2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:06 am

Oh now hes attacking peoples faith and calls us a bunch of nitwits being successful in our own way and then plugs his own success without realy sharing anything hmm did we just see a commercial I though I just saw a plug in there somewhere.

Hopefully you stay where you belong and I know TRO gona keep it cordial cuz its just him. But for me people like you is whats wrong with this world too many know it alls and not enough open mindedness from the looks of it you didnt even bother reading half of the important information here just wagging your tongue cuz you so full of yourself.

At the end of it all, its great to see that all you were here for is to advertise how great you are at algos.

I was right you did get burned and dont have the #$@^ to admit it so you find another way of making up for your stupidity by telling us that you suck as a trader but a good programer well funny cuz we have a great programmers and a great traders on this forum.

So Andypeters I hope you and your algos continue to find success but next time you want to advertise maybe you should stop telling potential clients that they are stupid and blind!

Again dear fellow traders excuse me for my transgressions, really irks me when people like these muddy up clean water, but hey everyone is entitled their peice here at kreslik right!

DTB!!

PS Im gona pray that andy gets whats coming to him! sorry just cant resist its the conditioned Christian in me :twisted: No seriously I'm going to :P
Last edited by jacal1 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:06 am

andypeters wrote:As I've PM'd TRO, this was never meant to be a personal attack on what he does but to throw in my two penneth that indicators don't help. I appreciate that they're only meant to be indicators and shouldnt be thought of as definitive BUY or SELL signs but nevetheless you'd all get as good results in the longrun by tossing a coin at any point.
It may appear to you that the indicator has helped but in fact it probably hasn't and the fact that it doesn't help 100% makes your conditioned response to its efficacy even stronger. Just look back at the work done in the 50s on conditioning.

If you believe in TA then thats fine and I'm sure you'll go to bed more relaxed which is nice. It's like those Christians who pray and who believe their prayers help. I'm sure there are times when it appears their prayers do help but the reality is, they don't. And still after 2000 years, Christians pray. Just shows the power of conditioning. I'm sure in 2000 years there will be those who still believe TA works.

There's no point in continuing this line of argument however because if you believe in prayers, then I doubt very much any argument will change your mind. We'll just have to agree to disagree and I'm happy with that. And if in the short term your CVFT66X?? indicator works for you, then praise the lord, prayers do work !!

For the record, I'm a totally crap trader, although I've had a lot of success trading pairs and still do that. But I've had a great deal of success writing automated algos that run on Betfair, the betting exchange and that's how I make my living. Not flogging the algos, which I wouldnt do in a million years, but using them and taking advantage of inefficiencies in numerous of their markets.

Best of luck to you all and I really do applaud what TRO is doing but don't think for one minute TA will help you in the longrun. Have fun.

PS. Read 'Fooled by randomness' by N Taleb

Take a look at this site: www.datatime.eu/public/gbot/

Quote:

First of all forget about the possibility to "predict"price direction. Just think, if one would be able to forecast the next 3 minutes, he could easily take over the planet! Second, forget about indicators and ?signals?. They do not work, statistically speaking. You are 50/50.

The best strategies are based on creating the "structural" conditions to statistically obtain a profit. This can be achieved in several ways and different ideas can be explored.

Read: THE CREATOR AND THE COSMOS by Hugh Ross, PH.D.

It is heavy science that points to intelligent design.

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 am

Hey, we'll just keep doing what works: its no matter to me what andypeter does or does not do.

G
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

flinux

Postby flinux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:17 am

andypeters wrote:As I've PM'd TRO, this was never meant to be a personal attack on what he does but to throw in my two penneth that indicators don't help. I appreciate that they're only meant to be indicators and shouldnt be thought of as definitive BUY or SELL signs but nevetheless you'd all get as good results in the longrun by tossing a coin at any point.
It may appear to you that the indicator has helped but in fact it probably hasn't and the fact that it doesn't help 100% makes your conditioned response to its efficacy even stronger. Just look back at the work done in the 50s on conditioning.

If you believe in TA then thats fine and I'm sure you'll go to bed more relaxed which is nice. It's like those Christians who pray and who believe their prayers help. I'm sure there are times when it appears their prayers do help but the reality is, they don't. And still after 2000 years, Christians pray. Just shows the power of conditioning. I'm sure in 2000 years there will be those who still believe TA works.

