2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

foreman01

Re: Little index

Postby foreman01 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Answer to the last poster. This was posted a few pages before you asked how to do it. It fact almost everyday somebody asks ... Its almost as if nobody even browses the forum topics.
Matteo wrote:...
Hoping this to be useful for other newbies like me:

- Anatomy of DTB
- 03.2009 The draining continues
- 04.2009 DTB rev 06
- 05.2009 DTB rev 07

Then about Volume:

- 06.2009 Volume Spread Analysis
- 06.2009 Stopping Volume

:wink:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm

foreman01

Good observation.

I've learned from TRO, MO, es / pip and others to encourage independence and independent investigation using the "search" function on this site and the "help" function on software such as MT4, TS and others. I don't think we should answer a question that can easily be looked up. In fact I've gotten in the habit to look the item up on Kreslik in the search before I answer it with the answer or the search suggestion. I know it is sometimes a sherlock holmes to find one of TRO indicators, what a great problem to have. We want to grow up thinking traders as MO says in so many ways. Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

petepete8859

How do I get "Drain the Banks": to work

Postby petepete8859 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm not asking how DTB works, I'm asking How do I get it to run on my platform.... I use MT4, and I have unzipped the DTB files and placed all of the files in my EA folder, and they all show up there, but when I try to drag one of the files onto one of the charts, nothing happens. Which file(s) do I need to run? I have read thru all of the previous posts and can find no explanation as to how to actually get the program up and running.... just how to use it once it is running. thank you.

foreman01

Postby foreman01 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 pm

copy the MQ4 files to ... MT4\experts\indicators
copy the template files to ...MT4\templates

exit Mt4, then restart

It ought to work at that point

PTG

Re: How do I get "Drain the Banks": to work

Postby PTG » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm

petepete8859 wrote:I'm not asking how DTB works, I'm asking How do I get it to run on my platform.... I use MT4, and I have unzipped the DTB files and placed all of the files in my EA folder, and they all show up there, but when I try to drag one of the files onto one of the charts, nothing happens. Which file(s) do I need to run? I have read thru all of the previous posts and can find no explanation as to how to actually get the program up and running.... just how to use it once it is running. thank you.

"in my EA folder,"

It might help if you could provide the actual directory you have put them in.

Note that indicators should be placed into the experts/indicators directory and templates into the template directory that is on the same level as the experts directory.

Hope this helps. If not, remember to provide as much info as possible so that people can help you in as little time as possible, which in turn increases your chance to be helped :wink:

PTG

Postby PTG » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 pm

foreman01 wrote:copy the MQ4 files to ... MT4\experts\indicators
copy the template files to ...MT4\templates

exit Mt4, then restart

It ought to work at that point

Indeed 8)

bobbypips

Postby bobbypips » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:24 am

Hi everyone, I have actually asked this question for the 3rd time. Maybe if I am asking incorrectly, someone can enlighten me please?

to Mr TRO or anyone who knows the answer in this forum thread, thanks for your help in advance. Can you advise me on this question please? Thanks a lot.

In DTB, we would wait for the Ask Line to touch the trigger (if going long) and Bid Line to touch the trigger (if going short)?

Or do we just use Bid Line all the way for everything on the DTB triggers?

Thanks a lot

Bob

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Ask line for long, Bid line for short.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 pm

would the 'Drain The Banks' strategy be good even for someone trading forex with a $500 dollar account, or around how much do you think would be needed to pull $50 dollars a day from the forex using hte ' Drain The Banks strategy?

thanks

10pipsman

Re: Good day

Postby 10pipsman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:32 am

fxfxfx wrote:
Will code an EA which will give me pre-signals (e-mail or audio) for 3 sema and confirming signal (2Shift candle is a 3 sema and 1Shift candle is not a 3sema) because I have to work and I often do not have the time to look at the charts.

If anyone is also interested - let me know - I will take you to the waiting-list and e-mail it once it is finished.

fxfxfx

Still reading most of the posts here, as I am just a newbie. Can't help but reply and wanted to make a request for a copy of this EA.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”