions, or anything blatantly wrong with my own twist on DTB like a rat :-)

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:12 am

zulemara wrote:For the education of others and the opinion of TRO, I will present my strategy and how I have had success.

Tighter stops?

How about using TRO's 10 pip stop....if price continues to move against you then the loss was minimized. If price starts to build momentum in the direction of your original trade you can re-enter about the same place you exited which would put you in position to cover your original loss and also be in position for the breakout.

It's called pausing your trade but not giving up on your trade if the market is still favorable.

Funny I'm giving this advie but it makes perfect sense to me. Small losses, Big wins. Sounds like your hitting some good pips.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

zulemara

Postby zulemara » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:40 am

based on what I remember seeing in my trades, I think 15 pips is a better stop. I don't recall seeing any trades turn around from -15pips. I'll try that and see how I do

Return to “TheRumpledOne”