There's no point in continuing this line of argument however because if you believe in prayers, then I doubt very much any argument will change your mind. We'll just have to agree to disagree and I'm happy with that. And if in the short term your CVFT66X?? indicator works for you, then praise the lord, prayers do work !!

For the record, I'm a totally crap trader, although I've had a lot of success trading pairs and still do that. But I've had a great deal of success writing automated algos that run on Betfair, the betting exchange and that's how I make my living. Not flogging the algos, which I wouldnt do in a million years, but using them and taking advantage of inefficiencies in numerous of their markets.

Best of luck to you all and I really do applaud what TRO is doing but don't think for one minute TA will help you in the longrun. Have fun.

PS. Read 'Fooled by randomness' by N Taleb

Take a look at this site: www.datatime.eu/public/gbot/

Quote:

First of all forget about the possibility to "predict"price direction. Just think, if one would be able to forecast the next 3 minutes, he could easily take over the planet! Second, forget about indicators and ?signals?. They do not work, statistically speaking. You are 50/50.

The best strategies are based on creating the "structural" conditions to statistically obtain a profit. This can be achieved in several ways and different ideas can be explored.

I apologize if my world vision is not so liberal than others one, and I apologize if this word are off-topic as andypeters ones.

If you want to talk about trading, ok.
But I _FORBID_ you to talk about Christianity.
If you are not a believer, keep it to yourself.
Also if you are not earning money using TRO indicators/system, it's a your problem, and you CAN'T generally say: "hey.. TRO indicators is just voodoo and in the long run doesn't works".
Keep up the facts and at least say: "For me TRO indicators doesn't work".

I hope I expressed myself well in English, if not: I'll rewrite this thing in the language most congenial to me.

Have a nice day.

andypeters

Postby andypeters » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:21 am

The website I pointed to has nothing to do with me and the last thing I'd do is to advertise or sell or loan any of the algorithms I use.

Come to think of it, TA is really a religion in many senses and I can see that people who believe in the concept of a god would believe in this stuff too.

And TRO is your messiah.

Will he go to TA heaven if crucified, d'you think ?

flinux

Postby flinux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 am

I talk only about facts.
For me is profitable.

_No messiah._

We are not talking about "believe".
I talk about MY ACCOUNT. Not your one. Not others one.

Other system for me are not profitable.
If one person can earn money using MACD, then good for him.
What is profitable for me, is not necessarily profitable for you.

That's all.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

andypeters

Postby andypeters » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:53 am

But you're missing the point. Their success or failure is nothing to do with the indicators they use. It is an illusion.
They would be just as successful or unsuccessful flipping a coin. Like religion though, if you believe it helps you, then so be it. Religious dogma too is based on illusion and why it's a good comparison.

flinux

Postby flinux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:07 pm

1) If for you GOD, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT, is a dogma, I DON'T CARE. For me is THE TRUTH. So use another parallelism. Again, we're talking here about trading.
2) Statistically talking DTB method & indicators give you more than 50%-50% chances. And if it's true that market don't care about my trading, it's also true that pick the right price movement direction avoid you to open random positions.
3) Always statistically speaking, those who are dealing with the methods listed in this forum are more winners than losers.

These are all empirical evidence. Since nobody has a magic wand, it is better to follow the methods that give more chance of success. TRO methods is one of the methods.

I know it. I master it. I use it. I earn with it.

Nothing else matters.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

andypeters

Postby andypeters » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Whatever rocks your boat flinux. By being a good christian you'll get your reward in heaven anyway.

Best of luck. Which is exactly what your trading is based on.......

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:45 pm

andypeters wrote:But you're missing the point. Their success or failure is nothing to do with the indicators they use. It is an illusion.
They would be just as successful or unsuccessful flipping a coin. Like religion though, if you believe it helps you, then so be it. Religious dogma too is based on illusion and why it's a good comparison.

THIS IS A WARNING!

Stick to talking about TRADING in trading threads.

Failure to do so will result in BANISHMENT.

Now, I don't want anymore of this in my threads.

Feel free to carry on the debate about indicators, systems, etc...

As far as "luck" goes:

You can control the size of your loss (skill) but you can't control the size of your win (luck).
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”