2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOshw4kIGR4

Yep.

Utterly, utterly sad.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks to MightyOne for posting this in another thread:

http://www.excaliburforex.com/Trading-Articles.html
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:46 pm

tfg wrote:Avery, two questions:

1. the entry price 1.3017 is above, not within, 20 pips of daily low. Is this still a valid trade?

2. The low wick of the signal candle is larger than 10 pips. I guess when the candle first appeared, price first went down, then it went back up to hit 1.3017 where you took the trade? Otherwise, it would have hit your 10 pips stop and therefore, a losing trade.

tfg

FIRST MY QUESTIONS TO YOU:

1. DID YOU LOOK AT THE TIME FRAME OF THE CHART?

2. WHAT DO THE RAT RULES SAY?

Now to answer your questions:

1. Those are H1 candles not M5. The trigger line is a H1 Rat Reversal.

Trading is REPETITIVE, SO ARE MY ANSWERS:

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

Naynay

Postby Naynay » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:08 am

I've noticed that the green rat trades usually give more reliable signals that the red rat trades. Any particular reason for this? Is this just the way the fx market works (i.e. lots of good signal and wick around the buy entries?)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Price within 20 pips of the daily low (ClLo <= 20) - that is OPPORTUNITY

Current price - current daily low is less than 20 pips.

=============================================

I get asked how do I decide which pair to trade. The market usually decides. What will I be trading today considering I am a GREEN RAT?

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 pm

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

Choose Your Advice Carefully

Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

F - Follow
O - One
C - Course
U - Until
S - Successful

- Pg 110 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

If the rat is beating you, you are the reason why.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 pm

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

tfg

Postby tfg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Avery, how do you get the price displayed in TRO2010_MP_HLC_PIPS?

I use the same indicator but I don't get a price column.

TheRumpledOne wrote:Image

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Sometimes you have to WAIT longer than others...

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Choose Your Advice Carefully

Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

F - Follow
O - One
C - Course
U - Until
S - Successful

- Pg 110 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

If the rat is beating you, you are the reason why.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm

tfg wrote:Avery, how do you get the price displayed in TRO2010_MP_HLC_PIPS?

I use the same indicator but I don't get a price column.

I am using the 2009 version.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”