2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

teongee

Postby teongee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:14 am

Hi jacal1,
I have made profits consistently using some of the indicators in DTB particularly semafors.
All credits and appreciation to TRO for his efforts and generosity.
I must say most of the time it is a game of discipline and patience.
I do not trade all semafor 3 when it appears particularly when the training wheel says "do not reverse" - select idiotmode to true to get a better warning.
Additionally I monitor pad and stop volume for my entry. =D>

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:36 am

teongee, I have changed to idiotmode see if i feel difference.

thanks for the reassurance.

lukx

Re: What exactly

Postby lukx » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 am

dragon33 wrote:
fxfxfx wrote:Hi dragon33,

How do you make your entry-decision @ the 2nd candle - dyn sr ?

can you please let me know ?

Do you only trade from 3-2/3-3 or do you also "surf" 2-2 ?

Thx in advance for your reply

Regards

fxfxfx

When the candle with the three on close. You wait for the other candle to close. Everybody try to catch the three immediately. No problem with that but before you do, you need to learn taking profit as soon as you have. A lot of people lose or BE just because they don't take profit (my mistake sometimes, but i know i'm not alone)
If you try to catch bigger runs you need to be (almost) sure the three is pinpoint on his place.
The next candle gives you 4 entrypoints (on H1) and you have a lot of decision time on this tmf. High, close, open and low are nice entry points.

The closer you get in after the three the smaller your SL will be. Risk ratio can be something like 1/5. You can also multiple entry and reduce your risk by playing with different lotsize and adding to your winning position. If you miss by hitting the SL you wait and reenter when same conditions are met as written above.
I trade very opportunity i see. 3-3 strong. 3-2 medium. 2-2 medium
3-2-2 strong. I suggest get in after a three and be ready to close when a number appears. If price is stopping get out and take what you can!

dragon, so you wait for 3 to appear on 1H, then wait for another one 1h candle to close after this 3 and then you go to 15m to enter? Or you wait for 1H with 3 sema close and you then go to 15m for another 1H 4x15M to wait for signal to enter?

OR

dragon33

Re: What exactly

Postby dragon33 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:18 am

lukx wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
fxfxfx wrote:Hi dragon33,

How do you make your entry-decision @ the 2nd candle - dyn sr ?

can you please let me know ?

Do you only trade from 3-2/3-3 or do you also "surf" 2-2 ?

Thx in advance for your reply

Regards

fxfxfx

When the candle with the three on close. You wait for the other candle to close. Everybody try to catch the three immediately. No problem with that but before you do, you need to learn taking profit as soon as you have. A lot of people lose or BE just because they don't take profit (my mistake sometimes, but i know i'm not alone)
If you try to catch bigger runs you need to be (almost) sure the three is pinpoint on his place.
The next candle gives you 4 entrypoints (on H1) and you have a lot of decision time on this tmf. High, close, open and low are nice entry points.

The closer you get in after the three the smaller your SL will be. Risk ratio can be something like 1/5. You can also multiple entry and reduce your risk by playing with different lotsize and adding to your winning position. If you miss by hitting the SL you wait and reenter when same conditions are met as written above.
I trade very opportunity i see. 3-3 strong. 3-2 medium. 2-2 medium
3-2-2 strong. I suggest get in after a three and be ready to close when a number appears. If price is stopping get out and take what you can!

dragon, so you wait for 3 to appear on 1H, then wait for another one 1h candle to close after this 3 and then you go to 15m to enter? Or you wait for 1H with 3 sema close and you then go to 15m for another 1H 4x15M to wait for signal to enter?

OR

This is the way how i do it.

You will not win every trade but the probability of the sema staying where it is is a lot bigger when you have the patience to wait. You trade untill you see another number on tmf you are trading of.

Remember don't make it to difficult. All you need is an horizontal line to trade. Observation is the main thing of trading. If you can't see when there are no more higher highs or lower lows then you have a problem.
The semafors indicato you on the H1 there is a probability this is the highest high.
Option 1: pull the trigger and make some profit
Option 2: Because you are watching the higher tmf seek for momentum on the lower ones.

I didn't understand the semas for a long time untill i started observing there behaviour for a few weeks. Now i can see always the same pattern in them. I let you see the next few days with examples. Things will be very simple to trade believe me.

Very tiny SL and major profits.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Is that why you wanted the 3LZZ with Fibs, Dragon?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:25 pm

There is are two phrases that appear that im not quite sure what it is warning

Strong LWP or Weak LWP

Im trying to find out what these mean by searching and watching carefully but I gather I may not be looking hard enough or not looking in the right place.
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 am

Dragon

I assume you watch fibs.

What is your observation about Pivots?

Thanks,

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:00 am

jacal1 wrote:There is are two phrases that appear that im not quite sure what it is warning

Strong LWP or Weak LWP

Im trying to find out what these mean by searching and watching carefully but I gather I may not be looking hard enough or not looking in the right place.

I put the link that explains those in the post where I uploaded the code.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 am

yay I found it Long Wicked candle Pattern

Did realize it was also part of a NickB method

wow seen a few of these strong and weak they are really good

gives me profit take expectations

shrapened the knife even more
Last edited by jacal1 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

leonyde

Postby leonyde » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 am

Hey there, Im experimenting with DTB since few weeks. I have tried many variant but I seem to be consistently losing no matter what I try.

I decided to start fresh, stop "experimenting" and strictly follow the main rules posted with the system - at least to avoid to be tempted to try everything at the same time and stay focused on only one method.

Do you have any tips about stop-losses? I really see how great this system is but I am unable to set a stop loss to make me in profit. What I mean is I don't lose, the system is 80-90% right for what I am looking for, just the SL get hit before I can take profit... So I assume that I am not setting it properly.

I have been around in the paltalk chat room and it seems that everybody has his own settings/way of doing things... Does anybody has few tips which happen to work profitably in the longterm on eur/usd?

Before that I was trading mostly without SL thinking that I will be able to stop my trades manually... but after 4 months of "success" a margin-call came to confirm that it might not be the best way to go...

(Thanks for everybody who put their inputs and advice on this forum, I learned a lot since I am around here...)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”