2009.03.26 NO MERCY!!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

incomesolution

Buyzone works best for you...

Postby incomesolution » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:02 pm

winny wrote:Though I personally find that the Buyzone works best for me, I tried this DTB system last hour. I took 2 trades, long above 1,3227, closed with 18 pips net profit. Immediately after that went short, just closed with 7 pips net profit. Total 250 usd in the pocket within 1 hour.

NO MERCY !
(ha, I like these chosen words TRO)

Hi Winny,

Since you mention that the Buyzone works best for you. Do you enter at the top of the hour and enter as soon as the price reaches the trigger-point or do you wait for a few candles to pass to see the price action?

Appreciate any insight you can offer...

Regards,
Al

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

winny

Re: Buyzone works best for you...

Postby winny » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm

incomesolution wrote:[

Hi Winny,

Since you mention that the Buyzone works best for you. Do you enter at the top of the hour and enter as soon as the price reaches the trigger-point or do you wait for a few candles to pass to see the price action?

Appreciate any insight you can offer...

Regards,
Al

Hello Al,

Have a look at my last post at "rule of thumb".
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1720&start=10

Yes, I look at the top of the hour, but I only enter when price hits trigger, the 1 hour candle goes in same direction, and I personally want the whole thing to be confirmed by the trend. This is also my trailing stop. For this you have several options. I personally like Toptrend and Snake for the MT platform. During the hour I only trade in the direction of the trend, the 1 hour candle and in the direction of the zone. That means I only take shorts below the red lines (sellzone) and I only take longs above the blue lines (buyzone). The strategy works best during London opening hours. At least for me it does. I also have to mention that I prefer futures trading, but the DTB system that TRO recently came up with is a pretty nice thing for MT platform.

incomesolution

Postby incomesolution » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:35 am

Thanks for the quick reply Winny
Very helpful information and congratulations on your success!

Can you tell me more about your SL (the ebook suggests 7 pips)
Also, how you use the trend to determine your trailing stop?

Regards,
Al

aerorider

Postby aerorider » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm

:D Good morning,

This is my first post. I must begin by thanking you, TRO, for this great forum, your trading tools, and your comments and responses here.

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice that you're giving away ideas, work, and product - goods and services - which far surpass the junk many people sell for a great deal of money.

I believe you could call this "Pay It Forward." At any rate, it is a pleasure to be associated with someone who operates in this manner. I'd bet you're well blessed as a consequence.

I see other signs of good character here. I've concluded that some with good character were born that way and raised right, but most did it the hard way - earning it through the exercise of bad decisions, noticing the consequences, and making an effort to improve themselves. Either way, good for us all.

Here's my question.

I'm studying DTB and applying its use to my demo account and becoming familiar with its operation.

I observe that I can not see the bars of the most recent periods because they are covered fully or partially with little boxes containing the prices.

The boxes contain information of great value and utility, but is it possible that the boxes be moved in a horizontal direction to the right making all the bars completely visible?

Let me thank you again. This is a very fine place to be.

Jim

winny

Postby winny » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:13 pm

incomesolution wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Winny

Regards,
Al

I assume you use MT platform,
Now for this I personally like TRO's Toptrend and the Snake.
This is my trailing stop. Please have a look at the chart that I refered you yesterday. In pic 3 you see the buyzone together with Toptrend and Snake. You see that Toptrend points up, Snake points up and Buyzone is triggered. You take that trade. Your stop would not be the other side of the buyzone, but when either toptrend is hit, or snake turns, whatever you feel comfortable with. My friend, this works.

incomesolution

Postby incomesolution » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:29 pm

winny wrote:

Regards,
Al

This is my trailing stop. Please have a look at the chart that I refered you yesterday. In pic 3 you see the buyzone together with Toptrend and Snake. You see that Toptrend points up, Snake points up and Buyzone is triggered. You take that trade. Your stop would not be the other side of the buyzone, but when either toptrend is hit, or snake turns, whatever you feel comfortable with. My friend, this works.

Thanks Winny,

Yes...I'm using the MT platform

I found the TRO version of of Toptrend in my donational indicators. My version of Snake looks different than your's. Can you post your version please.

I'm going to load this up and try it tonight...

Thanks for your help!

Al

winny

Postby winny » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:02 pm

incomesolution wrote:
Yes...I'm using the MT platform

I found the TRO version of of Toptrend in my donational indicators. My version of Snake looks different than your's. Can you post your version please.

I'm going to load this up and try it tonight...

Thanks for your help!

Al

I include snake indicator, but I think its the same as you already have.
You better try to enjoy the larger moves in the zone, for this you better trade during London opening hours. Just try, I am sure that somehow down the road you will develop your own trading style. But you should knot make things to complicated. If you do, you will end up with the rest of the 95.
Attachments
SnakeForce.mq4
(6.02 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm

For the record, I didn't write TopTrend... I just modified it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

kahoonya

Postby kahoonya » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm

rowdy

Postby rowdy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:56 am

winny wrote:

Regards,
Al

Thanks Winny, I want to study this further. I really appreciate you giving such details. This morning was interesting. At the London Open, all the signals said go long and you were right. You could have had a nice 8 pip scalp. However, then the trend topped out and moved the other direction. Scrictly by your rules, it would be difficult to take the reverse trade because by the time toptrend and snake said go short, you were already out of the sell zone. However, if you had taken that trade you would have absolutely cleaned house! So I am curious, did you take the reverse trade anyway?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”