2009.06.07 VOLUME SPREAD ANALYSIS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jefe

Postby jefe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 am

TRO,
I've read the VSA links, I believe I understand the theory behind the indicators, the crrelation between price spread and volume activity,

but please be so kind to clarify 2 questions for me:

1) the arrows- do they appear as soon as conditions are met? or only at end/beggining of bar?
2) at the pic below, there is an arrow up on multimeter at the current bar, but no the chart its the previous, with #3 semafor. why is that?
3)On multimeter, H1 is purple at the same time. Are these conflicting messages? going up and a reversal?

Regards.
FxT.
Attachments
vsa q2.gif
vsa q2.gif (12.57 KiB) Viewed 6950 times

johnsund

Postby johnsund » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but have read about stop hunting on investopedia. Author suggests putting a line at 15 pips above and below the primary psyhchological of 0000, with a recommended trading method. TRO, have you created an indicator that would do this? Stop hunting keeps coming up on the 2% club, and several people directed me to investopedia for an overview. Thanks - as always.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:29 pm

You can use the sweetspot gold indicator to plot lines every 5 or 10 pips.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

real_rover

Postby real_rover » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 am

PTG wrote:Meanwhile, trading with Navigator works for me. I use ATC MT4 data, which has a similar feed (and spreads) to MBT. No spikes though 8)

Why don't you trade with ATC? They MT4 is feeded by ECN, so they are a "perfect broker" (theoretically). I'm thinking about opening a live account with them and would be grateful getting any additional information about them...

PTG

Postby PTG » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 am

real_rover wrote:
PTG wrote:Meanwhile, trading with Navigator works for me. I use ATC MT4 data, which has a similar feed (and spreads) to MBT. No spikes though 8)

Why don't you trade with ATC? They MT4 is feeded by ECN, so they are a "perfect broker" (theoretically). I'm thinking about opening a live account with them and would be grateful getting any additional information about them...

I have the impression that there's not much difference between the feeds of ATC and MBT. Issue with ATC is that they don't have Navigator :shock: Also, TRO is an IB for MBT which means that a) he gets a part of the profit as a reimbursement for the very helpful information that I get based on his efforts here and b) I get extra goodies that only people who use TRO as an IB get :D

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:51 pm

PTG, You "spilled the beans".

Now the "secret" is out!!

LOL

real_rover

Postby real_rover » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 am

PTG wrote:I have the impression that there's not much difference between the feeds of ATC and MBT. Issue with ATC is that they don't have Navigator :shock: Also, TRO is an IB for MBT which means that a) he gets a part of the profit as a reimbursement for the very helpful information that I get based on his efforts here and b) I get extra goodies that only people who use TRO as an IB get :D

Thanks for the answer, PTG. First time I hear from somebody that he prefers Navigator :). So this reason sounds really bizarre :). The second reason looks completely justified. Just in case, I'd thank TRO very much for his contribution to FOREX community. I'm trying to apply his technics and indicators and have some success. His indicators are truly amazing. However sometimes it's hard to understand how to apply them properly due to well... hmm... lack of clear guidance how to use them...

Regarding ATC, I like their feed and MT4, but don't know if they are reliable in financial sense. If MBT had MT4 with ECN feed, I wouldn't think twice, considering their reputation and TRO's connection to them. I'd like to get his donational stuff too :). I hope MBT will finally launch their MT4 soon, because I'm planning to go live in a few months...

Best regards.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:37 am

I prefer the NAVIGATOR. I have been using it for years. I trade from the Market Depth window and use features that other platforms don't have. No, I won't spill the beans, but people who have me as their IB know and they are sworn to secrecy!!

Even when MBT brings MT4 online, I will still use the NAVIGATOR.

real_rover

Postby real_rover » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:19 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:I prefer the NAVIGATOR. I have been using it for years. I trade from the Market Depth window and use features that other platforms don't have. No, I won't spill the beans, but people who have me as their IB know and they are sworn to secrecy!!

Even when MBT brings MT4 online, I will still use the NAVIGATOR.

Well, TRO, you almost convinced me to try Navigator again. Couple of hours spent learning it couple of months ago left kinda bitter taste... But, honestly, I don't quite understand why charting with MT4 and trading through Navigator via ECN could be better than charting and trading via ECN via the same application as MT4. If in both cases feed is truly provided via ECN, what other benefits could justify using of cumbersome 2 apps setup? Lower comission? Better liquidity? What other features? Is it worth to learn and use Navigator platform, if we ignore your already acquired knowledge and habits? Would you still recommend to learn from scratch and use it along with MT4?

Sorry, if I ask too much. But I'm seriously trying to make my live brokerage choice well-informed. I tried several dealing desk brokers and really don't like their tricks. So ECN-based one is the only option. Currently, I see only 3 options: ATC with MT4, FXOpen with MT4 and MBT with Navigator. I'd be very grateful getting your opinion. I understand that MBT is your choice due to your business relationships, so give me (and certainly many other people here) good reasons to learn Navigator :). Thank you.

(Looks like this post is already off-topic. Sorry about that. Hope moderator will move it to a proper location.)

Best regards.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”