2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:43 pm

GOLD numbers/lines are the BREAKOUT TARGETS.

Long/midterm trading... you have to adjust the triggers.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

victor21

Postby victor21 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Ok, what would be your triggers ? 20 pips ? currently it's 6 pips, i understand that is too early, so what your estimation ?

And if you have time, could you answer others questions ?

Thanks again !

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

You would have to try different triggers to see what works for you. I don't know.

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:12 pm

victor21 wrote:Hi ,

Thanks TRO for the indicators, very helpfull !!

I wonder how to use your system for the long/mid term, i tried to enter with the 3 sema, to another 3 sema, but alone that suicid !!, i used VSA (vsa rsx bars mostly), and COH,GWTF,keyREV history for the trigger... mostly keyrev...

You can find some very useful, relevant recent posts in the Never Lose Again thread.

In general, when going from 3-sema to 3-sema, you wait for a 3-sema to settle before entering, since it tends to break out a lot. Try that for starters. It's like good wine: needs time to mature :shock:

victor21

Postby victor21 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Agree wth that, but sometime even if i wait a lot a counter trend break mey trade :(
Not all the wines need to mature ... :lol:

So i'm looking for a good indicator to know when it's safer to enter the trade .... a trigger seems random ..

fxfxfx

Stopping Volume Indicator

Postby fxfxfx » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 pm

victor21 wrote:Agree wth that, but sometime even if i wait a lot a counter trend break mey trade :(
Not all the wines need to mature ... :lol:

So i'm looking for a good indicator to know when it's safer to enter the trade .... a trigger seems random ..

Maybe try it with the Stopping Volume Indicator...
But this also results in less trades (But not the quantity is important - it is the quality) - It is up to you...

Give it a try and do not try to trade during news or shortly after...

Just my 2cents

Cheers

fxfxfx

aussiefx

Breakout...

Postby aussiefx » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:GOLD numbers/lines are the BREAKOUT TARGETS.

Long/midterm trading... you have to adjust the triggers.

So TRO, is that what we're aiming for if price goes above the red lines or below the blue lines?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes.

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:26 pm

WOW TRO I have been reading some of your post on other forums and have been silent follower I am just now trying this DTB and I'm very amazed on how it fits my trading mentality

I have always been aggressive scalper on reversals and this DTB supports me in very way gives options to trade the 5m while using the semafor on 15m as my loss and if its tight trade use 1h as back up loss

started a mini at $2.80 just so i could have 1c per tick mini is now $3.56 after 7 trades using the 5m

I am stoked and going to be trading DTB on my full account

once again ty for your generosity
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

seanmcgu

Postby seanmcgu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 am

Hello, All

I've been reading like a crazy man for the last three weeks trying to get everything TRO related under my belt but I fear I've only scratched the surface. Wow! Nice work, Avery. Do you ever sleep? I don't see how you could find the time, besides a few catnaps on the beach in Cabo. Lol.

In the past, I traded futures end-of-day for three years and then daytraded for another three. Problem was, seems every time I'd get in, the brokers would call their friends and drive price to my stop, then laugh and laugh as they went back the way I had initially picked. Near the end, I was pretty good at breaking even, but that just didn't pay the bills, so back to cubicle-land I went.

Well, it's 2 1/2 years later and guess what? I'm ready to break out again (hopefully this time for good!) and give Forex a try. Near the end of my previous run, I had just started looking into Forex but just didn't have the capital to make a proper run at it (those pesky mortgage people can be so, well, pesky!) I'm still working a day job but with Forex, I now have the opportunity to trade after I get home. Nice!

I know I'm going to have some questions (one of which is just below), so please bear with me, but I'm pretty tech savvy and two of the main things I've learned over the years with regards to trading is...patience and perseverance!

And if there's ever a success story that TRO could hang his hat on, I hope it will be mine!

Now for my question: I've run into this a few times already and not sure how, or if, I should trade it. In the setup below, I was getting "Ok to Short" AND "DO NOT REVERSE" at the same time and right after that shot was taken, price did come down 11 pips from 1.41210 to 1.41101, so I could have grabbed a few right there but with the conflicting signals, I did not take the trade. Should I have?

Thanks for this and the other forums here and cheers,

.....Sean

gl/gt

PS: Avery, what are the hours for your PalTalk room? I'm in the Pacific time zone and was wondering if I'd be able to catch you outside of my 8:00 - 5:00 job hours.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”