2009.07.02 BACK TO BASICS - K.I.S.S.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

coolheat320

Postby coolheat320 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi,

I've attached the "2009.07.02 BACK TO BASICS - K.I.S.S." Indicator, but I'm getting loads of other lines as you can see below. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

I've added it as an attachment, for some reason I couldn't upload it to the post.

Thanks

Lance
Attachments
usdjpy chart right.gif
Chart
usdjpy chart right.gif (17.1 KiB) Viewed 6199 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi Lance,

Add a zero to the end of the interval numbers in the setting of the indi.

Your broker uses 5/3 digits. Original setting of the indi is for 4/2 digits broker.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

coolheat320

Postby coolheat320 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I'm still having a little trouble setting my chart up correctly, I've attached the indicator settings below. I've tried to add the zero's on to the settings, but I still can't get the chart to look right. Sorry to be a pain, I'm pretty new to all of this. Could you take a quick look at the settings & tell me where I'm going wrong? There is also another setting a the bottom which I couldn't fit into the picture, that is "LineStyleSub" which is set to "2".

Thanks in advance,

Lance

zapzinig

Postby zapzinig » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:32 pm

coolheat320 wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply.

I'm still having a little trouble setting my chart up correctly, I've attached the indicator settings below. I've tried to add the zero's on to the settings, but I still can't get the chart to look right. Sorry to be a pain, I'm pretty new to all of this. Could you take a quick look at the settings & tell me where I'm going wrong? There is also another setting a the bottom which I couldn't fit into the picture, that is "LineStyleSub" which is set to "2".

Thanks in advance,

Lance

change sublevels from 25 to 250

coolheat320

Postby coolheat320 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Thank you

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm

I modified the sweetspotsgold indicator to work with the extra decimal.
Attachments
SS_TRO_MOD.zip
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

coolheat320

Postby coolheat320 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks TRO, everything you do on here is greatly appreciated by me & everyone else, keep up the good work.

Lance

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:08 am

Hello :

I´ve been trying this on a demo with a risk-reward ratio of 1:1, mostly 10 pips tp & 10 pips sl,with good results; but it seems that if we use the upper line for TP and the lower one as SL, the results could also be very good; has anyone tried this way ? (or is this way how its supposed to be done?)

Thanks for sharing TRO
Carlos

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:40 am

csbueno wrote:Hello :

I´ve been trying this, with a risk-reward ratio of 1:1, mostly 10 pips tp & 10 pips sl, but it seems that if use the upper line for TP and the lower one as SL, the results could be so much better; has anyone tried this way ? (or it was how its supposed to be done')

Thanks TRO for sharing

Carlos

Just watch price and get as much screen time you can watching the momentum of the price pushing and pushing. If you see price stall you can close. Not good to let your stop become the last psych level because you are not going with the price flow. Just think about it, if you have a stop that far away, you speculate that price could turn around the opposite direction of your entered trade and 'then' go the way you want. Just go with flow and bail when price reverses. At least that's how I'm interpreting this method :)

Do a search and look at 'buzzard trades'. This could keep you in trades longer.

Hope I can help

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:48 am

pablo101 wrote:
csbueno wrote:Hello :

I´ve been trying this, with a risk-reward ratio of 1:1, mostly 10 pips tp & 10 pips sl, but it seems that if use the upper line for TP and the lower one as SL, the results could be so much better; has anyone tried this way ? (or it was how its supposed to be done')

Thanks TRO for sharing

Carlos

Just watch price and get as much screen time you can watching the momentum of the price pushing and pushing. If you see price stall you can close. Not good to let your stop become the last psych level because you are not going with the price flow. Just think about it, if you have a stop that far away, you speculate that price could turn around the opposite direction of your entered trade and 'then' go the way you want. Just go with flow and bail when price reverses. At least that's how I'm interpreting this method :)

Do a search and look at 'buzzard trades'. This could keep you in trades longer.

Hope I can help

Thanks, Ill look for it.

Carlos

Return to “TheRumpledOne”