2009.03.17 TRO - NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pgtips

Re: 2009.03.17 TRO - NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

Postby pgtips » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:15 pm

:sigh:
I asked in the first post "what changed from 1999 till now. Clearly I understood it evolved but no matter how many posts I try to trawl through all the answers are not there, many (all) have been deleted from several mainstream forums, I use the FFisherman as examples because they're the only ones that still exist, not because I want to be patronised for referring to older charts.

Roads become dead ends, I'm making an effort to tie up anything I find that contradicts in an effort to learn. I believe in the logic of this approach but its evolved quite a lot. I cannot find some answers without some assistance. The 5 minute Q is relevant to someone with only bits of a jigsaw, Qs about the dashboard are also relevant. I have no objection to donating/paying but I want to understand what i am buying, is that so foolish.

I was hoping to become a valued part of this board but my reception is a bit cold.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 pm

pgtips wrote::sigh:
I asked in the first post "what changed from 1999 till now. Clearly I understood it evolved but no matter how many posts I try to trawl through all the answers are not there, many (all) have been deleted from several mainstream forums, I use the FFisherman as examples because they're the only ones that still exist, not because I want to be patronised for referring to older charts.

Roads become dead ends, I'm making an effort to tie up anything I find that contradicts in an effort to learn. I believe in the logic of this approach but its evolved quite a lot. I cannot find some answers without some assistance. The 5 minute Q is relevant to someone with only bits of a jigsaw, Qs about the dashboard are also relevant. I have no objection to donating/paying but I want to understand what i am buying, is that so foolish.

I was hoping to become a valued part of this board but my reception is a bit cold.

If you are looking for pity then you will not find it.

If you simply want the right answer then ask the right questions.
If you ask the right question and you don't understand why an answer was given then you need to first assume that the correct answer was given and ask yourself how it is so that that is the answer.

pgtips

Postby pgtips » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:48 pm

ok you are wasting my time, please don't waste yours writing meaningless replies.

you think I want pity, beautiful coming from someone with the username the "MightyOne". that's actually very good, I appreciate the irony.

But no, I don't do pity. You shouldn't assume these things, its off topic, irrelevant and a waste of time for me to read. Keep up the irony though, you're funny. =D>

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:30 pm

pgtips wrote:ok you are wasting my time, please don't waste yours writing meaningless replies.

you think I want pity, beautiful coming from someone with the username the "MightyOne". that's actually very good, I appreciate the irony.

But no, I don't do pity. You shouldn't assume these things, its off topic, irrelevant and a waste of time for me to read. Keep up the irony though, you're funny. =D>

You would find that I am generous with the time that I would spend answering your questions, which have been asked and answered countless times by others, if every response did not hit you in the feels.

Read my posts, don't read my posts, it is all the same to me; I sell nothing, I ask for nothing.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am

pgtips wrote::sigh:

My answers are usually terse. Not trying to be rude or insulting.

Most traders are under the (false) assumption that time frames make a difference. The truth is the 1-tick chart is the ONLY TRUE chart. All other charts are DATA COMPRESSION. Price is the same on all charts.

Trends, support, resistance, supply, demand, etc... are all CONCEPTS!! Daily open, high, low, close are the same across all time frames (from the same broker feed). Understand this will help you to SEE what is going on with the instrument you pick to trade.

Using the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor indicator (with default settings) on M5 is suicide!! Maybe that clears things up.

May I suggest you watch my trading videos on YouTube.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

optymistic

Postby optymistic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
optymistic wrote:Hi All

Can someone tell me where can I find TRO ebook "The Big Picture Trading Strategy"
It would be great if someone can post a link...

Thanks in advance.

Check your PM

Thanks TRO

pgtips

Postby pgtips » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:My answers are usually terse. Not trying to be rude or insulting.

yes I know
TheRumpledOne wrote:Using the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor indicator (with default settings) on M5 is suicide!! Maybe that clears things up.
May I suggest you watch my trading videos on YouTube.

thanks, yes it expands and makes it clearer. I watched several of the videos last night to make sure i had not missed anything, the daily wick is another approach that looks encouraging. The ZZ semafore I have is a TRO modified one, think from FFisherman. I also have a couple of scripts and EA that you may find useful to complement.

I'm going to look at the VSA side of things today, I wonder is there is a correlation to the 3 level H/L. I think you did this yourself at some point but I cannot recall where I read or saw that, if at all. Might be a waste of time but won't take long to find out.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:58 pm

VSA is a waste of time. Yes, I did a lot of work on those indicators. Wasn't really profitable for me. Prefer statistical analysis and trading accordingly.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:59 pm

USDCADH1.png
USDCADH1.png (56.22 KiB) Viewed 2597 times

pgtips

Postby pgtips » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:15 pm

I took this NLA trade today, it made 10 no problem.
the bounce off daily support was good for me, set pending and made >13.
1hr and 15min chart shown
The 3 in the circle has now moved, as price is no longer low at the green support line but at the time it was valid, I had support and entered in the zone. Perhaps I was fortunate as price had not decided that that was the daily low yet.

On the 5 min chart I probably would have got stopped out on the DTBLAR trade that setup a few minutes later, but then 20 minutes after a good one came along so it would have evened out.

1hr chart (note 3 circle has moved along 1 bar since I took the trade to show the new low)
gu-1hr-nla.jpg
gu-1hr-nla.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

15 min, you can see the green arow inside the bar where I entered in the then current rat zone.
gu-NLA-6-apr-16.jpg
gu-NLA-6-apr-16.jpg (32.84 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

Any comments welcome.
PG
Last edited by pgtips on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”