2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 pm

hmm sorry bout your trades indigo the prices did return but who would have known!

As I said befoe I must have been lucky with DTB last month as this month has been awash with losses so needed to reexamine myself.

First lets try to resolve your issue looked at the my 3 majors G/U, E/U and U/J got positive trades on waiting on close on next candle after semafore candle here is what I got over night (love these all nighter studies).

As for Daily they are helpful in helping you decide if you are on a short position all day or a long position but even this is a sham when using DTB because we want to get in and out. Remember TRO himself says it not important what has happened its what is happening now.... not in those exact words but you know what I mean.

I hope you dont give up on DTB remember with adversary there is acomplishments waiting on the other side, sometime you need to get hit in the face first before you learn more.

I guesse with all my winning last month I failed to keep learning once I thought I was using it right as my lucky trades were greater than my good trades!!

But hey to me DTB is still champ!! (now if I could just convince wifey its not frivoulous computer game :P )

Oh and what TRO I believe is saying is that if semafore keeps moving go with the the sema its not the DTB training plan but it is another of its uses as the semas do give you the resistance limits, I have started to do this on some trades but not many and maybe post results if i get a thorough step by step method.

DTB!! I'm starting to like it both ways!! :twisted:
Attachments
dtb.gif
AS you can see you could have gotten prices at next candle (1.64168) but being so narrow I would not suggest it but I did grab it! either way it would have been positive. 5pips+ got 20 pips
dtb.gif (10.51 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
dtb1.gif
this was a little more positive and nice to have sometimes as it responds quicker than G/U as you can see next candle close would still be 5pips+
dtb1.gif (10.25 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
dtb2.gif
U/J was the smallest pip return per trade but i did get 3 really tight trade had to be 5pips no more as U/J has such tight range but when it hit new low and h4 had 3sema and daily is a 2 sema I knew I could ride this bugger a little more.
dtb2.gif (12.24 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BlackPearl

Postby BlackPearl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Very nice Jacal! What is the significance of 1's, 2's and 3's against one another. Do 3's have a higher probability of being good trades vs. 1's?

BP

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:22 pm

trading the 3 semafore for reversal will garner the greater pips 1 and 2 will garner pips also but higher rate of risk IMO to consider and alot more paying attention to the smaller TF.

you must understand that TRO wanted to create something that was almost infallaible when it came to signaling but what it cannot do is garuntee the market but it can surley take a majority of the guesse work away.

ei before DTB how did i know that it has hit bottom or top? nothing i could look around and digest what all the other indicators are telling me but those are lagging and that is why we can be thankful for DTB telling us the now of things.

the ok to short or long signals are there but you must remember that the market is dynamic and changing and that is what the semas give us shows us the limits of where the market may go.

as i said lucky last month awful this first half learning and searching for my mistakes and hey i still have a week and a half this month, poor banks gona go get my winnings back and more!!

hope u find your way too!!

DTB!!
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

BlackPearl

Postby BlackPearl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Look at the GPB/USD Daily chart, it's got a nice head and shoulders chart formation under completion. Now lets see if we get "3" on the sell side of one of the upcoming 1H candles. That would be nice!

BP

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:39 am

Indigo

What time frame is the chart above you entered on?

Knowing/guessing when there is a retracement vs a reversal is very difficult and the key to the vault or to draining the wrong account. And it can all happen so fast.

Are you trading demo or live? If live, you might consider trading mini lots so you have real money on the line.

Keep Learning and asking questions.

MO, looking at the charts above, what do you see?

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 am

yep only got 1 sema on that double top but short it anyway and then added a smaller lot when next candle was closed bearish, a lucky trade and a good trade all on one sema total 60pips.

sharpening, sharpening, sharpening!!

DTB!!

ps

funny though almost same type action early tokyo yesterday!! deja vu!!

Indigo

Postby Indigo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Patch

I am trading live with Alpari UK, and was doing mostly OK before this mistake. I posted 3 charts, in this thread from that trade, firt the M15 I entered on, then the D1 and H1 charts in response to a question about whether I had checked them.

I think I need to work on my overall strategy and always accept the pre-determined stop loss amount, entering it at the same time as my order.

In this case, I had no stops, watched a smallish drawdown, but thought, I should wait for it to move according to expectation. But then it began running and I got caught by re-quotes and all that non-sense.

So, I based my SL amount on what I had seen measuring the open of the candle after the semafore and it's greatest drawdown before going into profit. Problem there is, when you look backwardds you don't know if the semaphore moved to that position, in which cases the measurement is misleading. I've been thinking somewhere between 10 and 20 PIPS, but I still haven't firmed that up.

In the end, all I need on average pertrading day is 20 PIPS, but so far I have found that difficult. I suppose with more experience (I hope), I'll develop an un-quantifiable feel for the price action by just looking at, as some more experienced traders say they have.

Is anyo9ne making consistant average gain in PIPS, and isf so, how are you doing it?

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Indigo

Just about to head for work. I've been watching USDJPY M5, H1, D1 this morning. I am going to research this pair for the daily buyzone entry and exit. I've snapped several chart shots and will post them here tonight. We figure out an edge, we will have an advantage.
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Indigo

Postby Indigo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Patch

The Buy Zone is a donational indicator, correct? Have you had success using it?

lukx

Postby lukx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm really starting to see the light... all this time I was denying it but I finally saw it... I can tell you guys so also you can see it for all of you that can;t see it :)... YOU CAN'T SIMPLY WIN IN LONG RUN:) AT THE END YOU WILL ALWAYS LOOSE MONEY TO THE BROKERS. The only way to make money in forex is to open broker company and suck money out from suckers like us :)

Return to “TheRumpledOne”